[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rate My Team Posts

irish

Other than needing obvious reassurance, why do people constantly bother asking for others, who are similarly as clueless going into the season, to rate their team?  How the hell does anyone really know how anyone did in a draft?  What is the expected response? - I've just visited the future and you drafted the perfect team and will win the title.  It's all just guessing. I have to imagine most people posting these threads are young folks and/or do so just to strike up conversation and don't expect true valuable feedback. 

• Confused 2

49 minutes ago, irish said:

Other than needing obvious reassurance, why do people constantly bother asking for others, who are similarly as clueless going into the season, to rate their team?  How the hell does anyone really know how anyone did in a draft?  What is the expected response? - I've just visited the future and you drafted the perfect team and will win the title.  It's all just guessing. I have to imagine most people posting these threads are young folks and/or do so just to strike up conversation and don't expect true valuable feedback. 

Yep, never undestood the point and who has the magic ball to answer. Didn't somebody here use to reply in many of them with some random number as a rating. I do wonder does constructive feedback help, not for that draft, maybe they've got others or will use it next season.

2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Yep, never undestood the point and who has the magic ball to answer. Didn't somebody here use to reply in many of them with some random number as a rating. I do wonder does constructive feedback help, not for that draft, maybe they've got others or will use it next season.

Blitzkreig, aka Grits and Shins.  He was rude to all newbies.

I think if they are told they are weak in a certain position, they can try to improve in that area.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Yes we were all noobs once, but did we all post "rate our draft" posts? 

Absolutely not! But, if I did, it would be in the advice forum. 🤣

Edited by heehawks

I think some people post for reassurance while others may post because of their ego. Eitherway, I check the forum for interesting dialogue or something to read about versus viewing nothing at all. I truly respect the feedback as well as contributing to a managers thread.

• Like 1

Most of them don’t want you to rate their team. They think they had an awesome draft and just want acknowledgement and a pat on the back for everyone to say how great their draft was. You can tell who they are when you give them a small criticism, they get really defensive 😂

• Like 1

Probably a little bit of everything. Humblebragging for some. But it can be useful at times to see how others feel. you can get over or underconfident about players. Peoples' knowledge is variable, either noobs or not enough time to follow all the inside info. For instance this year I am less prepared than some recent ones as I haven't really researched all that much. What is the outlook for Jahmyr Gibbs for instance? I'd have to look at the specific deets on Detroit's RB situation and philosophy. Lots of guesswork but I don't think it totally lacks value.

• Like 1