[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TE's for guys looking for TE's

purplemonster

Ok, just some random thoughts here, feel free to add whatever you like. Wondering if there is any insight on various WW quality TE's out there for those of us who missed out on Goedert by a few spots in the draft (not that I am mentioning anyone in particular)

1. Daniel Bellinger, NYG: super high snap count recently 94%, great blocker, didn't catch many passes in college so flew under the radar but surprisingly good hands and fairly good runner as well. Rookie 4th round choice from San Jose St. 

2. Dalton Schultz: totally uninspiring year with Cooper Rush and being injured, has PCL injury. Should be back soon along with Dak. Is he going to be good again in this offense?

3. Freiermuth: available on some wires, seems like a fairly safe floor. But QB play is a concern

4. Hunter Henry: people know enough about him. Mac Jones may be back soon, which could help. 

Edited by purplemonster

• purplemonster changed the title to TE's for guys looking for TE's

All of them are dart throws. You have players like Juwan Johnson and Donald Parham who can be a lightening in a bottle. Players like Noah Fant and Greg Dulcich have upside. If Schultz is out, the rookie Ferguson can also be considered.

Missing from the discussion is Cade Otton. He's a good spot start this weekend as well as a decent stash for the second half of the season depending on what happens with Brate and the WR corps. But the Bucs WRs never seem to be at full strength. It's like they signed Julio Jones just to fulfill some sort of injury quota. Regardless, in Otton's one start with Brate out, he was solid in PPR leagues. Small sample size, but TE outside of the top few is erratic at best. 

11 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Not really a league winner for anyone. It wasn't great, 1 TD. It was OK.

#5 in te scoring in my leagues, 6 rec 102 yard in championship week, and only 5 weeks below 10 points. 7 weeks above 15 points,   I think that makes him consistent factor.

Esp, when the guy your loving has 1 week above 15 points and 3 weeks below 10 so far this season

Edited by millworkguy
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 4:44 PM, Shorttynaz said:

Daniel Bellinger - my gut says this guy will be a late season stud.  

To the OP, I have 2 of the 4 and had Henry as well.  He has the skills but has never had the right setting.  He's elite quality but he'll never get there.  I just added Bellinger, he may turn into someone that wins leagues.  But I'll add that I always look at analytics with TE and try to overthink it.  So far I haven't had much success.  My current is Pitts with Schultz as my backup.  I thought Pitts would end my mental anguish when I drafted him with my first round first pick.  As long as Mariota is under center, it's unlikely he'll be a steady ROI and the glass QB needs extra protection.

I think TE is one of the positions that can drive you mad if you let it.  Throw one in, hope for 10 points and be happy.  Kind of like kickers.  

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 8:11 PM, Sunday Couch Potatoe said:

Someone dropped Shultz so I swooped him up hoping Dak’s return makes him relevant again. 5 rec for 49 yards today is a good start seeing as there is little TEs worth a manure this year besides the few at the top

No lie, there just aren't many great options, and some decent ones may be on waivers. Top TEs in our league, Dulcich is a FA, I drafted Kmet to be my main guy, Hooper as backup. I lucked into Ertz when he was cut, and he's my only TE now with a late bye. I may ad Dulcich this week. 

image.thumb.png.d76b0ffddb8631d3889c249f68ae856e.png

On 10/23/2022 at 8:24 AM, stevegrab said:

Slim pickings in my league, I was considering Bellinger then he was gone. Dulcich and Cotten are intriguing, and Tonyen was recently cut. I'm happy with Ertz now, and don't even have a backup.

I'm rolling with Ertz and Pitts. I'm waiting for the inevitable Ertz injury though and will probably have to dig the dregs out of the waiver wire for a starter while Pitts continues to hold valuable real estate on my bench.

Edited by rajncajn