[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alright, I've had it with guns already!

irish

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Hmm, maybe the No Weapons signs don't apply to people who work somewhere. I remember reading that was the case in a bar (bartender can be armed but patrons cannot). I know we had signs at our office, our owner was into hunting and several other employees were into guns. Never heard any of them complaining they had to leave their guns at home or in the car. 

As for people thinking the "no carry" signs are stupid, lots of people think certain laws and rules are stupid. Like a small town bar a friend told me about where everybody still smokes, but when an outsider walks in everybody scurries to hide ashtrays. They just ignore the indoor smoking ban since the majority of their customers want to smoke, probably employees do. 

Now that you mention it, I have seen plenty of bartenders with sidearms.  That was all in WA state though and it is definitely illegal as a patron to have a gun in a bar.  That said, I came down out of the mountains with a friend and we were playing pool in a small town bar and drinking beers.  There was a cop in the bar talking with the bartender.  At one point I brought the stick back and hit my .357, which I had forgotton to take off before going in.  I though, oh crap, but we had been there for about an hour already and I hadn't heard a word yet so I guess they didn't care.  And before anyone gets judgy, out there surrounded by black bears, cougars and the occasional miscreant, the weapon was always on my hip.

As for laws and rules being stupid, I'll be honest and say that I live my life with a strong sense of morals and ethics but I do tend to think I'm above the law.  :) Especially traffic laws.

4 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Different states have different laws regarding where you can and cannot carry. 

Yep I'm well aware that quite a few laws very from state to state. 

I was mostly curious about these "no weapons allowed signs" and whether law abiding gun owners follow them or not. Or is it done only if there are serious legal consequences. 

Here is the Ohio law, and I'm still not clear on does that means its a criminal offense if somebody does it?  I thought it was when this initially passed about a decade ago. But after reading some stuff regarding the Indy shooting I wonder. I would also wonder if maybe it gets repealed or decriminalized. 

https://codes.ohio.gov/ohio-revised-code/section-2923.1212 

1 minute ago, 1fastdoc said:

Now that you mention it, I have seen plenty of bartenders with sidearms.  That was all in WA state though and it is definitely illegal as a patron to have a gun in a bar.  That said, I came down out of the mountains with a friend and we were playing pool in a small town bar and drinking beers.  There was a cop in the bar talking with the bartender.  At one point I brought the stick back and hit my .357, which I had forgotton to take off before going in.  I though, oh crap, but we had been there for about an hour already and I hadn't heard a word yet so I guess they didn't care.  And before anyone gets judgy, out there surrounded by black bears, cougars and the occasional miscreant, the weapon was always on my hip.

As for laws and rules being stupid, I'll be honest and say that I live my life with a strong sense of morals and ethics but I do tend to think I'm above the law.  :) Especially traffic laws.

Thanks for the response.  I think most honest people will tell you they regularly break certain traffic laws, most have had a speeding ticket (or been pulled over) and don't get bothered when caught (just wonder why you and not the guy that went by going 100). 

Fast doc likes his fast cars :) 

6 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Thanks for the response.  I think most honest people will tell you they regularly break certain traffic laws, most have had a speeding ticket (or been pulled over) and don't get bothered when caught (just wonder why you and not the guy that went by going 100). 

Fast doc likes his fast cars :) 

lol, I don't ever wonder why me and I deserved every ticket I've received and then some.  I am that guy going 100.  

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Yep I'm well aware that quite a few laws very from state to state. 

I was mostly curious about these "no weapons allowed signs" and whether law abiding gun owners follow them or not. Or is it done only if there are serious legal consequences. 

Here is the Ohio law, and I'm still not clear on does that means its a criminal offense if somebody does it?  I thought it was when this initially passed about a decade ago. But after reading some stuff regarding the Indy shooting I wonder. I would also wonder if maybe it gets repealed or decriminalized. 

https://codes.ohio.gov/ohio-revised-code/section-2923.1212 

You seemed to be conflating laws in different states and confused about what is allowed. You would need to read the Indiana Concealed Carry Laws to understand that. Trying to relate them to what is allowed in your own state is futile.

As for carrying where there are no weapons signs; I'm certain some people do, especially if there's no teeth to the sign. In most states with concealed carry, it's probably just a trespassing charge or misdemeanor if the business owner asks them to leave and they refuse. Like your example, it's no different than not wearing a shirt. Most states, though, it's a different story and much more serious if you remove that weapon from it's concealment or holster without probable cause.

For me, I wouldn't typically carry unless I was going somewhere I particularly felt at risk. I'm not the type that would carry where it's not permitted and I have a big fear of someone breaking into my vehicle and stealing my gun. I also can't have it in my vehicle where I work or it's immediate termination. A guy I used to work with got fired when he & his wife split and he had all his crap stuffed in his car. He got pulled over for going a bit too fast and he told the guard that he had they gun and why, but company policy dictated they had to let him go.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rajncajn said:

You seemed to be conflating laws in different states and confused about what is allowed. You would need to read the Indiana Concealed Carry Laws to understand that. Trying to relate them to what is allowed in your own state is futile.

As for carrying where there are no weapons signs; I'm certain some people do, especially if there's no teeth to the sign. In most states with concealed carry, it's probably just a trespassing charge or misdemeanor if the business owner asks them to leave and they refuse. Like your example, it's no different than not wearing a shirt. Most states, though, it's a different story and much more serious if you remove that weapon from it's concealment or holster without probable cause.

For me, I wouldn't typically carry unless I was going somewhere I particularly felt at risk. I'm not the type that would carry where it's not permitted and I have a big fear of someone breaking into my vehicle and stealing my gun. I also can't have it in my vehicle where I work or it's immediate termination. A guy I used to work with got fired when he & his wife split and he had all his crap stuffed in his car. He got pulled over for going a bit too fast and he told the guard that he had they gun and why, but company policy dictated they had to let him go.

Thanks for all that, sorry if I over reacted. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/18/2022 at 4:21 PM, 1fastdoc said:

Now that you mention it, I have seen plenty of bartenders with sidearms.  That was all in WA state though and it is definitely illegal as a patron to have a gun in a bar.  That said, I came down out of the mountains with a friend and we were playing pool in a small town bar and drinking beers.  There was a cop in the bar talking with the bartender.  

Curious what area in the mountains and what bar.  Good chance I've been to both 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2022 at 1:07 PM, Bobby Brown said:

Curious what area in the mountains and what bar.  Good chance I've been to both 

Somewhere north of the town of Republic, maybe another 20 minutes to where we'd leave the blacktop.  I wish I could remember where exactly.  I recall it being about 9 miles (or km?) from the Canadian border.  The surrounding area was desert where the bar was.  A dirt road led to a pass that would open up into a little oasis of dense forest and a small pond.  My former FIL build a cabin in a clearing there.  But that was 25 years ago.  You got me curious and I started look at Google maps.  Lol, needle in a haystack.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

Somewhere north of the town of Republic, maybe another 20 minutes to where we'd leave the blacktop.  I wish I could remember where exactly.  I recall it being about 9 miles (or km?) from the Canadian border.  The surrounding area was desert where the bar was.  A dirt road led to a pass that would open up into a little oasis of dense forest and a small pond.  My former FIL build a cabin in a clearing there.  But that was 25 years ago.  You got me curious and I started look at Google maps.  Lol, needle in a haystack.

Oh yea.  I fought a wildcard fire east of Republic and did some minor geology research there.  Not sure if I ever drank in Republic but odds are pretty good I did.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Stupid parents who didn't seem to care about their dangerous kid and having access to a gun will stand trial for manslaughter. Their request to have the case dismissed was denied. They may appeal again, but the get the same result unless they can buy a judge.  Stupid school officials too, should have searched the kids, etc. 

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/crumbley-parents-trial-enough-evidence-to-try-james-and-jennifer-crumbley-for-oxford-shooting

43 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Stupid parents who didn't seem to care about their dangerous kid and having access to a gun will stand trial for manslaughter. Their request to have the case dismissed was denied. They may appeal again, but the get the same result unless they can buy a judge.  Stupid school officials too, should have searched the kids, etc. 

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/crumbley-parents-trial-enough-evidence-to-try-james-and-jennifer-crumbley-for-oxford-shooting

To the point that guns don't kill, stupid people with guns kill. I have enough guns for all of us and none of mine have magically walked off and killed anyone. Ain't that some shizz??? 

Stupid people in cars kill, bad electricians kill, drugs kill, cancer kills. A gun hasn't killed anyone. 

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

To the point that guns don't kill, stupid people with guns kill. I have enough guns for all of us and none of mine have magically walked off and killed anyone. Ain't that some shizz??? 

Stupid people in cars kill, bad electricians kill, drugs kill, cancer kills. A gun hasn't killed anyone. 

A lot of words with no commentary about what was posted. Just the stupid NRA mantra that "guns don't kill people". 

Never mind that people with guns kill more easily than those without. 

Do you agree these parents screwed up and contributed to 4 people being killed? Or were they within their rights and had no obligation to tell school officials about the gun they bought him, that he apparently had access to without "breaking into" anything. 

7 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Do you agree these parents screwed up and contributed to 4 people being killed? Or were they within their rights and had no obligation to tell school officials about the gun they bought him, that he apparently had access to without "breaking into" anything. 

No doubt, I believe in RESPONSIBILE gun ownership as with anything whether it's a knife an axe, a car, drinking, drugs, etc. Guns are political, that's it. 

My Son & Daughter are pretty much marksmen with a .22. But they're not afraid, intimidated or fascinated with guns. It's just another utensil or tool to them. They've been raised around guns their whole life, they don't care.

Guns are not the problem, people are. If you don't trust your kids around guns then you've been a bad parent. Bottom line. 

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

I am pretty sure someone went into a Nashville elementary school with a Coca Cola and killed people this morning. 

Now that mass killers figured out the damage Coca Cola can do, humanity is screwed.

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with Coca Cola is a good guy with Coca Cola.

We need to make sure teachers have Coca Cola.  In fact, the more Coca Cola everyone has the safer and skinnier everyone will be.  #Facts. 

Edited by Bobby Brown