[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning, this generations Dan Marino

Jackass

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...that brings up an interesting question....

Who is this generation's Boomer Esiason?

I guess I'd go with Mark Brunell.  Their both left handed and never won anything.

657234[/snapback]

Neither has Vick (yet). Of course Boomer was just a tad slower :D

Hmmm...that brings up an interesting question....

Who is this generation's Boomer Esiason?

I guess I'd go with Mark Brunell.  Their both left handed and never won anything.

657234[/snapback]

Boomer at least took Cinci to the Superbowl. Of course, he was 11-25, 144yds, 0td's, 1 int

Dan was seriously pissed.

657248[/snapback]

Can you blame him?? I have never liked Boomer, he comes of to me as a pompous a$$. Dan Marino has more talent in his left nut than Esiason ever had. He acts like he frickin knows everything, but I guess if he did he would have known how to win Cincy a championship, huh.

That was unbeleivable.

marino opened up the discussion all smiles and energy.  And as soon as Boomer made the comment, the life was sucked out of him.

Just had that angry, FU face for the rest of the show. B)

:D

657308[/snapback]

I thought Marino might walk off the set based on his reaction -- he was just speechless almost for the rest of the segment! Clearly, no body has been critical of Marino's career to Marino's face in his entire life prior to that moment!!! :D

Can you blame him??  I have never liked Boomer, he comes of to me as a pompous a$$.  Dan Marino has more talent in his left nut than Esiason ever had.  He acts like he frickin knows everything, but I guess if he did he would have known how to win Cincy a championship, huh.

657266[/snapback]

How can this be the first time he's ever heard this? Once Elway got his, this word has been on Marino.

How long did Mickelson have to listen to "best player never to win a major"? Marino's the best QB never to have won a superbowl. Until someone like Manning takes that crown from him, that's what he'll always be. Hall of Fame, etc, sure. But he's stuck with that mantle until someone takes it ... and that may be a while.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think about how much of a cheap shot that is by Esiason. By doing that on live (or slightly delayed) TV, he had to have known he was putting Dan on the spot and he could not do much about it. Also, someone correct me if I am wrong, but the only difference between Marino and Esiason is all of the accolades that Marino accomplished that Boomer did not. They both played in 1 SB and both lost. What I am saying is of all people, who is Boomer Esiason to judge Marino's career.

Also while I'm thinking about it, which is worse: Manning not getting to a SB or if Philly loses, McNabb not getting there after 3 tries. I think Philly will win, but they do not should either one be judged any more or any less?

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think about how much of a cheap shot that is by Esiason.  By doing that on live (or slightly delayed) TV, he had to have known he was putting Dan on the spot and he could not do much about it.  Also, someone correct me if I am wrong, but the only difference between Marino and Esiason is all of the accolades that Marino accomplished that Boomer did not.  They both played in 1 SB and both lost.  What I am saying is of all people, who is Boomer Esiason to judge Marino's career. 

Also while I'm thinking about it, which is worse:  Manning not getting to a SB or if Philly loses, McNabb not getting there after 3 tries.  I think Philly will win, but they do not should either one be judged any more or any less?

657395[/snapback]

No doubt, classless cheap shot. Sharpe and Gumbel might've had to intervene to keep those guys at bay today.

Both Boomer and Marino have something in common: they both lost their only SB appearance to Joe Montana.

In fact, according to this, Esiason began this year in the 11th spot in attempts, completions, touchdowns and yards for their career with Marino first in all of those categories.

In that light, Dan shouldn't have been pissed. At least Boomer didn't call Manning 'this generation's Boomer Esiason.'

I don't think its a cheap shot.

God forbid a commentator speaks the truth. Boomer is a good coomentator cause he calls it like he sees it.

Peyton and Marino are two of the best QBs of all time. Everyone knows it. But they both havent won it all. Atleast Peyton has another shot.

This is how Peyton Manning and Dan Marino break down in yearly average:

(Attempts)Manning=554 Marino=491

(Completions)Manning=352 Marino=292

(Yards)Manning=4206 Marino=3609

(Touchdowns)Manning=30 Marino=24

If Peyton can stay consistent and healthy he can break Marino's records. And if Peyton keeps up the choking he can take the title away from Marino in 3 years.

I think Marino would beat the living shiat out of Boomer. I would lay 3 to 1 odds on Marino in a fist fight. Marino has a notoriously fiery temper while Boomer is laid back. And Dan is sort of an arogant jackass and I believe his attitude got him into a bunch of fights growing up. I know mine sure got me in alot more scraps than I care to recall. Give me the man with an uncontrollable temper and experience in putting up his fists over a laid back cool guy any day of the week...

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Boomer also flame out in his one shot at a Superbowl ring?

The reason nobody would ever say "Peyton Manning is this decade's Boomer Esiason." is that Boomer was never as good as Dan Marino, and the closest he will ever get to Canton is paying admission like everyone else.

First off, I've never liked Marino. Like Spain pointed out he's always been an arrogant, whiny ass who was always quick to point his finger elsewhere for not winning so to hear Boomer say that & then catch the look on Dan's face was absolutely hysterical for me.

That said Dan was understandably pissed, but I don't think that Boomer meant it as a cut at Marino or Manning. I believe all that he was saying was that they are alike in that they are two of the best QB's to ever play the game, but you could have Superman as QB & it won't matter if the rest of the team sucks.

I saw it as it was, Boomer meant it as a compliment to both the QB's but a shot at the teams they play for...lol, only he's not bright enough to have it come across as that.

Dan the Man---> :D:D