[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers QB Haskins killed in car hit

Big John

21 hours ago, League_Champion said:

How the hell do we know who was in the car with him? Go back and read what I wrote, in question form!  Should I ASSUME it was a hooker? You're being irresponsible Steven! 

Assuming it was a hooker would be more intelligent than asking if it was his wife. You seriously think media would report "drunken woman in his car" if it was his wife. Or that his wife wouldn't be talking about that? 

Somebody posted the info about him being in a car with a drunk woman stating how it would be hard on the widow. You tried to say something witty "unless the drunk woman was the widow". 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

What the hell was he thinking though? You'd have to be trashed or crazy to be playing Frogger on a Florida Highway at 6:30 in the morning. 

Yeah, this is where you call your agent and say "hey bro, me and my girl are stuck on the freeway, what do I do?"

From the initial reports many thought he have just been walking on the shoulder, clearly that was not the case. Sure sounds like he was crossing the road, not sure why he would attempt that even while going to get gas. 

Probably should have called the rental car agency, they often have roadside assistance. 

• 1 month later...

To nobody's surprise, it has been determined that Haskins was legally drunk and had drugs in his system when he was hit while walking on a highway and killed. When I saw the headline this morning my first thought was, "I bet it was close to double the limit". I'm not sure how people even remain conscious at that level. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33971836/dwayne-haskins-was-legally-drunk-death-according-toxicology-report

"According to the toxicology report, two separate samples taken from Haskins' body had alcohol levels of .20 and .24, both of which are above the legal limit in Florida of .08. According to the report, Haskins also tested positive for ketamine and norketamine, drugs that are used by medical professionals as anesthetics but that also have been known to be used recreationally."

Another article I read had this interesting part

"The Steelers told investigators that Haskins had no mental health issues and had never made any suicidal threats. They said he sometimes drank heavily and sometimes used marijuana, but was not known to use any other recreational drugs. The medical examiner ruled the death an accident."

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2022/05/autopsy-dwayne-haskins-was-legally-drunk-when-fatally-struck-by-truck-in-florida.html

Both stories say he went out for dinner (conflicting info on with who) then had drinks with a cousin or friend, possibly in Miami. They drank heavily, got into a fight and had to be separated. 

His death was determined to be accidental, and the drivers of the vehicles that struck him will be not be charged. 

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Alcohol and ketamine... Yummy and good fur when you simply want to eliminate any conscious thought.

I'm impressed he was able to stand!

Good at football, not so good at Frogger. WTF are these athletes thinking?? Get an F'ing Uber dumb ass. 

Edited by League_Champion

24 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Good at football, not so good at Frogger. WTF are these athletes thinking?? Get an F'ing Uber dumb ass. 

That would require reasonable insight and decision making…which is often not possible while drunk/high. What’s sad is that when I heard of his death I was probably one of the few people not surprised. Still incredibly sad and tragic, but being a bust and on the brink of losing your career doesn’t sit well with most. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Does the NFL still offer free taxi rides?

On 4/21/2022 at 1:20 PM, stevegrab said:

Sure sounds like he was crossing the road, not sure why he would attempt that  

To get to the other side 

20 hours ago, LordOpie said:

this is what I truly do not understand. Even the lowest paid player has more than enough money to ALWAYS pay for a lift. It solves so many problems, not just death.

20 hours ago, Big John said:

Does the NFL still offer free taxi rides?

Like Opie said, even the lowest paid player can afford, they rich compared to most average joes. Nobody should have to pay for it. And Watson made $15M in his short career, he could hire a limo. The problem is, for many of these guys that's admitting they are not superman and capable of operating their vehicle while hammered. Plus who wants to leave the fancy car at home and take an Uber in some bozos beat up Corolla. Maybe if they had fancy high end Uber for the rich and famous, riding in a Rolls or Hummer. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Like Opie said, even the lowest paid player can afford, they rich compared to most average joes. Nobody should have to pay for it. And Watson made $15M in his short career, he could hire a limo. The problem is, for many of these guys that's admitting they are not superman and capable of operating their vehicle while hammered. Plus who wants to leave the fancy car at home and take an Uber in some bozos beat up Corolla. Maybe if they had fancy high end Uber for the rich and famous, riding in a Rolls or Hummer. 

They may not be Hummers or Rolls Royces but you can get a car service that usually employs vehicles like Escalades, etc.  Heck, even UberX tends to be of the nicer varieties.  

6 hours ago, darin3 said:

They may not be Hummers or Rolls Royces but you can get a car service that usually employs vehicles like Escalades, etc.  Heck, even UberX tends to be of the nicer varieties.  

Or they could be dead not wanting to slum it in a Corolla. Mama always said "stupid is as stupid does".

On 5/24/2022 at 12:22 PM, LordOpie said:

but you plan that in advance. 

Sometimes my wife will tell us we're going out and getting drunk, so we lyft/uber TO the restaurant and then we're forced to do the same to get home.

You are talking to me as a rationale human being with reasonable judgement. Haskins likely had issues with judgement. 

Yeah unfortunately most have no idea what it’s like to have that kind of wealth at his age. I was a complete idiot when I was 23-24 years old but I was broke too. If I had millions of dollars it would have only made it worse. The only hope is they figure it out before it’s too late. Obviously for him he didn’t 

the only good thing that came out of this is he didn’t kill anybody else on the road that morning. Driving around 3 times the legal limit and on drugs he very easily could have

Edited by Finn5033