[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ty Hill to Fins

Dcat

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

waiting on terms of trade.  Hope Miami gave them their draft

5 picks spread out

ETA:

2022 1st-round (No. 29) 2022 2nd-round pick (No. 50)

2022 4th-round pick 2023 4th and 6th-round picks

Edited by Shaft

4 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

What the heck happened here, could they not come to an agreement on a long term deal? 

KC couldn't keep up with the rest of the AFC West ams race. Defense was suspect, now offense is too. Fading world power. ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, purplemonster said:

Not sure I like this trade for anybody 

Maybe other KC WRs, especially if they acquire or draft somebody talented. 

OBJ is still a free agent, Rams want to sign him but haven't so far. Of course he's also going to miss a half a season or so based on the injury rehab schedule. 

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Maybe this is just sour grapes from a disgruntled Jets fan, but this contract is insane. Wow.  Congrats to Hill.  Just be kind to your wife and kids please.

124 million guaranteed for a 28 y.o. WR that is about 5 feet tall and relies on elite speed and quickness, and won't get you over the top, and give up assets for? This sounds like a horrible trade. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

And now we know why kc rejected hill

so I shouldn't be so upset with Jets GM Joe Douglas over this, should I?

That's ok... I've got plenty of other reasons to punch Douglas in the nose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Maybe this is just sour grapes from a disgruntled Jets fan, but this contract is insane. Wow.  Congrats to Hill.  Just be kind to your wife and kids please.

Comparable to Adams, and Hill is younger.  Not saying I like either contract, but that's the market now. 

Edited by Def.

4 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

WTF is going on in the NFL? 

I know right! This is the most big name moves I have seen in recent years. Fantasy will be interesting this year. So much luck will be in play this year. No one knows how well these players will mesh together this coming season. 

Edited by CrazyCajun

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

Not sure I like this trade for anybody. Fantasywise or otherwise 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Maybe other KC WRs, especially if they acquire or draft somebody talented. 

OBJ is still a free agent, Rams want to sign him but haven't so far. Of course he's also going to miss a half a season or so based on the injury rehab schedule. 

Definitely Hardman.  Maybe Juju?  Good for the rest of the AFC West, also, I believe.  Because, let's face it, Hardman is no Hill.  KC's most dynamic weapon on offense is gone.  On the other hand, KC obviously felt like it was something they had to do, and long-term, it may work out in their favor in terms of staying in the mix/relevant longer.  Especially if they can shore up another piece (defense, O-LIne) with those picks while not seeing too much of a downgrade at WR.  

On the MIA side, it's too early to tell.  Certainly Tua, and one could make the argument that Waddle may actually benefit from the defensive attention going elsewhere.  Long-term, though, I can't help but wonder if MIA will regret moving all of those picks, and the true benefactors might end up being the rest of the AFC East.  That's a lot of draft capital to give up for a player that won't change anything if you aren't solid on both sides of the ball in the trenches.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

This was a good non move for nyj

It is now being reported that the NY Jets offered both 2022 2nds and a 2022 4th (35, 38, and 69) for Hill and KC's 103.  Not sure why KC would have accepted this, but it is said they did along with Mia and left it up to Hill?  I'm not buying this.  Makes no sense.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It is now being reported that the NY Jets offered both 2022 2nds and a 2022 4th (35, 38, and 69) for Hill and KC's 103.  Not sure why KC would have accepted this, but it is said they did along with Mia and left it up to Hill?  I'm not buying this.  Makes no sense.

12 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

No income tax in Florida. 

Both franchises have been a mess for a while, so that along with a better climate could be the clincher. 

Does anybody think the Chiefs signing JuJu was a sign they already knew they were not keeping Hill? 

I like this trade for the Chiefs, Here's why I think they made the move:

They are looking around the division and took an honest look at their roster. This Super Bowl window was closing FAST. Not much depth at all or real playmakers on defense. An aging Kelce and Hill at 28 years old. Few playmakers behind those guys. They got one Super Bowl out of this window.

Now, they see this offseason the other teams in the division loaded up to beat the Chiefs NOW. So the Chiefs decide to start their mini-rebuild now, so in 2023 and beyond they are well positioned to own this division for the remaining part of Mahome's prime. They are zagging while the division zigged.

And they still might have enough talent to get a wild card and make some noise in the playoffs. If not, you take a year off and come back even stronger for the stretch run of Mahome's career. I love this move.

• Like 2