[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's your favorite player?

doubleD

Wow this is a tough one...currently I have no real guy I just cant wait to watch play. In the past though and I know its weird but Ed McCaffery was my favorite player to watch. This guy was a tough sob. I dont know how many woo hits he took and hung on to the ball, but there were alot. Unfortunately he couldn't recover from the last hit he took. A great guy on and off the field!!! :D:D

I have one more...Ronnie Lott. Man, another guy I loved to watch play the game. Fast, could hit like a freight train and a real team player. :D:D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this is a tough one...currently I have no real guy I just cant wait to watch play.  In the past though and I know its weird but Ed McCaffery was my favorite player to watch.  This guy was a tough sob.  I dont know how many woo hits he took and hung on to the ball, but there were alot.  Unfortunately he couldn't recover from the last hit he took.  A great guy on and off the field!!! :D:D

I have one more...Ronnie Lott.  Man, another guy I loved to watch play the game.  Fast, could hit like a freight train and a real team player. :D:D

814093[/snapback]

When Mccafrey caught that ball on monday night about 2 or 3 years ago and broke his leg on the way down yet still held on to the ball he forvever took a space in my book as a great football player.

Anybody remember that commercial with Derrick Brooks on the bus with those kids? Singing:

"Whose your favorite player?"

"Mr. Derrick Brooks."

I always thought that was a funny ad.

Hmm. My favorite. :D

Peyton Manning. Surprise.

TO gets votes but Moss doesn't?

It's not even fair to keep mentioning these two players in the same sentence. I've never had a problem with Moss as a Minnesota Viking. I've never had to question his motives. He comes to practice every day and plays when others wouldn't under the same conditions. He is a player that can't do anything right in the eyes of the NFL fan.

He is a man of conflict. He wants to win but can't help the team when they decide to play within the system. About 99.5 % of the time, that means that the ball isn't going to his side of the field. It's difficult for him to help his team win if they can't get him the ball. I've never seen him upset because he lost out on the NFL reception lead on the last game of the year as Cris Carter has. The guy wants to win.

Yes the guy is not well liked in the league. How many guys in the league would be criticized for wearing braces? Then answer to that is only one. Braces? Are you kidding me? That makes him a punk? Emmett wouldn't be called a punk for wearing braces.

I know that this isn't the popular choice around here but I don't care.

All of you Raider fans that say you hate Moss, you won't hate him when you see him for yourself.

MikesVikes you are very right on this one. I know how much Randy did for the kids in this area and to be honest that makes me really like the guy. Of course on a personal level I have to say Jim Marshall as my favorite but mostly that is because I have had a couple of beers with the guy. His daughter lived in Fargo and he went to the pub I worked at in College. As long as you never asked what the hell were you thinking having a few brews with him was great time.

Moss has always been a favorite of mine for what he did with the kids, heck he even gave my son an autograph, we did not ask but he came over and said he liked his jersey and asked if he knew who he was, my son was 2 and said your Randy Moss and gave him a touchdown sign. Anyway Moss was good to the kids and great for the Vikes on the field.

Otherwise I am a big LT fan also, for QB Peyton Manning, for WR Moss, and for LB Ray Nietzsche (SP?) in fact I still have a signed football from him when I was a kid.

Most deplored: Tommy Kramer and Brett Favre.

MikesVikes you are very right on this one. I know how much Randy did for the kids in this area and to be honest that makes me really like the guy. Of course on a personal level I have to say Jim Marshall as my favorite but mostly that is because I have had a couple of beers with the guy. His daughter lived in Fargo and he went to the pub I worked at in College. As long as you never asked what the hell were you thinking having a few brews with him was great time.

Moss has always been a favorite of mine for what he did with the kids, heck he even gave my son an autograph, we did not ask but he came over and said he liked his jersey and asked if he knew who he was, my son was 2 and said your Randy Moss and gave him a touchdown sign. Anyway Moss was good to the kids and great for the Vikes on the field.

Otherwise I am a big LT fan also, for QB Peyton Manning, for WR Moss, and for LB Ray Nietzsche (SP?) in fact I still have a signed football from him when I was a kid.

Most deplored: Tommy Kramer and Brett Favre.

814535[/snapback]

I liked all of the Vikings during Marshall's time and it would be hard to pick one. I sure hope that Jim's health is much better now.

Marshall, Eller, Page, Tarkenton, Siemon, Blair, and of course Chuck Foreman would have to be on the short list.

I liked all of the Vikings during Marshall's time and it would be hard to pick one.  I sure hope that Jim's health is much better now.

814544[/snapback]

Have not heard in a long time I do know he was at Mayo for treatment. I do hope he is winning this fight. Of course now having a brew would not be in his best interest.

I agree with MikesVikes, and R. Moss is my favorite player. Not the popular choice around here, but oh well. Moss gave up on the media a LOOONG time ago, which is why he has a bullseye on his chest for every little thing he does, and a lot of people seem to buy into it.

A little off the topic, but did anyone else hear/read that when Moss left the Washington game with .02 on the clock or whatever, that he did so because he overheard some other players talking about what club they were going to go to that night or something like that? From what I heard, he was really upset that his teammates were taking the loss so well.

My favorite player of all time is Walter Payton.

Current: Todd Heap

I know it sounds stupid, but I think the guy is amazing to watch. When he's healthy, he catches EVERYTHING.

I guess it's funny because I could care less about the Ravens. It's Heap's contract year, so maybe he'll sign with the Hawks next year. :D (Pipe dream)