[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers QB Haskins killed in car hit

Big John

• Big John changed the title to Steelers QB Haskins killed in car hit
Tragic details: Dwayne Haskins was walking on I-595 for unknown reasons, the Florida Highway Patrol says. He tried to cross lanes with oncoming traffic and collided with a dump truck.

Edited by League_Champion

I was curious when it happened, an article I read (USAToday) said 6:37AM, it also had this statement "The FHP said he was attempting to cross westbound lanes of Interstate 595 when he was hit by a dump truck."

Not sure if that is an accurate description or just an odd choice of words. That would mean he wasn't walking on the side of the highway but attempting to cross the highway. 

15 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I was curious when it happened, an article I read (USAToday) said 6:37AM, it also had this statement "The FHP said he was attempting to cross westbound lanes of Interstate 595 when he was hit by a dump truck."

Not sure if that is an accurate description or just an odd choice of words. That would mean he wasn't walking on the side of the highway but attempting to cross the highway. 

Not sure but one article speculated that his car may of broke down and he was trying to cross the road to get help. I haven't seen anything stating that's what really happened though. 

On 4/9/2022 at 12:38 PM, League_Champion said:

Not sure but one article speculated that his car may of broke down and he was trying to cross the road to get help. I haven't seen anything stating that's what really happened though. 

That was the first report I heard, but where is he going or coming from at 5:30 in the morning?  I hate to speculate or fear the worst, but I suspect something was going on with him mentally/emotionally or intoxicated... or both.

Edited by darin3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

That was the first report I heard, but where is he going or coming from at 5:30 in the morning?  I hate to speculate or fear the worst, but I suspect something was going on with him mentally/emotionally or intoxicated... or both.

Yeah, it's a very strange story. I thought the same thing when I first heard it. It's just heart breaking. 

14 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Yeah, it's a very strange story. I thought the same thing when I first heard it. It's just heart breaking. 

Yeah from all reports it sounded like he was a good kid that was working hard... wasn't necessarily seeing results so maybe the guy just broke down.  Feel bad for those he leaves behind.  

I was reading a bit more about the local person who says they saw him walking on the highway shortly before he was hit and called 911. His description of Haskins being in the road, waving his arms, causing many vehicles to veer around him...doesn't sound like somebody trying to dart across the road, more like somebody trying to get the attention of a vehicle (waving his arms) or possibly something more sad...

The Buckeyes have a tribute scheduled for the spring game this weekend.

19 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I was reading a bit more about the local person who says they saw him walking on the highway shortly before he was hit and called 911. His description of Haskins being in the road, waving his arms, causing many vehicles to veer around him...doesn't sound like somebody trying to dart across the road, more like somebody trying to get the attention of a vehicle (waving his arms) or possibly something more sad...

The Buckeyes have a tribute scheduled for the spring game this weekend.

Exactly, from the first moment this story broke, I felt that things weren't right with Haskins. The time of day is a bit odd, but okay, he's an early riser. If I run out of gas, am I crossing a major highway and taking that risk?  Hell no!  What's the real story here?  Regardless, absolute tragedy and I feel for him and his family. 

49 minutes ago, irish said:

Exactly, from the first moment this story broke, I felt that things weren't right with Haskins. The time of day is a bit odd, but okay, he's an early riser. If I run out of gas, am I crossing a major highway and taking that risk?  Hell no!  What's the real story here?  Regardless, absolute tragedy and I feel for him and his family. 

And let's not forget about the person who hit him. They'll have to live with that forever. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Unless the drunk Woman was his Widow?? This is absolutely bizarre. 

Good point. My mind did not go there. I guess because if and when my wife and I drink, no one is passing out or driving in that situation. 

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

And you wonder why I light you up. You're dumb as shizz. 

You're the dumbass or were you just trying to funny?

What makes you think his wife/widow was in the car with him?  And that detail would not be reported by any news outlet? 

You don't light me up, you just say a lot of stupid manure. 

11 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

You're the dumbass or were you just trying to funny?

What makes you think his wife/widow was in the car with him?  And that detail would not be reported by any news outlet? 

You don't light me up, you just say a lot of stupid manure. 

How the hell do we know who was in the car with him? Go back and read what I wrote, in question form!  Should I ASSUME it was a hooker? You're being irresponsible Steven! 

Edited by League_Champion