[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alright, I've had it with guns already!

irish

21 minutes ago, irish said:

Classic move, dredge up old stuff to rescue your complete screw up here. Yup, that's one of my aliases, Chappy.  You got me Rajn, way to deflect and sidetrack from the current topic. I'll leave you, your wounded ego and inability to admit fault alone now. 

Back to the topic...

Lmao, my "ego" is not wounded in the least.

You're the one who jumped all over one of my ancient original usernames and tried to make it like I'm the one who's notorious for stepping all over his own junk time and time again and finally pissing off so many people that he had to create an alias.  Which, BTW  took all of maybe a week, if that for everyone to figure out.

Edited by rajncajn

17 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

I hope all Uvalde parents furious at the police response know they are 'dense' and offending Rajn's sensibilities.

Bobby, you're starting to become the mirror image of LC. Keep posting memes. :lol:

Just now, rajncajn said:

Lmao, my "ego" is not wounded in the least. You're the one who jumped all over my ancient original username and tried to make it like I'm the one who's notorious for stepping all over his own junk time and time again and finally pissing off so many people that he had to create an alias.  Which, BTW  took all of maybe a week, if that for everyone to figure out.

Big John brought it up after I inadvertently said you stepped in it. I never knew about your old alias before tonight.  I just found it ironic when BJ said it. That would make you wrong for the 3rd time tonight. And yes, your ego is extremely wounded here and maybe just like not being able to admit fault here, that's hard to admit as well. Give it a try, it's freeing.

Repeat after me, I Rajn, read a situation incorrectly and made a wrongful accusation about a fellow Huddler being a cop hater when I had no proof. Irish, I apologize for jumping to that conclusion and not being a stand up guy and asking for clarification first. 

My turn- All good Rajn, I know we've had an up and down history over the past decades and that you just jumped at the opportunity when you thought I was bashing all cops. I wasn't, rather just agreeing with BB in regard to the lack of a response by the Ivalde PD, which saddened me greatly. 

We cool?

2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Despite no legal obligation, those cops who won't enter are cowards.

Arm willing, able and capable teachers.

I get it, that's your opinion, but that's not a good solution and imo, will actually increase the amount of negative outcomes versus decrease them. So many negative variables.

54 minutes ago, irish said:

Big John brought it up after I inadvertently said you stepped in it. I never knew about your old alias before tonight.  I just found it ironic when BJ said it. That would make you wrong for the 3rd time tonight. And yes, your ego is extremely wounded here and maybe just like not being able to admit fault here, that's hard to admit as well. Give it a try, it's freeing.

Repeat after me, I Rajn, read a situation incorrectly and made a wrongful accusation about a fellow Huddler being a cop hater when I had no proof. Irish, I apologize for jumping to that conclusion and not being a stand up guy and asking for clarification first. 

My turn- All good Rajn, I know we've had an up and down history over the past decades and that you just jumped at the opportunity when you thought I was bashing all cops. I wasn't, rather just agreeing with BB in regard to the lack of a response by the Ivalde PD, which saddened me greatly. 

We cool?

I don't think you're a cop-hater, genius. I think you're either being willfully ignorant that the meme has underlying, yet fairly obvious,  motives and you're too afraid to admit it because you don't want to look bad or you're incapable of seeing it. I'm not sure which is worse. 

Unlike you,  I have no issue with speaking my mind. Like it or not, agree or disagree,  it doesn't hurt my ego one bit. If you disagree,  make a good argument. Yours isn't convincing me that I'm wrong whatsoever. :lol:

Edited by rajncajn

9 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I don't think you're a cop-hater, genius. I think you're either being willfully ignorant that the meme has underlying motives and you're too afraid to admit it because you don't want to look bad or you're incapable of seeing it. I'm not sure which is worse. 

Unlike you,  I have no issue with speaking my mind. Like it or not, agree or disagree,  it doesn't hurt my ego one bit. If you disagree,  make a good argument. Yours isn't convincing me that I'm wrong whatsoever. :lol:

But you clearly said I was a cop hater, but I'm glad you're walking back off it.  Regardless, it was this simple. I saw the meme BB put up and my "exactly" was intended to express my feelings on how the Uvalde cops literally stood around not engaging, while parents and others, not expected to take action, did. This on top of others suggesting that teachers be armed, which I think is ludicrous. Therefore, the meme suggesting cops handing their weapons over to teachers and my reaction was entirely pointing at the current situation being discussed at great length in this thread. If you took it at something else, that's on you and again, before accusing me for being a cop hater, you should have checking for clarification. Sure, the meme could have underlying alternative, deeper meanings, but none of those were my intent, hell, I didn't even post it. And again, you should've checked.

Also, we all have egos that take hits, big or miniscule, that we have to decide how to navigate through. That's just being human, unless you're not human. 

Edited by irish

54 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

.Arm willing, able and capable teachers.

Lol, yes,  because willing, able and capable security personnel don't exist and teachers do.  :lol:

I'd be willing to bet that I know way more teachers than most of you do,  possibly even including irish who IS a teacher and I guarantee every single one of them will tell you this is a horrible idea. Good luck trying to find "willing, able and capable" teachers and good luck keeping the teachers that work with them. 

2 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

You do understand the word "basically," don't you?

Yes. Basically, you goofed and I'm basically, waiting for an apology. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, irish said:

but I'm glad you're walking back off it.  

:lol: I haven't walked back off anything, but ok. I'll relent. 

Also, we all have egos that take hits, big or miniscule, that we have to decide how to navigate through. That's just being human, unless you're not human.

I probably apologize here more than anyone. I have no issues whatsoever admitting when I'm wrong. Hell, "I'm sorry" is an auto-response on my text app just for my wife. I may get emotional at times with certain subjects,  but my ego doesn't bruise easily at all.

Edited by rajncajn

5 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

:lol: I haven't walked back off anything, but ok. I'll relent. 

I probably apologize here more than anyone. I have no issues whatsoever admitting when I'm wrong. Hell, "I'm sorry" is an auto-response on my text app just for my wife. I may get emotional at times with certain subjects,  but my ego doesn't bruise easily at all.

I accept.  Moving on. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

the meme has underlying, yet fairly obvious, motives

Good Lord.  The obvious point of the meme is that it's ludicrous to arm teachers when trained LEOs botched the response.  Your ongoing sniveling about hidden meanings just makes you sound ridiculous.

Here is a meme with an underlying motive;

6i6cmq.jpg.1c3bcf849877ffea33329b15af3c1c73.jpg

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bobby Brown said:

Goof Lord.  The obvious point of the meme is that it's ludicrous to arm teachers when trained LEOs botched the response.  Your ongoing sniveling just makes you sound ridiculous.

Here is a meme with an underlying motive;

6i6cmq.jpg

Thanks Champ :lol:

I just went through that entire slap and tickle fight to read that Dopie basically wants more guns and arming teachers is in fact the answer.

For some reason, he sounds like he wants more school shootings, not less.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gilthorp said:

I just went through that entire slap and tickle fight to read that Dopie basically wants more guns and arming teachers is in fact the answer.

For some reason, he sounds like he wants more school shootings, not less.

You know, I bet if we got @Bobby Brown, @rajncajn, @irishand @League_Champion in a room together with a nice bottle of Merlot and a scanner, they'd have a blast and come out of it with all the solutions

1 minute ago, Big Country said:

You know, I bet if we got @Bobby Brown, @rajncajn, @irishand @League_Champion in a room together with a nice bottle of Merlot and a scanner, they'd have a blast and come out of it with all the solutions

I don't pretend to have real solutions, just ideas and conversations.

I do love a good Merlot, though...

6 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I don't pretend to have real solutions, just ideas and conversations.

I do love a good Merlot, though...

Yes, but by bottle 2, and after the first round of scans, those ideas and conversations could turn into solutions. And if they don't, @LordOpie can just have his kids 3rd grade teacher Ms. Wilgenbottom challenge you to pistols at dawn to determine what idea we move forward with

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Big Country said:

Irish grew up with alcoholics, thus he doesn't drink alcohol.

40 minutes ago, Big Country said:

The only people who can come up with solutions are the folks that live in a gun culture.

The main issue is that they are too chicken sh!t to step out of the line they are in and continue to deflect from the topic of ease of accessibility.

Yes, mental health is an issue. Yes, the tool being used is not capable of killing on it's own....yes, most people don't understand the difference in weapon, caliber, capacity. 

No, arming teachers is a stupid answer. Pinning it on mental health only is a cop out. 

The only answer is real incremental gun purchasing and ownership laws. You either are for trying something that will delay/stop the next 18 year old from purchasing then conducting a mass killing with an automatic rifle, or you are against it. If you are against it, then pretty much f off.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

The only people who can come up with solutions are the folks that live in a gun culture.

The main issue is that they are too chicken sh!t to step out of the line they are in and continue to deflect from the topic of ease of accessibility.

Yes, mental health is an issue. Yes, the tool being used is not capable of killing on it's own....yes, most people don't understand the difference in weapon, caliber, capacity. 

No, arming teachers is a stupid answer. Pinning it on mental health only is a cop out. 

The only answer is real incremental gun purchasing and ownership laws. You either are for trying something that will delay/stop the next 18 year old from purchasing then conducting a mass killing with an automatic rifle, or you are against it. If you are against it, then pretty much f off.

If only there were several other places in the universe that have had school massacres; and then figured out solutions to mitigate them.  Just imagine if that had happened, because the myriad of effective solutions would be undeniable. 

Unfortunately we are just going to have to arm teachers, keep lowering the legal age to purchase, create more waiting period loopholes, and eliminate background checks until every good guy in the US is armed to the hilt.  Only then will it get better. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Big Country said:

Only if Atomic CEO attends!