[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alright, I've had it with guns already!

irish

4 hours ago, rajncajn said:

If they don't already, Dept of Homeland Security needs to have a task force set up for school security. Every single school needs to have their security measures, adequacy and protocols evaluated and whatever issues they have need to be corrected asap. Schools also need to be randomly tested, without warning to evaluate their response and adherence to protocols. After seeing more about what happened leading up to this, there were opportunities there to prevent it. The guy was shooting at people outside of the school and shot at the school from outside. All he did was hop a fence and walk right in from a side door. The classroom he went into had the door wide open and he just walked right in. WTF?

Let properly trained and permitted Teachers carry. He wouldn't of gotten very far if someone there was carrying. 

10 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Let properly trained and permitted Teachers carry. He wouldn't of gotten very far if someone there was carrying. 

This is such a terrible idea, imo. Adding more guns to schools would just increase the odds of more horrifically sad sh!t happening. 

47 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I've had this same discussion with a person on FB. Not every teacher should be able to carry a gun. Not every teacher is physically and emotionally equipped for that responsibility. Yes, you could train a select few, but those select few may not be in a position to do anything about it where a security guard(s) would. Furthermore, he or she would have to leave their class unattended to seek out a gunman who is likely better armed and better prepared. Lastly, think back to every teacher you know, every teacher you or your kids have ever had. Would you trust every single one of them with a gun around your kids? I know I wouldn't and the problem with that is I don't get to choose which ones carry and which don't. I also believe that teachers already have to deal with way more stress both in & out of the classroom than they should. I know a manure ton of teachers, including my wife & know that to be 100% accurate. I don't want those teachers bearing the added stress of worrying about firearm safety in the classroom. It's bad enough we have to introduce guns to our schools in the way of security. I don't want to introduce guns in our classrooms as well where the possibility of an incident involving a student only increases. No, I would MUCH prefer leave that responsibility up to trained professionals whose soul purpose is the security of the school and it's occupants.

7 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I've had this same discussion with a person on FB. Not every teacher should be able to carry a gun. Not every teacher is physically and emotionally equipped for that responsibility. Yes, you could train a select few, but those select few may not be in a position to do anything about it where a security guard(s) would. Furthermore, he or she would have to leave their class unattended to seek out a gunman who is likely better armed and better prepared. Lastly, think back to every teacher you know, every teacher you or your kids have ever had. Would you trust every single one of them with a gun around your kids? I know I wouldn't and the problem with that is I don't get to choose which ones carry and which don't. I also believe that teachers already have to deal with way more stress both in & out of the classroom than they should. I know a manure ton of teachers, including my wife & know that to be 100% accurate. I don't want those teachers bearing the added stress of worrying about firearm safety in the classroom. It's bad enough we have to introduce guns to our schools in the way of security. I don't want to introduce guns in our classrooms as well where the possibility of an incident involving a student only increases. No, I would MUCH prefer leave that responsibility up to trained professionals whose soul purpose is the security of the school and it's occupants.

No, certainly not every teacher. Most teachers are Libs and would never carry anyhow. One of my friends is a teacher at a local high school. She is former Military and is a certified conceal carry instructor. How would you feel with her teaching your kids and carrying? Pretty damn good I'd imagine. 

7 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

No, certainly not every teacher. Most teachers are Libs and would never carry anyhow. One of my friends is a teacher at a local high school. She is former Military and is a certified conceal carry instructor. How would you feel with her teaching your kids and carrying? Pretty damn good I'd imagine. 

Terrible, as I said, more carrying, means more opportunities for accidents. 

When arming teachers doesn't stop mass shootings, or contributes to a mass shooting or multiple accidents; then we'll need to arm librarians.  When that doesn't work we will need to arm school bus drivers and crossing guards.  After that doesn't work we will just start arming students.  We will need to start with 3rd graders since elementary schools are getting smoked.

#commonsense 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Putting aside the fact that I don't want guns in classrooms for many reasons, even if she were an expert pistol marksman and well trained in urban combat, gun safety, etc, etc, etc... What is she going to do in an active shooter situation? Stay in the room and protect only my child and the rest of the class while the rest of the school has to fend for themselves or leave the room and the children with no one? Or, drag all 20 something terrified kids out into the open hallway to unlock another classroom with a teacher so that those kids aren't alone? You ever try to move 20+ kids from point A to Point B quickly? Now imagine they are all terrified because they hear the gunfire and screams of their schoolmates just down the hall. Yeah, lets just leave them in the room to fend for themselves and hope another shooter isn't coming from the other direction and convinces them he won't kill them if they just open the door.

There is too much a teacher has on their plate in a situation like that when a security guard(s) has ONE job.

Edited by rajncajn

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

Putting aside the fact that I don't want guns in classrooms for many reasons, even if she were an expert pistol marksman and well trained in urban combat, gun safety, etc, etc, etc... What is she going to do in an active shooter situation? Stay in the room and protect only my child and the rest of the class while the rest of the school has to fend for themselves or leave the room and the children with no one? Or, drag all 20 something terrified kids out into the open hallway to unlock another classroom with a teacher so that those kids aren't alone? You ever try to move 20+ kids from point A to Point B quickly? Now imagine they are all terrified because they hear the gunfire and screams of their schoolmates just down the hall. Yeah, lets just leave them in the room to fend for themselves and hope another shooter isn't coming from the other direction and convinces them he won't kill them if they just open the door.

There is too much a teacher has on their plate in a situation like that when a security guard(s) has ONE job.

Beyond the multitude of logic you are hitting on, there is simple praciticability.  Teaching organizations aren't for it, law enforcement isn't for it, safety organizations aren't for it, and the general public isn't for it.

I guess in some places, arming teachers is considered valid debate.  But it's never going to happen at a substantive level.

Just one more idiotic distraction thrown out by the NRA and right wing extremists to deflect focus on the actual problem.

Edited by Bobby Brown

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

While on the surface I'm inclined to agree because it's less likely an armed assailant will attack a well armed institution, the fact is that most who carry don't have the training and, more importantly, the experience to defend others. 

When the stress level is increased most people who are accurate at the range don't have the skills to stay calm in a hostile environment. Imagine the outcry the first time a stray bullet from a teacher's gun hits a child. 

30 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Like the school security guard in Florida who ran away when he heard gunshots? Like that guy? C'mon Rajn, you're all over the place 

Don't be obtuse with me. You know I'm right.

39 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Don't be obtuse with me. You know I'm right.

C'mon, you want Mall Cops protecting your kids? If just one trained person was carrying that day, it's over. Many lives would of been saved. You don't need to hire full time Cops at every school, whose flipping that bill? The libs want less police, not more. There's not enough to protect anyone. 

21 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

C'mon, you want Mall Cops protecting your kids? If just one trained person was carrying that day, it's over. Many lives would of been saved. You don't need to hire full time Cops at every school, whose flipping that bill? The libs want less police, not more. There's not enough to protect anyone. 

You are flat out insane and actually cannot rationally see the major problem in arming teachers. It's incredible!

The resource officers we have at our schools are trained officers of the law.  No different than any other officers, with the same authority other than they have to train and be certified for working around children as well.

I want that.  I want that for every school in every state and every city and I will gladly pay for and trust that "mall cop" over your completely ignorant idea any day of the week.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

The resource officers we have at our schools are trained officers of the law.  No different than any other officers, with the same authority other than they have to train and be certified for working around children as well.

I want that.  I want that for every school in every state and every city and I will gladly pay for and trust that "mall cop" over your completely ignorant idea any day of the week.

Completely agreed with this. LC is an absolute joke and it scares me to think that not only does he have guns but that there are other people that think like him. That's why this country is in the position it is. Look at any other country with better and more strict gun laws than the US and you will also see way less violent gun crimes. This country needs to lock it down and now!

46 minutes ago, irish said:

Completely agreed with this. LC is an absolute joke and it scares me to think that not only does he have guns but that there are other people that think like him. That's why this country is in the position it is. Look at any other country with better and more strict gun laws than the US and you will also see way less violent gun crimes. This country needs to lock it down and now!

He doesn't believe what he's saying. He's smarter than you give him credit for, but he also enjoys trolling people and pushing their buttons. I just don't have that much patience for it on this subject. He knows I'm right. That's why he's making ridiculous references like mall cop.

Troll that he is, I'd still trust him with a gun over most people, including around my family. Just not in a classroom. 

Edited by rajncajn

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

He doesn't believe what he's saying. He's smarter than you give him credit for, but he also enjoys trolling people

You are the only one direcrly engaging him for 'thoughts.'   Nothing about anything he says sounds smart to anyone else.

Edited by Bobby Brown

This dope has all the stupid answers now. He has a friend that would solve all the problems. 

It makes perfect sense that people who serve and protect for a living failed their community once an active shooter with an AR was causing them paralysis, one Ramboette school teacher there would have solved it. 

I am glad he finally said it. It is the same ridiculous talking points that simply divert attention from the root cause.

He, and other idiots believe more guns are the solution. If more guns were the solution, we, and our kids would already be the safest country in the world against these mass shootings.

Arming and training teachers is the stupidest f'n idea because, duh, most teachers are libs. Total @sshole statement.

• Like 1

😊 #Triggered 

No, he's equipped with common sense, something left out of your and every other Trump followers' programming. You've said some pretty nonsensical things but leading them all was the idea that you want teachers to be armed. The fact that you can't see all the awful outcomes to that solution means you have no idea what being a teacher is, nor have clearly thought through any of the nightmare scenarios that would likely ensue, which would be way more than an insane gunman shooting up a school. 

Edited by irish

4 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

A woman shot dead a career criminal who was firing into the crowd at a West Virginia graduation party

https://www.rt.com/news/556272-west-virginia-woman-averts-mass-shooting/

Please consider the possibility that If you ban guns, bad guys will still have them but people like this woman would not.

This event was Wednesday. If you didn't hear about it, consider that it doesn't fit the narrative.

Right, so let's give everyone guns, 18+.  Teachers, principals, office staff, preschool teachers, etc. cause that'll fix everything, not make it so much worse. 

:facepalm:

27 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

This event was Wednesday. If you didn't hear about it, consider that it doesn't fit the narrative.

Very few want an all out ban in guns, I'd recommend being more honest on the position you are arguing against and drop the simplistic strawman schtick.  

This is like the 5th or 6th time I've seen this story.  Google it and look at the numerous outlets reporting it.  Of couse this incident isn't getting as much press as a dozen plus kids getting slaughtered at school, for obvious reasons.

Statistics show for every legit self defense event like this, there are 8 or 9 others that go the other way.

Consider factual reality

Edited by Bobby Brown