[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who retires at the end of this year?

Whiskey Pimp

While I have entertained the thought I will probably stay for a couple more years. At least one more anyway just to see how I do in my 2nd year in the FFTOC.

As for others, well, I think Holmes is done. I also think that Favre will give it very serious thought.

Faulk should retire but probably won't. He will stick around until he is cut. Same goes for a few others that should call it quits.

McNair has voiced it so could very well be gone. He has to hurt every freakin' day. Even in the off-season.

Emmitt Smith, Faulk, Holmes, Testeverde, Gannon, Garcia, Rice, Tim Brown, Rod Smith, Darren Woodson

McNair will play atleast one more year. Farve still has two years in him provided he doesn't have many more games like last week.

Emmitt Smith, Faulk, Holmes, Testeverde, Gannon, Garcia, Rice, Tim Brown, Rod Smith, Darren Woodson

McNair will play atleast one more year.  Farve still has two years in him provided he doesn't have many more games like last week.

596263[/snapback]

Agree with all these except Testaverde, Holmes and Rod Smith. Both Vinny and Rod S can still get it done and have the appetite. I think Priest will evaluate where the Chiefs are at and if he's optimistic about them, he'll return. If not, he's done.

No more Flutie Flakes? :D

Umm, let's see. People who have not been mentioned yet.

Jimmy Smith

Kurt Warner (Unless Eli just can't get it together)

Curtis Martin (goes out on top)

Ricky Williams!! (Hey, he's retired every week of this season, so far)

Stephen Davis

Tommy Maddox (It will be the worst QB resignation the Steelers have had since Terry Bradshaw. But then again, Maddox is probably the best QB the Steelers have had since Bradshaw (shudders)

I think McNair and maybe Priest. Why come back and take more of a pounding for a predicted doormat next year.

Stephen Davis and Marshall Faulk probably should, but won't.

If I where Emmitt, I'd go kicking and screaming too. He's actually done well this year and may be able to provide some help next year too. Smith owes no one an explanation of why he's playing, and he's doing it in Arizona where it's not really costing a top FFL RB a job, so just let him be.

I think Priest is almost certainly done after this year. I'd give McNair 50/50 (he really doesn't seem to be enjoying himeself anymore). Rice will play another year. No way Jimmy or Rod Smith are done. Emmitt will be cut again before retiring. Faulk will become a 3rd-down back. Favre will play for two more years after this year.

I think Favre might be ready to do it, even though he could obviously keep playing for a while longer. That whole incident earlier this year where he asked his daughter if she was ready for Daddy to retire, plus all of the family issues he has been dealing with recently, makes me think he will leave the game after this Season in order to spend more time with his loved ones. He's got his ring, and a spot waiting for him in the HOF.

I think Favre might be ready to do it, even though he could obviously keep playing for a while longer.  That whole incident earlier this year where he asked his daughter if she was ready for Daddy to retire, plus all of the family issues he has been dealing with recently, makes me think he will leave the game after this Season in order to spend more time with his loved ones.  He's got his ring, and a spot waiting for him in the HOF.

601193[/snapback]

Did you notice that Brett just got a buzz cut in support of his wives cancer therapy?

Some have mentioned possibly retiring (McNair) while some may be done.  Who do you think will not be around next year?

McNair? Holmes? Faulk? Favre?  Others?

I say none will, but McNair and Faulk should with Holmes and Favre playing 2 more years each.

596234[/snapback]

Well, I got to go with Rice and Emmitt Smith. Both are tarnishing their legacies.

I am shocked so many people say Holmes, when the guy will play till he is 35 at least. With so few hits during his first few years, he really has 28 year old legs. With his new deal, he will want to earn more bank before he hangs em up.

Faulk will keep playing at least one more year and McNair won't be able to hang em up after the off-season.