[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alright, I've had it with guns already!

irish

Just now, Bobby Brown said:

I was simply asking for a clarification of your position.  That is not a strawman.  Unless there is an alternative definition I'm not aware of. 

When you said "a line of BS," can you provide what line of BS I posted and provide evidence of what I posted isn't true?  I greatly look forward to your well reasoned and fact based reply.    

Awww.  So cute, wants to parse words so all his little net friends can giggle.  Together.  

You want me to teach you about media bias and BS news?   Is that it?

The topic is Guns.  Sick of them, right?  Is that the title?  I think you posted in the thread 20 or 30 times.  Perhaps i mistook this for you not being sick of them?  Dont really care much. 

I assert guns are ancillary to societies ills.     

The OP who said he's sick of guns, is named Irish.  My name isn't Irish.  My name is Bobby Brown.

It's your prerogative to assign imaginary positions to me, then attack them.  But it doesn't result in meaningful discussion.

Attacking a strawman is a lot like master baiting in public. It may feel good, but you just look silly in front of everyone doing it.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

The OP who said he's sick of guns, is named Irish.  My name isn't Irish.  My name is Bobby Brown.

It's your prerogative to assign imaginary positions to me, then attack them.  But it doesn't result in meaningful discussion.

Attacking a strawman is a lot like master baiting in public. It may feel good, but you just look silly in front of everyone doing it.

I requoted your statement.  The one I commented on originally.  One of your many in this thread that isnt yours.  

So, go.  Support your position with quantitative data.  Make your case.  What was your case again?  

On 3/30/2023 at 11:07 AM, rajncajn said:

There shouldn't be a but after that sentence. Inner city violence kills way more innocent people every year than any of these mass shootings. I know that the mass shootings are more dramatic and target the most vulnerable, but neither should be discounted and both should be addressed with equal fervor.

By orders of magnitude.  FAR more.  it is also predictable and therefore preventable. 

As to addressing it?  Dont hold your breath.  That would be counter productive to several plans currently in action. 

On 7/18/2022 at 11:00 AM, stevegrab said:

How many of you who carry regularly do that, and take your gun in places where the business has prohibited it? 

I am curious, what other rights, freedoms, interests, or behaviors can a business curtail?  If McDonalds put up a sign that stated "IRISH NOT SERVED", would you be ok with it?  What if a baker said "we dont bake for tranny's"?     I would personally frown upon a sign at Target stating that people over 30 must be blond, or that you couldnt talk while shopping.  Or that you cant shop if you vote Green party.  

I dunno.  I know its not the topic of the whole thread, but I reject a businesses right to curtail my constitutional and civil rights, and I think that case law supports me in this. 

ps-  I went to a party the other day and 60% of the participants were carrying.  I wasnt.  No one got shot.  I was shocked, right?

On 5/26/2023 at 4:18 PM, FinishTheDrill said:

Sorry, I didnt see the second half of your post.  I dont really care what you'd like to see.  It matters very, very little to me.  

Right wing kook drivel?  lol.  ok.   You blame guns.  I'll blame parents and adults who raised and released horrible people.  

Based on this kind of post, why should anybody care what you have to say about anything?

On 5/26/2023 at 4:20 PM, FinishTheDrill said:

You would do well to consider who/what else feeds you a line of BS.  

And you'd be more relevant if you participated in the discussion when it was going on, not six weeks later. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, darin3 said:

Dunno if this was intentional, but :lol: 

Are you kidding?  Of course it was intentional!  It's his prerogative. 

2 hours ago, irish said:

Are you kidding?  Of course it was intentional!  It's his prerogative. 

I dunno, BB is one of my better Huddle Buddies (tm)... I dunno if he's that funny.  :oldunsure: 

:woot:

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I dunno, BB is one of my better Huddle Buddies (tm)... I dunno if he's that funny.  :oldunsure: 

I'm certain he'd tell you it was intentional just to keep his rep up with his fanbois. :lol:

Edited by rajncajn