[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Homer thread

skins

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bolts pick DT Luis Castillo from Northwestern with the 28th pick!!!! A.J. better have some powerful insider knowledge on this guy to justify this choice!!!! Totally surprised me!! :bigshock: :bigshock:

I guess Travis Johnson is an upgrade over Seth Payne, but still would have preferred they take DJ instead of trading down. Maybe Johnson can help them plug up the middle though.

Saying I'm not thrilled is an understatement.  Dumb pick by the Lions, unless they don't think that Rogers is going to get healthy, which is in direct oppostion to everything else I've heard.  To get all three WR's on the field, they'll have to either bench the FB, which would be detrimental to the running game, or the tight end who they just signed.

A high first rounder on a part-time player, especially when the Lions have other pressing needs, was a dumb pick.  Millen is a doofus.

791276[/snapback]

I disagree completely, every year the most injury prone position for the Lions is at WR, its nice to have some depth.

I like the pick.

meh

Williamson is so raw to be drafted so high. Williams = production.

I'm kind of tired with all the D-Line first rounders too.

Time will tell, but not real excited.

791275[/snapback]

I pretty much have the same sentiments. Someone sold Tice a bill of goods that said he absolutely needed speed at WR. Production is production regardless of Combine statistics. Cris Carter and jake Reed were an awesome tandem and they had very little speed between them. I would have rather seen the Vikes pick Williams, but am not devasted by the Williamson pick in any way.

Erasmus... eh, we'll see. Same story as each of the last few years.

Actually, I'm not surprised or po'd that the Jets took Nugent. Compared to what is still on the board, he was the best player available. I still remember how Brien cost us a playoff game.... and generally sucked under pressure.

And for a PS: This puts heavy pressure on the Jets to spend what they have to to sign Ty Law. If they sign law now, it makes the pick that much better. How many games did Ackers win for the Eagles last year? 3? I'll take that.

Edited by Rovers

Actually, I'm not surprised or po'd that the Jets took Nugent. Compared to what is still on the board, he was the best player available. I still remember how Brien cost us a playoff game.... and generally sucked under pressure.

791342[/snapback]

Yeah, he is Special :D

791342[/snapback]

That is true..Although there may have been more pressing needs this guy mightve made the kick to get them to the championship game last year..Who knows?

Edited by whomper

I'm not happy at all with the Cowboys.  I don't know how they passed on Derrick Jonhson.  And then they take two defensive ends.  When was the last time the Cowboys drafted a good defensive end?  They keep taking DE's in the first, and the keep getting busts.  I wouldn't have minded Spears, if they had taken Johnson, but drafting two DE's does not make me happy.  They had needs at S, CB, LB, and WR as well as DE.  They are wasting two first round picks, because Parcells wants to change D's.  I think it sucks.

791282[/snapback]

Im not as dissapointed as you but I agree that maybe one de and another need may have served Dallas better..I wouldve liked to have seen WR with the 20th pick.Maybe they have a sleeper..

791342[/snapback]

I'm a little PO'd.

Nugent might make two or three FGs next year that Brien would have missed - that's 6-9 points over the course of a season. Not worth a 2nd round pick IMO.

Plus, IF the Jets make it back to the playoffs, I'm not crazy about the prospect of seeing a rookie kicker out there with the game on the line.

I would have gone with a defensive back.

But, that said, I'm now hoping Nugent is the next Adam Vinatieri.

P.S. - I liked the Jolle trade.

I'm a little PO'd.

Nugent might make two or three FGs next year that Brien would have missed - that's 6-9 points over the course of a season.  Not worth a 2nd round pick IMO.

Plus, IF the Jets make it back to the playoffs, I'm not crazy about the prospect of seeing a rookie kicker out there with the game on the line.

791348[/snapback]

Vet, it's more than 9 points, IMO, and it's also about field position. This kid hits the end zone 60% of the time. Brien almost cost us the playoff game against the Chargers, and he did lose the playoff game to the Steelers, despite Hermie's bad calls. Brien hasnt kicked more than a couple into the end zone last year. Now, he also has the bad karma thing, he had to go. What player in the draft will impact the entire team as much as Nugent might? NONE. Makes it a good pick. Now, Bradway has to git off his arse and sign Law. If they went CB here, we still have a lousy kicker, and no RCB. If they do sign Law now, it all works out pretty well.

I'm a little PO'd.

Nugent might make two or three FGs next year that Brien would have missed - that's 6-9 points over the course of a season.  Not worth a 2nd round pick IMO.

791348[/snapback]

Those 6-9 points could win 2, 3, 4? games.... :D Need-based pick, and he'd be gone by the time they picked again... and they got a much-needed DB at their next pick anyways. Not a JETS fan, just commenting. :D

Vet, it's more than 9 points, IMO, and it's also about field position. This kid hits the end zone 60% of the time. Brien almost cost us the playoff game against the Chargers, and he did lose the playoff game to the Steelers, despite Hermie's bad calls. Brien hasnt kicked more than a couple into the end zone last year. Now, he also has the bad karma thing, he had to go. What player in the draft will impact the entire team as much as Nugent might? NONE. Makes it a good pick. Now, Bradway has to git off his arse and sign Law. If they went CB here, we still have a lousy kicker, and no RCB. If they do sign Law now, it all works out pretty well.

791349[/snapback]

Rovers -

WOW!

I would have take Justin Miller at #47 - to get him at #57 is a steal. I see him helping out in the nickle package, plus returning punts. I'm very happy with this pick.

Now the Nugent pick looks great. To be able to address two obvious needs in the 2nd round AND have picked up a TE in Jolle who can catch the ball to me defines a successful draft.

I'm pleased. You?

Rovers -

WOW!

I would have take Justin Miller at #47 - to get him at #57 is a steal.  I see him helping out in the nickle package, plus returning punts.  I'm very happy with this pick.

Now the Nugent pick looks great.  To be able to address two obvious needs in the 2nd round AND have picked up a TE in Jolle who can catch the ball to me defines a successful draft.

I'm pleased.  You?

791361[/snapback]

Told ya the Nugent pick was a good one! YES! We now have a punt returner to replace Moss, and a CB who might just work out, who was ranked a lot higher than where he was picked. Now... BRADWAY.... SIGN LAW! Let Strait and Miller develop. That would make it a great draft.

PS: This also opens the door to get Glenn back, cheap, for one year. Just might be the plan, at this point.

Edited by Rovers

:doah:  The Pack reaches at #51 for Nick Collins (CB/Bethune Cookman).  For those of you familiar with Scouts, Inc. rankings they have him a 61.  Miller who the Jets just took got an 89.

791364[/snapback]

I actually wanted them to take Cody there. :D

Then take a WR at 2.58? :D

Now.... I'd love to see the Jets get Eric Shelton with thier third round pick. Could be a nice one-two punch with Blaylock in a couple years from now. Yea, RBBC not good for FF, but for the team, I'd love it.

791376[/snapback]

Eric Shelton got drafted in 2nd round by the Panthers with pick 54 so I dont think theyll get him..

Of course you can't replace Randy Moss and Williamson doesn't have to in order for this to be a decent pick. But the descriptions of Williamson does sound very Moss like as far as performance. Long strides, chance to take every catch to the house, etc. Williamson also sounds like a very good kid as well. It will only take a few good preseason games for him to win over all the fans.

I like the James pick. He need more on the DE and he should deliver. We also need a guard and found one in the second round. Seems like the Vikes went back to need picks rather than the advertised bpa this year.

I'm really glad that we didn't spend two 1st rounders on a single receiver. Williamson + James has to be better than just Edwards.

It doesn't bother me a bit that we missed out on a kicker in the second round.

Edited by MikesVikes

I notice this thread has gone awhile, and no Hawks fans have throwin in their pennies.

I think it may be because we drafted a Center based on his upside and an unathletic middle linebacker.

Blah.

The DE well may have been pretty dry, so I think picking a Center in the 1st round isn't all that horrible, except that it seems like he may have been a bit of a reach according to some sites i've checked out. As for the MLB Tatupu, I didn't really find him to be all that impressive @ USC, granted I only watched the big games. I would have liked to have seen Channing Crowder instead, a bit more athletic with more potential to develop into a very good player.