[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alright, I've had it with guns already!

irish

4 hours ago, gilthorp said:

The only people who can come up with solutions are the folks that live in a gun culture.

The main issue is that they are too chicken sh!t to step out of the line they are in and continue to deflect from the topic of ease of accessibility.

Yes, mental health is an issue. Yes, the tool being used is not capable of killing on it's own....yes, most people don't understand the difference in weapon, caliber, capacity. 

No, arming teachers is a stupid answer. Pinning it on mental health only is a cop out. 

The only answer is real incremental gun purchasing and ownership laws. You either are for trying something that will delay/stop the next 18 year old from purchasing then conducting a mass killing with an automatic rifle, or you are against it. If you are against it, then pretty much f off.

I offered ideas that I was for on gun control early in the thread and instead of engaging in that discussion, your next reply was a blanket statement to us saying:

So just go ahead and say it then. We all need to be OK with any 18 year old buying these things, going back and loading up on more ammo, and potentially murdering 10 year olds. Bravo.

If all you want to talk about is guns then good luck fixing the problem. Keep your blinders on, get rid of all guns and we'll only really worry about solving the root problems when they affect you as emotionally as guns do. I'm not sorry that I want to look at the whole picture and address more than just guns and I'm certainly not going to apologize for discussing other issues.

Edited by rajncajn

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

Yesterday criticizing the Uvalde PD response means you hated all cops. 

Today, making blanket statements is bad.  

Some high level discourse I must say.  

He was directing the blanket statement at us.

You have,  what, maybe 2 or 3 posts at best in this entire thread that wouldn't be considered drive-by posting or some stupid meme. Way to bring up the level of discourse there, Champ.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, rajncajn said:

If all you want to talk about is guns then good luck fixing the problem. Keep your blinders on, get rid of all guns and we'll only really worry about solving the root problems when they affect you as emotionally as guns do. I'm not sorry that I want to look at the whole picture and address more than just guns and I'm certainly not going to apologize for discussing other issues.

Yup...get rid of all guns. That's what we've all been saying you f'n dope. I never knew you were a chicken sh!t and thought you were a stand up guy. I was wrong.

I get emotional about 18 year olds having easy access to killing machines and killing 10 year olds. It appears you don't. F off dude. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, rajncajn said:

https://www.newsweek.com/there-have-already-been-17-mass-shootings-week-since-uvalde-1711654

Statistics on the number of mass shootings this year. 17 have occurred since Uvalde. Most people will never even hear about nearly all of them. 

A shooting wounding 3 and critically injuring 1 on their way to the prom would send shockwaves in any other developed country.  The American public is predictably immune and calloused to it.  The stats in your link spell that out.

To make the national news cycle now in the US of A you need at least a dozen slaughtered in one event.  Random public places like churches and supermarkets help. Schools are the best.

Pretty soon we will limit outrage to just 50 or more preschoolers that get slaughtered on a day that doesn't end in Y.

11 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Yup...get rid of all guns. That's what we've all been saying you f'n dope. I never knew you were a chicken sh!t and thought you were a stand up guy. I was wrong.

I get emotional about 18 year olds having easy access to killing machines and killing 10 year olds. It appears you don't. F off dude. 

A bit confused here Gil, I've told you multiple times that I'm for more gun control, even outlined several ideas. I simply don't want that to be the ONLY thing we focus on. If you think that makes me "a chicken sh!t" then you go ahead.

Edited by rajncajn

9 hours ago, gilthorp said:

You're a psssy. We all agree something needs to be done, melting down like a biatch isn't going to make it go away. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Seriously, if you think that I haven't been emotional about this then you haven't been paying much f'n attention. You don't think I care about 10yo getting shot up in school or anywhere else then seriously, (the really bad word) you.

My wife is an elementary school assistant,  both my sisters are elementary school teachers, most of our friends are teachers, 3 of my cousins are teachers, my SIL and BIL are teachers and I still have a daughter in high school. And you're telling me that I'm not emotional about this because I want to address more issues than just guns, because i also want to get at the root of the problem? WTF???

My wife is a teacher, you think I don't hear almost on a daily basis the manure they have to deal with? The crazy ass and manurety parents, the kids who EVERY (the really bad word)ING YEAR increasingly show more serious mental issues and deficiencies? And what do the schools do about that? NOTHING. TEACHERS have to deal with that manure. Other students have to suffer because of that manure and those kids have hardly NO RESOURCES to really help them.@irishhow about you? What say you, is there a growing problem in this country with children's mental stability? Shouldnt we be trying to f'n DO something about that?

I don't know what I did to draw your ire, but it's f'n weird to say the least. I seriously don't know what you want from me. I get why Bobby and Irish were pissed at me because I called them out for a meme I disagreed with. IMO, posting memes displays less less emotion than actual discussing topics,  but wtf ever. We (Bobby/Irish and I) can go back and forth in disagreement about that, but it doesn't mean that we can't still discuss other things. In fact,  we've agreed on pretty much everything else. Hell, I've even agreed with most of what you've posted or suggested. This, I don't even know wtf it is. You seem to be angry with me about something and you don't even really say what it is.

Edited by rajncajn

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

You're a psssy. We all agree something needs to be done, melting down like a biatch isn't going to make it go away. 

You are as pathetic of a "man" we've seen on this board in years, maybe decades. I just haven't said anything, because I don't really care. But, you are. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

Seriously, if you think that I haven't been emotional about this then you haven't been paying much f'n attention. You don't think I care about 10yo getting shot up in school or anywhere else then seriously, (the really bad word) you.

My wife is an elementary school assistant,  both my sisters are elementary school teachers, most of our friends are teachers, 3 of my cousins are teachers, my SIL and BIL are teachers and I still have a daughter in high school. And you're telling me that I'm not emotional about this because I want to address more issues than just guns, because i also want to get at the root of the problem? WTF???

My wife is a teacher, you think I don't hear almost on a daily basis the manure they have to deal with? The crazy ass and manurety parents, the kids who EVERY (the really bad word)ING YEAR increasingly show more serious mental issues and deficiencies? And what do the schools do about that? NOTHING. TEACHERS have to deal with that manure. Other students have to suffer because of that manure and those kids have hardly NO RESOURCES to really help them.@irishhow about you? What say you, is there a growing problem in this country with children's mental stability? Shouldnt we be trying to f'n DO something about that?

I don't know what I did to draw your ire, but it's f'n weird to say the least. I seriously don't know what you want from me. I get why Bobby and Irish were pissed at me because I called them out for a meme I disagreed with. IMO, posting memes displays less less emotion than actual discussing topics,  but wtf ever. We (Bobby/Irish and I) can go back and forth in disagreement about that, but it doesn't mean that we can't still discuss other things. In fact,  we've agreed on pretty much everything else. Hell, I've even agreed with most of what you've posted or suggested. This, I don't even know wtf it is. You seem to be angry with me about something and you don't even really say what it is.

First thing's first Rajn, Gil is an angry dude, always has been. That'll never change, he should've stayed scrambled off with some of the rest of that crazy crew.  I don't have to tell you, but you just need to stop engaging with that toxicity. 

In regard to the first part that you wrote about (which I honestly should've addressed first) the state of mental health in this country and in schools is just plan tragic and was only exacerbated through Covid times!  And there absolutely needs to be a better plan of support in place and this should be priority #1!  The brokenness I see and feel everyday in my students and their families is depressing.  We have 1 individual to address all the problems we have in our school...1.  That poor lady is overwhelmed to say the least. And forget about dealing with writing up HIBs for bullying issues or helping to address academic concerns. Districts need to hire teams of people, not only on the district level, but provide more staffing at each school to address these problems, as they arise. Waiting for families to know, find, and continue getting themselves and their children the proper services and therapies is a pipe dream, rarely happens and does nothing but set up entire communities for failure when these mental health issues aren't addressed early on. Early intervention in ALL aspects has shown to have tremendous positive effects. We absolutely need to do better as a whole and no issue is a stand alone problem. Helping to fix one issue, can and will relieve others. Addressing mental health and improving that will help the gun related problems we've been seeing. Sure, it's not the entire answer but every bit helps. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I don't know what I did to draw your ire, but it's f'n weird to say the least.

I hear ya.  I guess some people need to make up situations in their own head to get butthurt about.  Maybe later if I have more time I'll tell you a story about a guy, a meme, and  imaginary positions he created out of thin air to argue against.  

50 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

I hear ya.  I guess some people need to make up situations in their own head to get butthurt about.  Maybe later if I have more time I'll tell you a story about a guy, a meme, and  imaginary positions he created out of thin air to argue against.  

At least I'm willing to tell you why I was butthurt about it, then you and I can disagree on the merits of my response. I may or may not be right, but at least I'm willing to argue my point.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rajncajn said:

At least I'm willing to tell you why I was butthurt about it, then you and I can disagree on the merits of my response. I may or may not be right, but at least I'm willing to argue my point.

Is being butthurt = to having your ego take a hit?  :Irishwink:

16 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I wonder sometimes if even you understand what you are saying.

I truly think that if we were in person, you would understand so much more about me and how I'm saying things. This feels like trying to understand someone though text message only. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Ramhock said:

Thought we lived in a democracy.  For example, 90%+ of us want background checks.  Can't get it done.  Guess it's not a democracy.

50 plus percent of our elected officials are bought and paid for.

The NY attorney General exposed the NRA a couple years ago and they are now bankrupt.   

There is a chance if we can vote a few of the (the really bad word)s out and dems maintain control of the house.

4 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Here's a mom that had kids in the school.  I hope she knows that Rajn thinks she shouldn't be "piggybacking the situation to slam cops."

Nice to see you actually posting something of substance again. Too bad it was only to troll me.

Edited by rajncajn

4 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

There is a chance if we can vote a few of the (the really bad word)s out and dems maintain control of the house

Yup, because Dem run Cities are doing great right now. There's no violence or problems whatsoever, just sunshine and rainbows. How long have the Dems had to get their shizz together? I'm sorry but LA, Chicago, Philly, NJ, Baltimore, Detroit are all human cesspools. What's the common denominator??? All talk, no action. Don't worry about what's happening in the hood, just act angry when the victims look like you.