[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coach of the year bet

Dcat

15 minutes ago, irish said:

So, you're making my point for me in that the Giants are a better team, which is why Pederson did a better job in making the playoffs?   Irish 😉 

Seriously man, if Pederson wins, it won't keep me up at night. I think he is the only other guy worthy of the award this year.

But Daboll beat him, and I truly believe he had to overcome more than Pederson did.

If the award goes to anybody but those 2 guys, I won't accept it, even though I have no choice but to. 

my main point was he wasn't being mentioned.  I think I made my point he should have been mentioned right there with Daboll and Peterson. As far as I am concerned all 3 deserve to be mentioned and one of those 3 should win the award. You can say wins aren't the only deciding matter, but I am willing to bet it makes a big difference.

So I have a paypal account that says $20 that O'Connell finishes higher then Daboll in COTY voting and also, Vikes beat the Giants again this weekend for another $20 if you're interested.

5 minutes ago, BillyBalata said:

my main point was he wasn't being mentioned.  I think I made my point he should have been mentioned right there with Daboll and Peterson. As far as I am concerned all 3 deserve to be mentioned and one of those 3 should win the award. You can say wins aren't the only deciding matter, but I am willing to bet it makes a big difference.

So I have a paypal account that says $20 that O'Connell finishes higher then Daboll in COTY voting and also, Vikes beat the Giants again this weekend for another $20 if you're interested.

Is that a parlay bet you're offering me? Give me a minute to think about it.

2 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

Is that a parlay bet you're offering me? Give me a minute to think about it.

$20 for each wager or however you would like to participate. i'm game for a friendly wager on one or the other or both.

33 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

Nice try, but doesn't beating the Jags suggest that the coaching was better? 😏😉😎

Thought it would be fun just "spinning" it differently. 😆 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

Seriously man, if Pederson wins, it won't keep me up at night. I think he is the only other guy worthy of the award this year.

But Daboll beat him, and I truly believe he had to overcome more than Pederson did.

If the award goes to anybody but those 2 guys, I won't accept it, even though I have no choice but to. 

I like it, perfect compromise. I look forward to seeing who wins and moreso enjoying some playoff football coming up!

GL!

6 minutes ago, BillyBalata said:

$20 for each wager or however you would like to participate. i'm game for a friendly wager on one or the other or both.

Ok, I'm eating dinner, but I'll get back to you. But first let me congratulate all 3 of us for making the playoffs.

The Eagles, Vikings and Giants are all in the tournament. Let me ask you...of those 3 teams, which one would you least have expected to reach the playoffs this year?

1 minute ago, Running With Daboll said:

Ok, I'm eating dinner, but I'll get back to you. But first let me congratulate all 3 of us for making the playoffs.

The Eagles, Vikings and Giants are all in the tournament. Let me ask you...of those 3 teams, which one would you least have expected to reach the playoffs this year?

Easy answer, the one with the Coach of the Year!

• Like 1

Just now, Running With Daboll said:

👍

If Daboll loses, I'll be disappointed, but I won't be kicking and screaming about it. Unless of course the award goes to some bizarre choice.

Pete Carroll?  

16 minutes ago, BillyBalata said:

It wouldn't shock me at all if the Giants go to Minnesota and come out with a win. The Vikings are very vulnerable and flimsy at times. The Giants are a very physical football team, they could cause issues for Cousins. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

Vikings and Giants are all in the tournament. Let me ask you...of those 3 teams, which one would you least have expected to reach the playoffs this year?

That's a good question. And I will give you the fact I that I would expect the Giants to be have the least chance. But I'd argue it took better coaching to bring out the talent in my Vikings, lol.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, BillyBalata said:

Ok Bill, as much as it pains me to walk away from a double dog dare, I'm going to have to make this a gentleman's bet.

I'm wimping out because I just lost my ass in fantasy this year, didn't even get my entry fee back.

So even though the money involved here is substantially smaller than what I lost, I just can't justify potentially pissing away more money. 

I think the game will be close, and that it will come down to the last possession potentially. And I think the Giants will find a way to pull it out.

Giants 26

Vikings 24

1 minute ago, Running With Daboll said:

Ok Bill, as much as it pains me to walk away from a double dog dare, I'm going to have to make this a gentleman's bet.

I'm wimping out because I just lost my ass in fantasy this year, didn't even get my entry fee back.

So even though the money involved here is substantially smaller than what I lost, I just can't justify potentially pissing away more money. 

I think the game will be close, and that it will come down to the last possession potentially. And I think the Giants will find a way to pull it out.

Giants 26

Vikings 24

no worries. good luck this weekend. I hope Daboll continues to bring out the best in Danny Dimes as he is my #1 qb in my dynasty league and with him and Mac Jones, my biggest weakness in my roster.

• Thanks 1

Giants have only beaten two teams with a winning record (and two playoff teams) all season long, the Ravens and Jaguars back in October. And the Jaguars were the only team with a winning record they beat on the road. They're also not exactly the hottest team in football. They finished the season on a 2-5-1 slide. And overall, they went just 3-6-1 since they got off to that blazing, 6-1 start.

I still expect them to give the Vikings a lot of trouble.