[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alright, I've had it with guns already!

irish

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Every state is different. I think we really need to start in these big Cities where tons of crimes are being committed with either stolen or illegally obtained firearms. The vast majority of these weapons were not legally purchased and are not legally registered. How do we disarm them or are we just disarming the millions of good law biding gun owners? 

It seems that people only care when it's little Johnny getting killed, the white kid. 

Most of these mass shootings happen with legally obtained guns, whether the shooter owned them or was allowed access to them in their home by others. That is what mostly concerns people, because of their random nature from schools to stores to theaters to bars and other events. It is harder for people to avoid those than inner city crime, by not spending time in the bad areas of your community (easier if you don't live there). 

Who said we were only concerned with white kids? I didn't look at the race of anybody involved in this recent shooting before feeling bad for them. Pretty sure that at least a few of the Uvalde TX school shooting victims were Latino, not white. I felt bad for them too, without knowing their race. 

Nobody is trying to DISARM the law abiding gun owners. The shooter in Nashville was law abiding, until they started killing others with their gun. I guess we wait until they break the laws, then try to prevent them from getting guns. Oh wait you already admitted that we needed more in the gun purchase process to address this. But apparently after I've reminded you that the politicians you support and align yourself with don't push for those policies you've gone back to the old its the inner city crime with guns in the hands of criminals that we need to address. I mean that's the part of my post you decided to include when quoting me. 

Should have known it was impossible to have a legitimate conversation with you.

9 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Most of these mass shootings happen with legally obtained guns

Mass shootings are an extremely small percentage of gun violence. The big problems are in the inner City. It's ok to say it. It doesn't make you racist, it's fact. 

Everyone I know in my town has multiple guns and guess what? No gun violence, no murders, etc. I can leave my door unlocked at night, so why would that be? Is it because they aren't violent people? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Mass shootings are an extremely small percentage of gun violence. The big problems are in the inner City. It's ok to say it. It doesn't make you racist, it's fact. 

Everyone I know in my town has multiple guns and guess what? No gun violence, no murders, etc. I can leave my door unlocked at night, so why would that be? Is it because they aren't violent people? 

Not a big problem to the safety of the average person who doesn't spend time in the inner city. 

Everyone you know....what percentage of the town population is that? How many in the town?  I don't know if any of my neighbors have guns, and I don't really care. 

Of course you follow this up with your usual asinine memes. We all know who commits the crime, but you seem to be unable to grasp that the potential for violence with a gun is far greater than without. 

Steve - his stance or opinion is valid. Responsible gun owners can't nor should be penalized. A passionate gun owner almost always has guns in their family history, so there is a sentiment to owning them. They are almost akin to a piece of art to them, and something that will be passed down, and they have memories with them. They are tools like using a hammer...something that non gun owners don't understand.

So said simply, I don't believe he is wrong. I don't own a gun but understand how responsible gun owners feel.

It is up to these responsible gun owners to try to create the necessary change in the easy access of these high capacity weapons, because the line of responsible and irresponsible has never been drawn and only the irresponsible ones are to blame...but by default, all gun owners face the brunt of this.

Deflection to inner city crime and "the libs want to take my guns away" is simply subterfuge to the real issue of easy access.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Steve - his stance or opinion is valid. Responsible gun owners can't nor should be penalized. A passionate gun owner almost always has guns in their family history, so there is a sentiment to owning them. They are almost akin to a piece of art to them, and something that will be passed down, and they have memories with them. They are tools like using a hammer...something that non gun owners don't understand.

So said simply, I don't believe he is wrong. I don't own a gun but understand how responsible gun owners feel.

It is up to these responsible gun owners to try to create the necessary change in the easy access of these high capacity weapons, because the line of responsible and irresponsible has never been drawn and only the irresponsible ones are to blame...but by default, all gun owners face the brunt of this.

Deflection to inner city crime and "the libs want to take my guns away" is simply subterfuge to the real issue of easy access.

To the bolded, they seem to have no interest in doing anything about regulating access to any kind of guns, ammo or magazine/clips. Not based on what most say, and certainly not based on the candidates they vote for. That was part of what I tried to address with LC but he completely ignored that and instead jumped into his anti-liberal agenda.

I know that guns in inner city are a problem, and a threat to those who are those communities. But these mass shootings are a threat to every person everywhere, because they are so random and happen in so many places where we tend to congregate. I can avoid the gun crime in the inner city by not spending time there. Something I find pretty easy to do. I am not going to stop shopping, going to church, dining out, going to shows/concerts etc. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

I know that guns in inner city are a problem, and a threat to those who are those communities. But 

There shouldn't be a but after that sentence. Inner city violence kills way more innocent people every year than any of these mass shootings. I know that the mass shootings are more dramatic and target the most vulnerable, but neither should be discounted and both should be addressed with equal fervor.

8 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

There shouldn't be a but after that sentence. Inner city violence kills way more innocent people every year than any of these mass shootings. I know that the mass shootings are more dramatic and target the most vulnerable, but neither should be discounted and both should be addressed with equal fervor.

I'm speaking about my own personal safety, or that of any average citizen in the USA. Not the damage to the community that comes with inner city violence. Would be interesting to see how people are classified as "innocent" in those shootings. Considering the number of times its two groups of criminals shooting at each other (at least what I hear reported here). Where as its undeniable in these mass shootings that all victims are innocent. 

I can and have avoided gun violence for almost 60 years, spent living in Los Angeles, Cleveland and Akron. (Never lived in the
"ghetto" but gang violence was around us in LA.) I'm not confident that can continue with all this random violence. I'm rarely in a school but all the other target areas fit in with daily live for me. I don't fear for my life or have a need to be armed, but I recognize an increased threat these days. 

It was interesting to hear LC say that we need more laws regulating access to guns, but when asked about supporting politicians who support that he went quite. 

I also see that Tucker Carlson last night was saying that transgender is a religion with a goal of killing Christians. He sounds really smart.  I think I'm going to listen to him tell me what's happening for a number of things including the January 6 insurrection.  

Blame, deflect, more blame, more deflect.

The pattern is incredibly predictable at this point. Meme blame, meme deflect. And then there is the amazing stance that all gun violence is the same, and utterly equal. That stance deserves little or no response.

16 hours ago, 6kings said:

And just like that they got everyone to stop talking about the massacre in Nashville 

Nope there were still stories about it the late local news here last night. Along with the Trump indictment, weather, sports and other stuff. I'm sure Fox probably went full attack DEMs mode after the news broke, and stopped echoing the "thoughts and prayers" GOP line.

On 3/30/2023 at 6:37 PM, gilthorp said:

you are a massive tool who trolls multiple fantasy football message boards with your drivel. Congratulations to you! You have made it in life. 

It would be nice if we talked football in here, unfortunately NOBODY talks football. Unless it's political NOBODY cares, especially you and your Boy Bobby. When's the last time he talked football?? 

If you want to have a real discussion regarding FANTASY FOOTBALL, the draft or Dynasty I'm all in, I'd love nothing more. 

25 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Yes Gil,

It's your fault (and mine) that LC is a troll because we don't post about football enough.  Do better man.  I'll start.

Travis Kelce caught a pass.

Speaking of Travis Kelce and football... enjoy!

14 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I don't agree with this but as of now they require the same FDLE background check to purchase a gun as they do for a concealed carry permit. They are just cutting out a useless repeated step of the process. 

What if they already own a gun without having a background check, like in a private sale, or got it as a gift, or purchased it in another state that doesn't require background checks. Or made the purchase years ago, and have since done things that would prevent them clearing the background check. 

Some would prefer there be no background checks, or really no laws at all pertaining to guns. You know how 2A says "shall not infringe". Except of course that "don't let criminals have guns" thing. 

7 hours ago, stevegrab said:

What if they already own a gun without having a background check, like in a private sale, or got it as a gift, or purchased it in another state that doesn't require background checks. Or made the purchase years ago, and have since done things that would prevent them clearing the background check. 

That's an illegal purchase. It all must be done by a FFL Dealer, even if given to you. That's every State

Every gun has a serial number that belongs to the purchaser