[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nick Chubb's leg

DMD

17 hours ago, DMD said:

Not supposed to bend that way. Have to think it took out ligaments and gone for the season.

I think his career may be over. He's 27 now. He's signed thru 2024 but Cleveland has an out after 2023. Even if he recovers, he has passed his prime at 28 and maybe 29 by the time he gets as recovered as is possible. Even if he comes back, Cleveland will need to be drafting another RB soon anyways.

1 hour ago, Big John said:

Doctors think the popliteal artery was ruptured,  almost always resulting with an amputation. 

not much makes me shudder, but that did.

A second surgery on my knee after a failed ACL reconstruction, the doctor is wheeling me into the OR *after* sedation tells me, "oh, we might have to amputate."

Is this similar to Alex Smith's injury? I think there was speculation of possible amputation before his surgery?

17 minutes ago, Big John said:

Hoping this is just speculation and he will recover fully.

Curious where did you read about this popilateral artery issue?  I searched and only match was on Reddit and the pertinent comment must be buried deep in the conversation because I could not see it after including more comments a couple of times). 

Edited by stevegrab

28 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

not much makes me shudder, but that did.

A second surgery on my knee after a failed ACL reconstruction, the doctor is wheeling me into the OR *after* sedation tells me, "oh, we might have to amputate."

Is this similar to Alex Smith's injury? I think there was speculation of possible amputation before his surgery?

Alex Smith had a compound fracture in his lower leg, and I believe the possibility of amputation stemmed from infection.  

Side note... If you haven't seen the ESPN documentary on Smith's recovery from that injury, it's a fascinating watch.  I still remember getting chills watching him come into the game as a backup for WAS in 2020.  That was awesome. 

• Thanks 1