[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This guy right here...

rajncajn

It's been a while since we've had a pet peeve thread.

I'm the dark blue car with my turn signal on wanting to get in the turn lane so that I can catch the arrow when it turns green. This inconsiderate a-hole in the maroon car in front of me, if that's you, you are dead to me. Your driving sucks worse than my MS Paint skillz and you don't deserve a license. You should have a big sign on your car like one of those student drivers, except yours would say "manurety driver."

Disclaimer: I don't hate you, but pull the f up so I can turn or gtf out of my way!!!

Turn.gif.04fbba6a7c3fb14655c7d6bf277797f2.gif

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Since I now work from home a large part of my driving aggravation is gone. But I find that now when I do go out and need to get somewhere I have even less tolerance for the stupidity of the average driver. If they are not tailgating they are leaving 3 spaces between them and the next car. Or the light turns green, and they're making a left with a long line of cars behind them.....and they just sit there, until they get a chance to go.  PULL UP so that maybe more than one car can make a turn before its red! (Not enough lefts with green arrow around here where I need them.) 

Yesterday coming home on my motorcycle, I'm making a right onto my street, slowing down and looking in my mirror as the car behind me seems oblivious bearing down on me at the same speed. 

I deal with a few left turns like Rajn showed, and I generally go around all the traffic so long as there is room, sometimes even into oncoming traffic for a bit. Otherwise you end up missing the light. I deal with one near my house, it precedes a large retail complex, 2 lanes each way, and the left lane is full of people waiting to enter the plaza, which means I need to wait a long time to get to the usually empty left turn lane. 

• 2 weeks later...

Beeping your horn at people or flashing your lights can go badly. I saw a car exiting a parking lot once with no lights, I was across the street facing them in my car, and flashed my lights several times. Then they entered the street and pulled into the lot I was leaving, as I flashed them once more they starts yelling at me out of the window acting irrational. I told him its dangerous to drive without lights, you could cause somebody else to crash. Didn't seem to care, cursed some more and called me names. Sometimes I wish I just had a flaming bag of dog manure to fling at these fools. Same ones who don't signal, tailgate, drive slow, and generally think they are the only ones on the road that matter. 

I've had people nearly run me off the road when riding my motorcycle, sometimes its hard to tell if they're just oblivious or actually malicious. 

2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Beeping your horn at people or flashing your lights can go badly. I saw a car exiting a parking lot once with no lights, I was across the street facing them in my car, and flashed my lights several times. Then they entered the street and pulled into the lot I was leaving, as I flashed them once more they starts yelling at me out of the window acting irrational. I told him its dangerous to drive without lights, you could cause somebody else to crash. Didn't seem to care, cursed some more and called me names. Sometimes I wish I just had a flaming bag of dog manure to fling at these fools. Same ones who don't signal, tailgate, drive slow, and generally think they are the only ones on the road that matter. 

I've had people nearly run me off the road when riding my motorcycle, sometimes its hard to tell if they're just oblivious or actually malicious. 

It sounds like your real life mirrors your Huddle life interactions very similarly. ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gilthorp said:

It sounds like your real life mirrors your Huddle life interactions very similarly. ;)

No the chalupas on the road are a real danger (especially when on 2 wheels) the ones here are just annoying. 

Standing, staring for 5 minutes at the moron in the Walmart aisle taking his sweet-ass time just staring blankly at the shelf. He's taking up the entire aisle blocking the lady behind him and blocking me from getting to the one item I need. Screw it, I'm going a couple aisles over to get my shave buttah while this knuckle-dragger attempts to read all the labels.

Two aisles over, 4 people crowd the aisle preventing me from getting to the one thing I need on that aisle. I wait a couple of minutes, but no path clears. Ok, Encino man's gotta be gone by now. Two aisles back, NOPE, still there reading labels. :doh:

God I hate Walmart...

On 7/11/2022 at 1:06 PM, rajncajn said:

It's been a while since we've had a pet peeve thread.

I'm the dark blue car with my turn signal on wanting to get in the turn lane so that I can catch the arrow when it turns green. This inconsiderate a-hole in the maroon car in front of me, if that's you, you are dead to me. Your driving sucks worse than my MS Paint skillz and you don't deserve a license. You should have a big sign on your car like one of those student drivers, except yours would say "manurety driver."

Disclaimer: I don't hate you, but pull the f up so I can turn or gtf out of my way!!!

Turn.gif.04fbba6a7c3fb14655c7d6bf277797f2.gif

I appreciate that you toook the time to make a picture to vent about the ahole.  In my Raptor I'd just go over any raised median unless it was impossibe.  In your case, I wouldn't have though twice about going around on the right and driving through the hole.  

1 minute ago, 1fastdoc said:

I appreciate that you toook the time to make a picture to vent about the ahole.  In my Raptor I'd just go over any raised median unless it was impossibe.  In your case, I wouldn't have though twice about going around on the right and driving through the hole.  

Yeah,  my F-150 can jump a curb with ease, but I just spent over $2k on rebuilding my suspension and brakes and also recently put new tires on as well. The hole was too tight for me to fit thru. ;)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Standing, staring for 5 minutes at the moron in the Walmart aisle taking his sweet-ass time just staring blankly at the shelf. He's taking up the entire aisle blocking the lady behind him and blocking me from getting to the one item I need. Screw it, I'm going a couple aisles over to get my shave buttah while this knuckle-dragger attempts to read all the labels.

Two aisles over, 4 people crowd the aisle preventing me from getting to the one thing I need on that aisle. I wait a couple of minutes, but no path clears. Ok, Encino man's gotta be gone by now. Two aisles back, NOPE, still there reading labels. :doh:

God I hate Walmart...

I'm not a fan of Wal-Mart but this happens all over, I see it regularly at my grocery store. They leave their cart on one side of the aisle, than stand next to it blocking the rest of the aisle while staring at products, or reading ingredients (or talking on their phone, etc) . I try to leave my cart somewhere out of the way as I look at shelves (have to stand at the right distance to read stuff). Also try to be aware of other customers shopping and say "go ahead you can move that". Basically don't block the entire aisle while you're taking time browsing.

Sometimes I wait, or go to another aisle. Other times I get tired of that and just say "excuse me, mind if I grab something from here."  If I see the "ingredient reader" a second  time I just don't bother waiting. 

Just another symptom of people oblivious to others around them. Like the ones who stop right in the doorway to chat with their friends.

17 hours ago, loaf said:

Don't visit AZ. Worse drivers I've never seen.

Almost anywhere with lots of old people will be like that. Nowhere to go with a schedule, rarely in a hurry so they drive 5-10MPH under the speed limit, stop 10 feet before the light (as it changes to yellow). 

One thing I notice, maybe it's because I like to drive fast, especially on a motorcycle the power to weight ratio makes it easy to dart away from a stop. When the light changes and people take off most get up to 20-25MPH pretty quick, but from there to the actual limit (up to 45 on some roads) takes forever. When you take that and amplify it by a long line of cars it get really bad. I never commuted much by highway in rush hour traffic, but that was part of what makes it really bad. People speed up, slam on their brakes and the chain reaction effect happens. And every road junction means people getting on/off and trying to merge (and move 2-3 lanes or more in a short distance). I always thought if everybody had a car with manual transmission they might drive differently, because that constant coming to a stop and taking off again gets old when you have to use a clutch. 

2 minutes ago, loaf said:

it's not the old drivers that are the big menaces, it's folks driving fast. Multiple lane changing at once, 85 is too slow, no blinkers, tailgating

Ahh I see, the speed demons wasn't aware of that. Lack of using blinkers is rampant these days, I feel its pretty bad in Ohio as well.

I know that people drive a lot different in the Los Angeles area than they do here in NE Ohio. Last time I vacationed there and spent the week driving a rental car I had to remind myself I was back in Ohio as I left the airport, luckily it was late at night and roads were empty so I didn't have to drive so aggressively. 

3 hours ago, loaf said:

it's not the old drivers that are the big menaces, it's folks driving fast. Multiple lane changing at once, 85 is too slow, no blinkers, tailgating

Funny, that's not a problem in European countries where "left lane is for passing" is ingrained.  It only becomes an issue when the holier than though and entitled camp in the left lane doing 78 in a 70.  Western WA state was horrible, people would merge on and immediately just go to the far left.  The right lane was always faster but you had to slow down for the people merging in and out.  It became comical.  The state clamped down and started pulling people over and citing them for failure to yield.  The accident rate on I-5 and the surrounding highways dropped very noticeably.  

TN is a little unusual in that outside of the cities on I40 and I65 people tend to keep right.  Traffic flows with few hiccups.  On the I24 corridor for some reason everybody just drives in the left lane. And the accidents are frequent.  

Some people walk faster than others, some people ride bicycles faster than others. Common courtesy prevents us from colliding with each other.  But give someone a set of keys and suddenly the attitude changes.  If you're doing 10 over in the left lane, F that guy behind you who wants to go faster. Right?

• Like 1

I hate when my wife tries to have full conversations with me from the other room. Its as if she wants me to yell an entire conversation back and forth. Enrages me 

19 minutes ago, whomper said:

I hate when my wife tries to have full conversations with me from the other room. Its as if she wants me to yell an entire conversation back and forth. Enrages me 

Or as you're leaving the room...

3 hours ago, whomper said:

Always starts right when you sit down too…:rant:

On 7/25/2022 at 12:03 PM, 1fastdoc said:

Funny, that's not a problem in European countries where "left lane is for passing" is ingrained.  It only becomes an issue when the holier than though and entitled camp in the left lane doing 78 in a 70.  Western WA state was horrible, people would merge on and immediately just go to the far left.  The right lane was always faster but you had to slow down for the people merging in and out.  It became comical.  The state clamped down and started pulling people over and citing them for failure to yield.  The accident rate on I-5 and the surrounding highways dropped very noticeably.  

TN is a little unusual in that outside of the cities on I40 and I65 people tend to keep right.  Traffic flows with few hiccups.  On the I24 corridor for some reason everybody just drives in the left lane. And the accidents are frequent.  

Some people walk faster than others, some people ride bicycles faster than others. Common courtesy prevents us from colliding with each other.  But give someone a set of keys and suddenly the attitude changes.  If you're doing 10 over in the left lane, F that guy behind you who wants to go faster. Right?

I always try to be aware of other traffic on the road, including behind me. If somebody is closing on my and I can move over, I do. But I won't slam on my brakes just to get into a small hole if I'm already doing my normal approx 8-10 over the limit. But far too many drives just don't pay attention or care. They'll camp in that lane, and then when you go by give you a dirty look. 

Ohio turnpike was much worse when only 2 lanes and trucks had a different speed limit. Not its mostly 3 lanes and pretty sure trucks have the same 70MPH limit. Of course construction zones are hilarious, even if the speed drops to 55 most people don't drop much below 70.