[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Homer thread

skins

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not thrilled with the Lions not taking a defensive player.  I understand the pick, and you can't argue with the value.

791210[/snapback]

It was best value, but I imagine they could have gotten some serious return on a trade of that 12 pick for a package of other picks and/or players. Maybe they still do something?

No, I f'n hate it. The one position, the one player, that did well last year is the one we go and screw over. Not content with wrecking the A-Train, the Bears now think adding Moose M is enough to get it done at WR when Williams and Williamson were still on the board.

Benson may turn out to be a good player - but he doesn't fill a need when we have plenty and won't be enough of an upgrade over Jones to justify blowing a #4 pick.

I am OK with Williamson. I am not disapponted they didn't pick BMW but I kind of wish they would have. I happy they picked a DE with the second. Now only if they get Nugent with the second round pick, I will be estatic.

Edited by Outshined

I'm not thrilled with the Lions not taking a defensive player.  I understand the pick, and you can't argue with the value.

791210[/snapback]

Saying I'm not thrilled is an understatement. Dumb pick by the Lions, unless they don't think that Rogers is going to get healthy, which is in direct oppostion to everything else I've heard. To get all three WR's on the field, they'll have to either bench the FB, which would be detrimental to the running game, or the tight end who they just signed.

A high first rounder on a part-time player, especially when the Lions have other pressing needs, was a dumb pick. Millen is a doofus.

I'm not happy at all with the Cowboys. I don't know how they passed on Derrick Jonhson. And then they take two defensive ends. When was the last time the Cowboys drafted a good defensive end? They keep taking DE's in the first, and the keep getting busts. I wouldn't have minded Spears, if they had taken Johnson, but drafting two DE's does not make me happy. They had needs at S, CB, LB, and WR as well as DE. They are wasting two first round picks, because Parcells wants to change D's. I think it sucks.

This is a quandry, as the Packers still need help on the defensive side badly, but a sucessor to Favre somehow fell to them. :bshock:

791279[/snapback]

If I were a Packers fan... well, first I'd have to stop bathing and slam my head in the door of an '82 Dodge Omni repeatedly to lower my IQ, but that's beside the point. If I were a Packers fan, I'm not sure how I'd take this. If Rogers is really top ten talent at QB, then this is a good pick. If he slipped because of a lack of talent, then GB just mollified the masses by making a popular skill position pick that won't really help the team.

As a Lions fan, I'm hoping for the latter.

sorry ursa, i love the bear pick.  mini earl campbell like.  thomas jones was good, but benson is probably the best pick in this entire draft.  jmo.

791255[/snapback]

I was less than impressed with his post-draft interview too. I sincerely hope the Bears have a world-beater, but given their draft history, and the fact they still don't have that much of a passing threat, I just can't see this as a true difference-maker.

I was less than impressed with his post-draft interview too.  I sincerely hope the Bears have a world-beater, but given their draft history, and the fact they still don't have that much of a passing threat, I just can't see this as a true difference-maker.

791286[/snapback]

Benson sounded like a grade A tard in that interview. You don't need big brains to be a RB, but Christ on a cracker he sounded like an idiot.

I was equally unimpressed by the complete lack of professionalism showed by Pac Man Jones and Matt Jones. They both looked like complete screw offs. For God's sake guys, put on a frickin' suit. Smith, Caddy, and Ronnie Brown all sounded good in their interviews. Braylon sounded like he was already part of the team in Cleveland, which I would be happy about if I were a Brownie fan.

sorry ursa, i love the bear pick.  mini earl campbell like.  thomas jones was good, but benson is probably the best pick in this entire draft.  jmo.

791255[/snapback]

yup i was hopping he would fall butnew he wouldnt

meh

Williamson is so raw to be drafted so high. Williams = production.

I'm kind of tired with all the D-Line first rounders too.

Time will tell, but not real excited.

791275[/snapback]

man im so fn glad they passed on williams

and yah its a shock that GB who desperetly needs a qb has one fall :D

Edited by Yukon Cornelius

I was less than impressed with his post-draft interview too.  I sincerely hope the Bears have a world-beater, but given their draft history, and the fact they still don't have that much of a passing threat, I just can't see this as a true difference-maker.

791286[/snapback]

Benson is the type of back that just takes over games. The Longhorns didn't have any receivers last year at all, and had a pretty decent season. If I were a Bears fan, I'd be jumping for joy. Benson is the best back in the draft. He will get the tough yards that Jones couldn't . Almost half of Benson's yards are after contact. He is a faster version of Earl Campbell.

If I were a Packers fan... well, first I'd have to stop bathing and slam my head in the door of an '82 Dodge Omni repeatedly to lower my IQ, but that's beside the point.  If I were a Packers fan, I'm not sure how I'd take this.  If Rogers is really top ten talent at QB, then this is a good pick.  If he slipped because of a lack of talent, then GB just mollified the masses by making a popular skill position pick that won't really help the team. 

As a Lions fan, I'm hoping for the latter.

791284[/snapback]

One conflicted GB fan here. While the Rodgers pick provides hope that the Pack won't fall of the face of the planet after Favre retires, it doesn't address any of their current needs. I guess we'll have to see how the 2nd and 3rd rounds go. Also, what does this mean for Nall and O'Sullivan? Will they perhaps try to deal O'Sullivan now? He appears to have value around the league.

Benson is the best back in the draft.  He will get the tough yards that Jones couldn't .  Almost half of Benson's yards are after contact.  He is a faster version of Earl Campbell.

791302[/snapback]

That's one mighty high bar he has to get over. :D

Saying I'm not thrilled is an understatement.  Dumb pick by the Lions, unless they don't think that Rogers is going to get healthy, which is in direct oppostion to everything else I've heard.  To get all three WR's on the field, they'll have to either bench the FB, which would be detrimental to the running game, or the tight end who they just signed.

A high first rounder on a part-time player, especially when the Lions have other pressing needs, was a dumb pick.  Millen is a doofus.

791276[/snapback]

What he said.