[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coach of the year bet

Dcat

1 minute ago, BillyBalata said:

Losing our starting right tackle and probably on our 3rd string center will be an issue. I see more of Cook this weekend.

We should be getting some people back on defense, namely AJAX, who is an immediate upgrade, and also McKinney will be back as well.

This bodes well for us because it should at least prevent a Vikings blowout. Containing Cook should be priority 1b, right behind stopping Jefferson. 

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Giants have only beaten two teams with a winning record (and two playoff teams) all season long, the Ravens and Jaguars back in October. And the Jaguars were the only team with a winning record they beat on the road. They're also not exactly the hottest team in football. They finished the season on a 2-5-1 slide. And overall, they went just 3-6-1 since they got off to that blazing, 6-1 start.

I still expect them to give the Vikings a lot of trouble. 

Getting some guys back on D for this game, it should make a difference. 

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Daboll has done a remarkable job, kudos to him but you have to win more than 1 divisional game to be in that conversation. That's just my 2 cents. 

2 hours ago, Running With Daboll said:

Lol...just to be clear, are you suggesting that because the Giants had a poor division record, Daboll shouldn't get the award?

I just want to be certain that is your assessment, because the first 25 times you said it didn't convince me.

Your position has been stated many times over, but it hasn't been substantiated. 

You guys are literally two peas in a pod. Both think their view is FACT and cannot be disputed. Nothing but over the top hyperbole to be heard above all others. Maybe that plays well in other places. But as you see it don't go too well here. 

1 hour ago, Running With Daboll said:

There are no "stupid comments" here, just opinions mostly. You are entitled to yours, just as the rest of us are entitled to ours.

You don't have to agree with them, but that doesn't make them stupid.

Actually posts that say "there is no discussion, its Daboll hands down" are pretty stupid, because it completely dismisses every other option. And tries to tell people their opinions don't matter. 

We get it, you love your coach and what he's done, good deal. But tone it down a notch. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BillyBalata said:

no worries. good luck this weekend. I hope Daboll continues to bring out the best in Danny Dimes as he is my #1 qb in my dynasty league and with him and Mac Jones, my biggest weakness in my roster.

Good luck all around. If there is one team it wouldn't kill me to lose to in the playoffs,  it would be the Vikings. 

I have a soft spot for them, dating back to the Tarkenton days. I loved Tark when he was a Giant, and I still rooted for him when he went back to Minnesota. 

And then there was the Joe Kapp, Carl Eller, Dave Osborne etc.etc.etc Vikings that I grew up with. Those were some great teams they had, and it always bothered me that they never won a championship. 

Anyway, it should be a tense game to watch, which is all we can ask for. 

Just now, League_Champion said:

I don't think the Vikings wanted to see NY again. They had the Vikes on the ropes in Minnesota once already. 

I don't want to insult Vikings fans, but the truth is that the Vikings can be beaten by anyone currently in the playoffs. 

That doesn't mean the Giants will take them out, but honestly I couldn't ask for a better 1st round opponent. 

15 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

I don't want to insult Vikings fans, but the truth is that the Vikings can be beaten by anyone currently in the playoffs. 

That doesn't mean the Giants will take them out, but honestly I couldn't ask for a better 1st round opponent. 

Is Daniel Jones gonna play?  "Another" fantasy site has projections for Davis Webb this week, not Jones.  Odd?

7 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

To be fair pretty much every team has had us on the ropes. They just won about 11 nail biters. 

The Vikings have had one of the most strangely successful seasons I've ever seen. They are not to be feared, yet paradoxically need to be feared simultaneously. 

They can be beaten by just about any team, yet can beat just about any team.

A great game awaits us both.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chief Dick said:

Andy Reid should win it, in my opinion.

He was undefeated in division play.  And you know what they say.  

"When you sweep the division, coach of year is a given."

Should be a unanimous vote.  

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Thanks 1

A lot of deserving candidates for sure. But imo Peterson should win it . Took a team that had the #1 draft pick 2 years in a row to the playoffs. Even this season after losing 5 in a row and sitting at 3-7 looked like the same old Jags finding ways to lose. To keep your team believing says a lot about a coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaxfactor904 said:

A lot of deserving candidates for sure. But imo Peterson should win it . Took a team that had the #1 draft pick 2 years in a row to the playoffs. Even this season after losing 5 in a row and sitting at 3-7 looked like the same old Jags finding ways to lose. To keep your team believing says a lot about a coach.

Disagree.

Daboll equaled or exceeded everything that Pederson did, played in much harder division, beat Pederson head to head, and to top it off, is a first time head coach. 

Pederson is a Super Bowl winning coach who has been there before. This is Daboll's first rodeo, in an extremely difficult market, under extremely difficult circumstances, including one of the worst cap situations in the league. 

He should receive the reward.

Edited by Running With Daboll
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jaxfactor904 said:

A home playoff game 

Everybody should keep tossing out their choice, even if they are not deserving. Just so we can hear Daboll tell us how he is the only deserving candidate. Then a few posts later he'll tell us "I'd be OK if that other guy won it." 

No I'm not a homer, but don't dare say my guy isn't the best. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, BillyBalata said:

Some people need a reminder....1st year coach. 13 WINS.  Tell me how that beats your feel good 8 wins we made the playoffs. 13 wins.  Your feel good coaches will never see 13 wins.

If wins was the only criteria for COTY, then your boy gets the award.

Fortunately, those in charge of these decisions take everything into account, not just W's, and they will make their selection accordingly. 

For the record, the Vikings improved on last year's win total by 5 games, the same amount the Giants improved by, and Jacksonville improved by 6 wins.

There's obviously more than that statistic that ultimately decides the winner, but I mentioned it for some perspective. 

***Please define "feel good coach".

ALSO, FOR THE RECORD...

I'm not saying other guys aren't deserving of the award, I'm just saying that Daboll is the MOST DESERVING.

Edited by Running With Daboll