[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Satisfaction level

Dcat

Fantasy Football satisfaction direction  

29 members have voted

1. 1. comparing '21, '22, '23 and the first 3 weeks of '24, would you say

• I've become increasingly satisfied
    • I have about the same level of satisfaction now as then
    • I've become less and less satisfied

20 minutes ago, Dcat said:

For me, one reason for my vote  is the rise of injuries (plus the insufferable covid benchings didn't help).

Between the prevalence of RBBC and rise of injuries, it has become much less fun.  research doesn't seem to matter as much (even if you can acquire guys like mason)

• Like 2

Thumbs up: checklists and so called experts are more useless than usual - put your own thinking cap on

Thumbs up: the convergence of ageist thinking - have to start those hopefuls that don't score points now

Thumbs up: depth matters - bump up for productive vets over swing for the fences nobodies

Thumbs up: passing is down - reverse that trend of hating on RBs, hope the NFL cycle keeps rotating back around

Mid: same group of owners as usual not working the wire

Thumbs down: finger sprain hitting the refresh button on injury updates

Thumbs down: need to increase or add IR spots to rosters, benches getting wastes of space

Thumbs down: TE required leagues, just make them a WR/TE roster spot already

positives outweigh the negatives thus far for me - winning records and top few scoring teams in every league thus far. Holding my breath until the next injury update...

Down to 2 core leagues. Both filled with savvy owners, and friends. I can't imagine, nor want to navigate multiple leagues with the NFL that lets Rashee Rice slide, but suspend Derwin James for making a tackle, flag throwing is so uneven, and injuries decimate fantasy teams before the season is in full swing.

Watching the product. Some of it is really bad football. Great plays, but there's a flag, when we know there can be flags on every single play. 

And...get off my lawn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Playing since '84.  Most of us love numbers, hence add this hobby to handicapping horses and playing cards.  Playing in 3 leagues, one too many.

Can't get enough.

Edited by Ramhock

I've said this before (maybe not here, but I have), but if it weren't for fantasy football I don't think I'd even watch the NFL.  I would maybe go watch MNF/TNF at my local dive bar just 'cuz it's on my way home from work and it's nice to unwind with a couple of cold beers and chat with some folks.  But yeah, being in a gripload of leagues keeps me tuned in.  And yes the satisfaction level has decreased to some degree this year because of the injuries.  Pre-season is now an afterthought and a lot of these guys are not in game shape until October.  And the NFL wants to add yet ANOTHER game to the regular schedule?  It's mind-numbing to see the machine that is the NFL and knowing it's all about the almighty dollar.

22 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I've said this before (maybe not here, but I have), but if it weren't for fantasy football I don't think I'd even watch the NFL.  I would maybe go watch MNF/TNF at my local dive bar just 'cuz it's on my way home from work and it's nice to unwind with a couple of cold beers and chat with some folks.  But yeah, being in a gripload of leagues keeps me tuned in.  And yes the satisfaction level has decreased to some degree this year because of the injuries.  Pre-season is now an afterthought and a lot of these guys are not in game shape until October.  And the NFL wants to add yet ANOTHER game to the regular schedule?  It's mind-numbing to see the machine that is the NFL and knowing it's all about the almighty dollar.

They are insane if they want to add another game. They already have guys doing load management in various ways and skipping preseason so the first few games feel like warmups. 

yeah, I am old school I guess, but I still prefer all games SUN-MON. No fan of Christmas games. Hate international games which seems like a huge overreach by the NFL in their quest for more money, bigger supposed base but add in the extra 18th week and now a meaningless preseason and super-sloppy play to start the year and the NFL seems intent on the classic "kill the golden goose."

Oh yeah, and Double Mondays. Really?

I prefer all games Sun-Mon also; I 100x prefer it for fantasy football. I honestly think that the Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and double Monday games make fantasy football feel like a job instead of a hobby that climaxes once a week. Now, it feels like a slow painful grind.  

• Like 1

The fun factor passed by for me long ago.  I like drafting, but agree that the Thursday games have made in season management more of a grind in redraft leagues.  

I like watching games like a normal non fantasy fan.  I may or may not check fantasy scores throughout Sunday.

The days of tracking real time scores on the minute are long gone, unless it's a must win in high stakes leagues.

Still love the social aspect of it and Sunday vibes in general.

Maby of you have been at it longer than me probably, but I've been at it maybe 10 years? It seems more recently there's been more instability with frequently changing QB's, WR and even TE becoming relevant right away, rookie QB's which are hard to predict and this trickles into every fantasy player on a team. I have to imagine the constant turnover and seeming random unpredictability is a little exhausting. I don't know how much of it is this, or even how much different the turnover is now compared to before but it feels like more. Or maybe it feels like more because I don't want to do all the research. 

I forgot today was game day and I run the league. What's burning me out is insanely priced tickets or streaming services, which are a direct result of guys getting 9 figure contracts while the average American is struggling 

1 hour ago, Big John said:

In a big crisis now, can't continue.

Ummm... what exactly does this mean?  

3 hours ago, irish said:

Ummm... what exactly does this mean?  

Lost all motivation to live. Then on Friday, my sister's dog died, then after i wrote this, i found out my other sister's dog died today.

• Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Big John said:

Lost all motivation to live. Then on Friday, my sister's dog died, then after i wrote this, i found out my other sister's dog died today.

Sorry Big John. Dogs are important family members.  That's why you have to get another one.

Feel free to give me a call.  You should know my number....tried to send you a message here at the huddle and it didn't work.

Edited by Bobby Brown

54 minutes ago, Big John said:

Big John, I know some of what you've gone through and I'm sorry it's been so hard. However, continuing to fight and live on is the only option you should focus on. Feel free to reach out to me. Having others to talk to can be a help.