[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 10 GameDay Chat

League_Champion

10 minutes ago, JoJoTheWebToedBoy said:

Yes he is... What was he thinking, there was nothing to prove there. Kick the field goal you stupid over-paid #@%$$^

9 minutes ago, heehawks said:

This 100%. Not kicking a field goal there at the end was absolutely moronic and frankly inexcusable.

3 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Yeah that didn't feel like the right decision there to go for it on 4th down. Tough decision from there but id try FG. then probably punt. The last thing I'd do is go for it I think because of exactly what happened. 

McCarthy made an emotional decision to go for it there, as he felt they deserved a PI call on the previous play, which they did, and would've given them a fresh set of downs. However, gotta attempt the FG and hopefully, take the points, forcing the Packers to match or score.

1 minute ago, irish said:

McCarthy made an emotional decision to go for it there, as he felt they deserved a PI call on the previous play, which they did, and would've given them a fresh set of downs. However, gotta attempt the FG and hopefully, take the points, forcing the Packers to match or score.

Could be right. Thats a good way to F yourself though and your team, if that was part of it. It was a PI but not egregious. 

15 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

One of the biggest bone head moves that I've ever seen. What the F is he thinking there? Aaron Friggin Rodgers is on the other side of the field, not Derrick Carr. 

It didn't even get you much. A first down gives you the right to 4 more downs. Still have a long FG, still won't likely get a TD, and still have to defend against Rodgers anyway in all likelihood. I am sure the stats guys will say it is close but it felt like a no based on that gameflow

Just now, Montana is da Man said:

I cannot agree with tossing Greenlaw out-of the game.  He didn't drop his helmet and the only went helmet to helmet because Herbert went from upright to down to a knee the split second before contact

Ward changed herbert’s trajectory.  Green law was already in motion not targeting 

terrible call and ejection

41 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Ward changed herbert’s trajectory.  Green law was already in motion not targeting 

terrible call and ejection

Exactly and everybody from the booth to the halftime show to the retired referee they bring in on questionable call seemed to agree with your observation

One thing I haven't heard anyone talk about but there was 10 min left in the 4th quarter, Bills up by 10, they are 4th and 2 on the Vikings' 7. Instead of the chip shot FG Allen throws an interception which is returned to the 34. That doesn't seem like a good plan to me. Yes, the Vikings could conceivably score 2 TD's to beat you, but even easier is getting a TD and FG to tie. And 4th and 2 is not a gimme and it isn't right on the goal line. If you have easy points, I say take them, you never know when you will need them. As it turned out, the Vikings did get two more TD's, with a missed XP. And the Bills got another FG, which would have been the winner had they taken the points. 

Edited by purplemonster

6 hours ago, Big John said:

Who started Christan Watson?

Probably no one, unless desperate or in 32 Homers or the pirate one. 

On 11/13/2022 at 1:24 PM, irish said:

Jefferson in the game, looks OK. FAKER!

That looked fake to me, and then he jogged off with no indication of an injury. Lots of news stories about it, including this one which has some video of what they think he was planning to do.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2022/11/13/23456435/justin-jefferson-fake-injury-celebration-video-vikings-vs-bills

On 11/13/2022 at 1:45 PM, Dcat said:

I didn't even know Duke Johnson was on the Bills.

I didn't even know he was still in the NFL, he's 29 now. I remember him being with the Texans after he left the Browns. He had almost 300 carries in 4 seasons in CLE, only about 75 per year in the 3 since (HOU for 2, then MIA). This was the first game he was active for BUF all season, I recall them saying he was elevated from the practice squad and confirmed he was a DNP so far this year.

On 11/13/2022 at 7:41 PM, purplemonster said:

I think McDaniels will be done, but I think the Colts are better than what they've shown. JT and Matt Ryan finally got healthy today and no Ehlinger

Did Saturday change much with the team, who was calling the offense/defense plays, key starters etc?  Or did he just talk to them, give some motivation and the good players played well and beat a crappy team? 

Yes Josh McDaniels is a bad coach, don't know that this win in his first game means Jeff Saturday is a good or better coach. 

Its one game I may check out this week when watching highlights.