[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alright, I've had it with guns already!

irish

Can't blame what's going on in the entire country on big city mayors, just like you can't blame everything on Republicans. It's true they aren't doing enough to get anything done in the big cities,  but neither are our national politicians. They all need to do more. Both sides refuse to budge and both sides know that nothing will happen until they can find common ground. They are all responsible. 

Edited by rajncajn

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Cities

Let's take a more wholistic and big picture honest view of the situation...shall we?

The following ten states have the highest gun deaths per capita (per 100,000): Alaska (24.4), Mississippi (24.2), Wyoming (22.3), New Mexico (22.3), Alabama (22.2), Louisiana (22.1), Missouri (20.6), South Carolina (19.9), Arkansas (19.3), and Montana (19.3). The states with the highest gun deaths per capita have some of the country's highest gun ownership rates. Montana has the highest with 66.3%, followed by Wyoming with 66.2%, and Alaska with 64.5%.

Conversely, the states with the lowest gun deaths per capita are Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Hawaii, and Rhode Island, all of which have fewer than five gun deaths per 100,000 people. These states also have the lowest gun ownership in the United States. Massachusetts and New Jersey have the lowest gun ownership rate of 14.7%, followed by Rhode Island with 14.8%, Hawaii with 14.9%, and New York with 19.9%. These five states are the only state to have gun ownership rates below 20%.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/gun-deaths-per-capita-by-state

Guns don't have anything to do with gun violence

Gun deaths only happen in cities with democratic mayors

People who legally own guns don't commit crimes. 

Factual data says your parroted talking points are BS.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

:rolleyes:

You flew off the handle and got all chivesy when I criticized the Uvalde police response.  Own it like a big boy and don't play victim.  

There's nothing to own. My feelings didn't change. When you post garbage, I'll say something just like you would with me. You don't have to agree with me and I don't expect you to. 

On 6/4/2022 at 2:00 PM, rajncajn said:

There's nothing to own. My feelings didn't change. When you post garbage, I'll say something just like you would with me. You don't have to agree with me and I don't expect you to. 

Well, that shouldn't be the case. You lost your mind at me and got absolutely owned on the point and were completely off base accusing me off basically being a cop hater, after not even asking me to clarify.  Having an opinion is perfectly fine. However, have the common decency not to assume that someone is a cop hater and ask a simple question to confirm whether your opinion is proven correct or not. Scientific method.  If your feelings haven't changed on that, than you're definitely someone who can't admit to fault and are too proud, period. 

Edited by irish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Let's take a more wholistic and big picture honest view of the situation...shall we?

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/gun-deaths-per-capita-by-state

Guns don't have anything to do with gun violence

Gun deaths only happen in cities with democratic mayors

People who legally own guns don't commit crimes. 

Factual data says your parroted talking points are BS.  

See Bobby, you can't present facts to Trumpies, their heads are too far up his ass to see reality. 

-Mental health is a problem in this country. 

-The ease of getting guns in this country is a problem. 

- Jackasses who have guns and inappropriately use them is a huge problem. 

20 minutes ago, irish said:

See Bobby, you can't present facts to Trumpies

Well, not just that.  I was talking about federal representatives, federal senators, and federal law.  It's clear as day that no kind of federal gun legislation will pass with the current congressional structure.

Then LC comes in and starts shreiking about Dem city mayors that don't even have legislative power on the local levels.

Trump do-boys like LC don't only have a low info problem.  They have a stay on topic intellectual honesty problem. 

Edited by Bobby Brown

17 minutes ago, irish said:

Well, that shouldn't be the case. You lost your mind at me and got absolutely owned on the point and were completely off base accusing me off basically being a cop hater, after not even asking me to clarify.  Having an opinion is perfectly fine. However, have the common decency not to assume that someone is a chip hater and ask a simple question to confirm whether your opinion is proven correct or not. Scientific method.  If your feelings haven't changed on that, than you're definitely someone who can't admit to fault and are too proud, period. 

I got owned? :lol:

I didn't accuse you of being a cop hater, in fact I actually said that. I simply think you're either willfully ignorant or incapable of seeing it from a cops perspective. Or do you even give a crap what a cop would think? I know a few of those too, actually work with one. I bet they don't think it's as funny or accurate as you do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobby Brown said:

Well, not just that.  I was talking about federal representatives, federal senators, and federal law.  It's clear as day that no kind of federal gun legislation will pass with the current congressional structure.

Can't argue much with this. I think part of the problem is each side fights to extremes and refuse to find a middle ground. Worse than that, I'm certain they know exactly what they are doing and intentionally serve as roadblocks. Neither side has any give and so nothing gets done .

10 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I got owned? :lol:

I didn't accuse you of being a cop hater, in fact I actually said that. I simply think you're either willfully ignorant or incapable of seeing it from a cops perspective. Or do you even give a crap what a cop would think? I know a few of those too, actually work with one. I bet they don't think it's as funny or accurate as you do.

Yes, you did. Bobby posted a meme regarding the Uvalde police. I knew it, he knew, anyone with half a brain knew it (because that was the topic of the thread). You jumped to a conclusion and assumed I agreed with the meme and that it was a generalizing for all cops (which you didn't clarify with me first), which was wrong. I pointed that out and you looked foolish. So yes, you got owned and are still trying to wiggle around it. Just own it and move on. 

Edited by irish
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Neither side has any give and so nothing gets done .

Trump was pushing gun legislation and even got the NRA to agree to some of it.  Then other gun lobbyist associations started pumping money into threating to end political careers for Republicans who got on board with it.  The lobby effort worked.  it all fell apart and nothing happened. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

You certainly made yourself look ridiculous projecting and over-reacting like a textbook Karen.  At a minimum.  

1 hour ago, irish said:

Yes, you did. Bobby posted a meme regarding the Uvalde police. I knew it, he knew, anyone with half a brain knew it (because that was the topic of the thread). You jumped to a conclusion and assumed I agreed with the meme and that it was a generalizing for all cops (which you didn't clarify with me first), which was wrong. I pointed that out and you looked foolish. So yes, you got owned and are still trying to wiggle around it. Just own it and move on. 

:lol:Y'all sound like a couple of teenage mean girls.

#Karen 

#Pwned

#lolz 

#okboomer 

Irish, maybe you should give your girlfriend that advice. I moved on, Champ is the one who doesn't seem to be able to let it go. Now you girls go ahead and get your next shots in. I'll be waiting until you decide to start posting anything actually relevant to the original discussion again.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

Trump was pushing gun legislation and even got the NRA to agree to some of it.  Then other gun lobbyist associations started pumping money into threating to end political careers for Republicans who got on board with it.  The lobby effort worked.  it all fell apart and nothing happened. 

Yep and it will continue to happen unless they find some sort of way to work together... which they won't. So the best thing you can do is vote for someone who will. Good luck, we all need it. 

"Working together" requires a number of  Republicans with enough moral courage to step up to extreme gun lobbysits.  If things as universally supported as background checks, age restrictions, and show loop holes are non starters, there isn't any work to be done.

23 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

:lol:Y'all sound like a couple of teenage mean girls.

#Karen 

#Pwned

#lolz 

#okboomer 

Irish, maybe you should give your girlfriend that advice. I moved on, Champ is the one who doesn't seem to be able to let it go. Now you girls go ahead and get your next shots in. I'll be waiting until you decide to start posting anything actually relevant to the original discussion again.

Of course you moved on, you're a pu$$y, who's ego got destroyed and has the smallest little d1ck who can't own his own stupidity. You were dead wrong and just aren't a big enough 5 year old girl to admit it. My daughter has more character than you. Take your old board name back twizat.  Maybe gil was right ripping you a new vagina.

• Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

"Working together" requires a number of  Republicans with enough moral courage to step up to extreme gun lobbysits.  If things as universally supported as background checks, age restrictions, and show loop holes are non starters, there isn't any work to be done.

And "working together" also requires BOTH sides to refrain from tacking on a glut of pork along with said bill as well as add in things the other side wants that are actually relevant to the issue. I don't think either side is capable. We can always hope, but that's gotten us nowhere. 

Edited by rajncajn

On 6/4/2022 at 4:01 PM, irish said:

Of course you moved on, you're a pu$$y, who's ego got destroyed and has the smallest little d1ck who can't own his own stupidity. You were dead wrong and just aren't a big enough 5 year old girl to admit it. My daughter has more character than you. Take your old board name back twizat.  Maybe gil was right ripping you a new vagina.

Last time I post on this subject...

Gil is a good dude, despite the things he said. He's obviously upset and frustrated about this situation as we all are and for whatever reason he's taking that out on me. That's fine. I can take it and I won't hold it against him just like I won't hold this tirade against you or Bobby's trolling me against him, even though I've tried multiple times to get the discussion back on track and move on like you said.

I've also told you multiple times that I don't think you hate cops. I'm not going to apologize or feel guilty for speaking up for something I believe in whether you see it the same way as I do or not. Not now, not ever. I personally think memes in a thread like this are childish,  lazy and insulting. Furthermore,  the meme Bobby posted has nothing to do with Uvalde. It's not indicative of what happened there and has been around well before Uvalde. Bobby posted it as an insult to LC about wanting to put guns in teachers hands,  but it's just as much an insult to cops who do risk their lives every day to keep us safe. The way the Uvalde police reacted was abhorrent,  but that's no reason to post that. You want to post a cop hiding behind a parent,  whatever. It's still childish and really does nothing but perpetuate hate against cops. If you want to call me whatever for speaking my mind, you go right ahead if that's what makes you feel better. I'll just chalk it up to you not being capable or willing to see things from my perspective. Call that pride or ego if you like, I'll call it conviction. But I sure as (the really bad word) am not going to feel guilty for that.

Now,  if either of you want to continue with the original discussion, I'm game. If you decide that you're incapable or unwilling to move on then I'll just ignore you from here on out. I've said my piece. Take it or leave it. 

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, irish said:

“Ignore guns, talk inflation,” one such memo, written for a top-tier GOP Senate candidate, succinctly reads, citing polling data of voter concerns ahead of the critical 2022 midterm elections. Other documents predictably decried liberal desires for “gun-grabbing” and “gun confiscation,” and made whataboutism-type references to gun violence in Chicago.

Capture.PNG

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Exactly how far down the retard road are you going to keep taking this?

I've actually come to realize, since you mentioned the word "retard" (ouch for a guy in my field), that Rajn may actually be like one of my students and need an IEP or specialized plan for getting through life/social situations. Back in the day, they referred to kids/people like this as socially retarded.  Seeing some of the responses and interactions, it certainly made me wonder and alter my view of what really may be happening here.  He just may need an IEP with some behavior modifications or in this case an ISP (Individualized Socialization Plan). 

57 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

FB_IMG_1654445355073.jpg

Oh boy, Rajn is not gonna find this funny, you just said that every father, who's a cop, in every country, is a bad parent!

But don't worry, after we call him on it, he'll say that that's his opinion, even if that's not what we said, and he's ignorantly entitled to it. Oh and once again you're not contributing anything meaningful to this discussion by just posting memes.

Edited by irish
  • Confused 1

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article262174927.html

“This is a senseless act and we will not tolerate it,” Baxley said.

But hey, we'll keep tolerating it. 

Edited by irish