[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning, this generations Dan Marino

Jackass

If anyone finds a link to this , please post it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One, I didn't see this, but based on what you guys are saying, I think it was uncalled for. There were reasons why Marino didn't win, there are always reasons why teams don't win. The colts have gradually made themselves better the last couple of seasons. The defense is actually approaching good status ? It feels strange to actually be typing that , but I think it's true. I don't think anyone thinks manning won't have another chance. The same was thought about Marino of course, but they never bothered to get him a running game after that. All that manning could do yesterday was take what was given and not turn it over. As soon as I saw that they had weather in New England, I had a feeling the game was going to go that way....

By the way, does anyone agree that Dungee punked out on fourth and less than one about midway through the third quarter? I thought that they had to do something to keep the momentum going, instead they punted and New england followed with a long td drive....I think that's what did it....

One, I didn't see this, but based on what you guys are saying, I think it was uncalled for.  There were reasons why Marino didn't win, there are always reasons why teams don't win.  The colts have gradually made themselves better the last couple of seasons.  The defense is actually approaching good status ?  It feels strange to actually be typing that , but I think it's true.    I don't think anyone thinks manning won't have another chance.  The same was thought about Marino of course, but they never bothered to get him a running game after that.  All that manning could do yesterday was take what was given and not turn it over.  As soon as I saw that they had weather in New England, I had a feeling the game was going to go that way....

By the way, does anyone agree that Dungee punked out on fourth and less than one about midway through the third quarter?  I thought that they had to do something to keep the momentum going, instead they punted and New england followed with a long td drive....I think that's what did it....

657716[/snapback]

:D on the comment by Boomer.

Also, I will be SHOCKED if Peyton ends his career without a Super Bowl ring.

Boomer was on WEEI in Boston this morning.

The asked him about the comment and he said the Dan was still mad at him.

This wasn't a 5 minute pissed off and then let it slide comment, according to Boomer, Dan is still steamed.  :D

657739[/snapback]

Classic. :D

Hmmm...that brings up an interesting question....

Who is this generation's Boomer Esiason?

I guess I'd go with Mark Brunell.  Their both left handed and never won anything.

657234[/snapback]

LOL! :D

Boomer's an ass... and couldn't carry either Marino or Manning's jockstrap.

Without question, Marino was a better player than Boomer, but the key word here is was. It is in the past and what Boomer said is basically correct. It is not a knock at Dan. Marino has to let that slide and take it as a left-handed compliment. I think if you were to ask Boomer to compare his career to Marino's, he would laugh and tell you there is no comparison. They are not players any longer, they are commentators. Call it like it is. I think I just found new respect for Boomer.

Only one qb wins a superbowl every year so theres going to be a bunch of good qbs who don't ever win the big one. I'd say Manning still has some good shots at it and Marino was just unlucky.

657333[/snapback]

Yeah, we all know that Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, Joe Theisman, Phil Simms, Jim Plunkett, etc. are all much better quarterbacks than Marino. :oldrollingeyes:

Seriously, doesn't everyone else think too much is put on the fact if you win a championship or not? Yes they all play for it, but it is a team effort not easily won on the performance of one person. Not to mention, if the front office is a bunch of jackoffs and the coaching staff sucks....how can that be laid at a quarterback's feet? The quarterbacks I mentioned above were all pretty run of the mill but had good teams put around them. Even Elway was the biggest choker until Denver got a good running back and he finished his career with two Super Bowl wins.

Oh yeah, and Jim Kelly never won one too but don't blame Scott Norwood, Bills defense, etc.

Edit for punctuation.

Edited by I Like Soup

I wish I had watched it, I'd have loved to see Marino's face. As a player, Marino far exceeded Boomer, but as a comentator, I'd much rather have Boomer. Like someone else previously said, Boomer calls it like it is, and that is what I like about him. Since I didn't see it, I can't comment on whether or not it was a dig, but at least at this point it is true.

Even if Manning never wins the big one, he's still worth millions and millions of dollars.  I certainly don't feel sorry for him.

658561[/snapback]

I think it is fair to say regardless of what ends up happening to Peyton and Eli, football has been good to that family.

OK, let's see if I've got this right.

1) Boomer was never as good as Marino (nor has he ever claimed to be), so he has no right to ever make a comment. Check.

2) If Boomer ever wanted to carry Marino's jockstrap, he need not apply for that either. Got it.

Quit 'yer cryin'. Look, I didn't see it either. Maybe it was inappropriate to say, OK. But Marino does seem to have pretty thin skin. Am I the only one who noticed the pain in his face during every discussion about Manning breaking his record? Did he really look and sound sincere to you when he "congratulated" Manning when he finally did it? Marino, IMO, has that Miami Dolphin trait of never wanting anyone to break their record. I wonder if he invites the undefeated Dolphin players to his champagne party every year his record held? I hold that group up as a high example of lack of class.

Hey, I like Marino. It's unfortunate he never won. Esiason was actually a pretty good QB, who at times, because of an awesome line, running game, and play action fake ability (Boomer was one of the best at this in his time), looked like a REALLY good QB. It appears (again, I didn't see it) that if he thought he was so high & mighty, he'd have tossed himself into the list of "great QBs" to never win, right?

Danny needs to either take his ball and go home, or toughen up a little.

{By the way, the two Superbowls the Bengals lost to the 49'ers were actually 2 of the best 3 games that the AFC gave the NFC that decade. Bengals were within a defensive stand of winning the first, and a dropped interception of winning the second (their KEY 3rd down back getting coked up and suspended the night before the game, and the loss of their heart and soul, Tim Krumrie, in the 1st quarter, didn't help either). But the 49ers made the plays, they deserved to win, and the rest is history.}

First it was like this :  :yay: , then it changes to this:  :D

658422[/snapback]

More like this:

Camera on Boomer saying "Manning is this generation's Dan Marino".

Quick cut to Dan looking like this. :moon:

Cut back to Boomer where he mumbles something like "Well he is."

Wide shot with the awkward moment of silence with Dan looking like :D and everyone else like :D:D while Boomer was like B).

Then laser beams shoot out his eyes barely missing Boomer. Marino's accuracy has slipped since his retirement obviously. He almost never threw wide to Duper or Clayton. B)

Great TV moment.

More like this:

Quick cut to Dan looking like this.  :moon:

Wide shot with the awkward moment of silence with Dan looking like :D and everyone else like  :D  :D while Boomer was like  B).

Then laser beams shoot out his eyes barely missing Boomer.  Marino's accuracy has slipped since his retirement obviously.  He almost never threw wide to Duper or Clayton.  :moon:

Great TV moment.

658586[/snapback]

:D:yay:B) Excellent use of emoticons to describe it.I havent seen it but now I feel like I did.That was great..

Wasn't Archie a career loser too??  Like father, like sons.

Again folks, you don't need an MVP 1st round pick QB to win Super Bowls.  They may get you to the playoffs, but they rarely win the championship!

658587[/snapback]

Archie was a great QB on a horrible team.

When gumble tried to fill the silence you could here Marino muttering 'jeeezusss'

I was hoping for a harbough knuckle sandwich, boomer is a FUQNG TARD. No one likes to work with the guy, no one. He is way to negative, always trying to tear someone down to make himself feel better about himself.

When he was commentary in the booth, he would tell you how a defensive end should have played.... as if he would know.

I don't like marino much, but boomer won't be on that squad next year.

More like this:

Quick cut to Dan looking like this.  B)

Wide shot with the awkward moment of silence with Dan looking like :D and everyone else like  :D  :D while Boomer was like  B).

Then laser beams shoot out his eyes barely missing Boomer.  Marino's accuracy has slipped since his retirement obviously.  He almost never threw wide to Duper or Clayton.  :D

Great TV moment.

658586[/snapback]

Genius....sheer genius. too funny.