[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Steelers Dynasty - Sponsored by Steriods

justin

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2020408

Haslett, a Pro Bowl linebacker during his nine-year NFL career, also told some reporters at the league's meetings in Hawaii that he believes steroids use in the NFL began with the Steelers in the 1970s.

Haslett, who said that "all the offensive and defensive linemen, linebackers" were steroids users during his playing career, said the Steelers of the 1970s were big users. The Steelers won four Super Bowls in six years, beginning in 1974-75.

"It started, really, in Pittsburgh," Haslett said in the Post-Gazette. "They got an advantage on a lot of football teams. They were so much stronger [in the] '70s, late '70s, early '80s ... They're the ones who kind of started it."

What possible positive purpose does this serve? What is he thinking? This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read! I am disappointed in Haslett....and I now refuse to draft any fantasy player from the Saints!

:D

Were steroids even illegal or against the NFL rules back then? As a huge Houston Oiler slappy I believe that Earl deserves a Super Bowl ring if they were illegal!! We all know the Oilers were the 2nd best team in the NFL back then....sorry Cowboys fans.

Wow.  Can't believe Haz would come out with this now.  Can't make him any more popular in the league.

748495[/snapback]

I agree. Talk about digging up the past!!! What good does THAT serve??? :D

So, do the Dallas Cowboys now have 7 Super Bowl Championships? 

Steelers pumped up on roid ---> :D

748561[/snapback]

I believe this automatically should cause a forfeit of those Steeler-Cowboy Superbowls. It only makes sense.

749840[/snapback]

Prepare for the next round of Congressional hearings.  :oldrolleyes:

749957[/snapback]

No need, we've known for around 30 years you guys had to be cheating.

748399[/snapback]

Hmmmm. Alzado ring a bell? I bet it was not uncommon around the league back then ... since then ... now ... It's a shame. :D

Soooo, does Pittsburgh draft Bonds and Sosa this year to carry on the tradition? :D

In all seriousness, it is not a great day for us lifelong loyal steeeeeeeler fans if it proves to be true. :D

Actually Haslett wasn't accusing the Steelers he was trying to point out how far the NFL has come with it's steroid policy since it's been implemented. He also spoke of his own steroid use and the prevelence of the use in the league back then as they weren't illegal or against the rules. Granted,his timing and use of any tact are extremely bad but I really don't think he was calling out the Steelers in particular. In an attempt to show how the NFL is better than other sports in steroid testing he only stirred up the beehive worse.

No need, we've known for around 30 years you guys had to be cheating.

749960[/snapback]

Ummm wait one minute. If the Cowboys want a recount then the Raiders definitely want in on this action.

Raiders lost to the Steroid Steelers in the playoff's in '72, '74, and '75. The Raiders would have easily beat the choirboys in those Super Bowls and have 6 Super Bowl championships!................ :D

What possible positive purpose does this serve?  What is he thinking?  This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read!  I am disappointed in Haslett....and I now refuse to draft any fantasy player from the Saints!

748571[/snapback]

Do you make a habit out of being a moron? What do the Saints have to do with Pitt using steroids in the 70s and why should you be disappointed in Haslett since what he was doing was not only legal and not against league rules, but was probably endorsed by his coaches as well?

Actually Haslett wasn't accusing the Steelers he was trying to point out how far the NFL has come with it's steroid policy since it's been implemented. He also spoke of his own steroid use and the prevelence of the use in the league back then as they weren't illegal or against the rules. Granted,his timing and use of any tact are extremely bad but I really don't think he was calling out the Steelers in particular. In an attempt to show how the NFL is better than other sports in steroid testing he only stirred up the beehive worse.

750005[/snapback]

Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself. But I will say he probably was asked about steriod use in the NFL rather than bringing it up himself. Unfortunately though when his mouth opened his brain must have fallen out before he could remember to close it again.

I'm sure the Steelers weren't the only ones using roids.

750103[/snapback]

Yeah.

I guess there will be some wannabe Jose Canseco's that want to get some publicity and money to spill the beans on the other teams too...........

Raiders lost to the Steroid Steelers in the playoff's in '72, '74, and '75.  The Raiders would have easily beat the choirboys in those Super Bowls and have 6 Super Bowl championships!................ :D

750027[/snapback]

Try beating the Chiefs or Chargers then call me when you are ready to play the big boys.

Try beating the Chiefs or Chargers then call me when you are ready to play the big boys.   

750147[/snapback]

I'm not sure what you mean because the Chiefs and Chargers were not factors back in the 70's.

And if you mean currently you might want to think about your own division and try beating the Eagles and Giants both of whom swept the Boys this year.......... :D