[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

STEELER FANS

louisville lip

HAVING AWAKENED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT SEVERAL NIGHTS THIS WEEK THINKING ABOUT SUCH THINGS, I'D LIKE TO POSE THE FOLLOWING "WHAT IFS" TO STEELER FANS:

1. WHAT IF BEN HAD COMPLETED THAT FIRST PASS (RANDLE EL WAS WIDE OPEN)?

2. WHAT IF BETTIS HAD GOTTEN 1 YARD (HE DID IT ON JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER CARRY)?

3. WHAT IF THE STEELERS HAD PUNTED ON 4TH AND 1 AT THE PATS' 40 (THEREBY PINNING THE PATS)?

4. WHAT IF AARON SMITH HADN'T BEEN CALLED FOR HOLDING ON THIRD AND 17?

5. WHAT IF THE STEELERS HAD SCORED A TD RATHER THAN SETTLED FOR A FIELD GOAL WITH 13 MINUTES REMAINING?

SIGNIFICANT MOMENTUM CHANGERS ALL.

I DON'T ASK THESE QUESTIONS TO TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM WHAT THE PATS, ESPECIALLY BRADY, DID. I'D JUST LIKE TO GET YOUR THOUGHTS, STEELER FANS.

On a side note , to go along with all the NE = Dynasty talk going around these days , Brady should have lost to Oakland in the snow. That Tuck Rule crap was complete BS. Woodson nailed him on the corner blitz , and the ball came out and was recovered. Crazy to think that one play would take away all the Dynasty talk.

Or not ? Maybe its just me.

On a side note , to go along with all the NE = Dynasty talk going around these days , Brady should have lost to Oakland in the snow.  That Tuck Rule crap was complete BS.  Woodson nailed him on the corner blitz , and the ball came out and was recovered.  Crazy to think that one play would take away all the Dynasty talk. 

Or not ?  Maybe its just me.

677320[/snapback]

Oh, here we go.

First, there was talk about changing the rule after that post season. Did they change the rule? No. If it is complete BS, why is the rule still on the books?

Secondly, the hit could have been ruled helmet to helmet hit against Woodson, no doubt.

And Finally, if the Raiders won the last game of the season, against an OK Jets squad, AT HOME......

They would have been the number 2 seed and played the Pats at home. Piss away home field advantage and that is what you get.

LL - I'm not sure what your first ten posts were like, but #11 was a dud.

677278[/snapback]

Jets fans are apparently a bit sensitive to "what ifs" ... :D

Actually, "what ifs" of this nature are the cheap streetwalkers of the football world ... you think they're going to be interesting and comforting, but it's just not really a good use of your time once all is said and done ... :D

Not that I'd know ... B)

6. WHAT IF YOUR COACH WASNT AN IDENTICAL TWIN OF SGT. SLAUGHTER AND HE DIDNT SUCK

677293[/snapback]

:D

Now that folks, was funny. But the more I think about it. He does look like Sgt Slaughter. Damm..

As for the topic, LL is a true fan still reliving the loss. It's over dude. Let it rest. The "what ifs" will drive you crazy.

Face it.  You'd love him if he had been your boy :D

678405[/snapback]

I have repeatedly demonstrated that I am a victim of homerism-induced blindness, having been blasted by other Steeler fans for expressing dislike for Steelers such as Terry Bradshaw, Bill Cowher, Joey Porter, Plaxico Burress, and others.

I have repeatedly demonstrated that I am a victim of homerism-induced blindness, having been blasted by other Steeler fans for expressing dislike for Steelers such as Terry Bradshaw, Bill Cowher, Joey Porter, Plaxico Burress, and others.

678408[/snapback]

HIB is an incurable disease. Please see your doctor for further information on possible treatment. There may be no cure but, your doctor can help you cope with your illness. Try shopping with your wife or even better your mother-in-law that should make you numb for at least a few days at a time.

Edited by jgcoach

678408[/snapback]

Yeah...but you aren't old enough to really have appreciated Bradshaw when he played, and if Brady had efficiently QB'd your team to 2 SB wins you would probably feel differently about him and possibly a few other people on your list.

Yeah...but you aren't old enough to really have appreciated Bradshaw when he played, and if Brady had efficiently QB'd your team to 2 SB wins you would probably feel differently about him and possibly a few other people on your list.

678424[/snapback]

Doubt it. And if Big Ben had a man-purse, I'd probably hate him too.