[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which 2nd year WR do you take first?

DMD

Which reciever would you draft first?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Which reciever would you draft first?

• Roy Williams
    • Lee Evans
    • Michael Clayton

Each of the three turned in huge rookie seasons and yet have different situations this season:

Roy Williams (54 - 817, 8 TD)

Charles Rogers back (maybe more than one play) and Mike Williams drafted

Lee Evans (43 - 843, 9 TD)

Loses Bledsoe and gets first-year starter J.P. Losman

Michael Clayton (80 - 1193, 7 TD)

Same offense but with the possibility of a running game with Cadillac Williams

The "sophomore blues" could easily hit any of them and yet all three were top 25 last year and will assumedly get better with experience. In drafts so far, it appears a bit of a toss-up between Williams and Clayton, even though Evans had the most TDs last year.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy Williams. In most mocks he is going a round or so later than Clayton. He missed two or three games last year, and played the whole second half of the season hurt. He has the most upside of any of the three.

i like all three, but there's too many options in Detroit and i don't trust Harrington. i'd feel better if Garcia was in there to start the year.

in Buffalo, the rookie QB is gonna take time to develop.

so i'm going with Clayton. he's the clear #1 there even though its only his 2nd year and Gruden loves him. however, if for some reason Simms gets a shot at starting, Clayton has no advantage over the other two.

Roy Williams.  In most mocks he is going a round or so later than Clayton.  He missed two or three games last year, and played the whole second half of the season hurt.  He has the most upside of any of the three.

834894[/snapback]

Wrong. There just won't be enough balls to go around in Detroit. It's funny how everyone has forgotten how good Charles Rogers is. He was a better prospect coming out of college than Roy, in my opinion. Plus, he's shown he can be productive in the NFL -- when he's been healthy.

Williams put up all his numbers when he was the only viable pass-catching threat on the field. Rogers is back, they have a productive TE now in Pollard, and Mike Williams will certainly get plenty of looks in the red zone.

If people are down on Rogers -- and, consequently, high on Roy Williams -- because they're expecting another collarbone injury, they're going to make a mistake on draft day.

I have to go with Clayton, he's in the best position to put up the #'s. More so than the other two anyway. Detroit with Rogers hopefully playing more than one play and with the drafting of M.Williams who knows who'll come out on top, Roy or Charles.

Evans, well he's in the worst situation of them all with the rookie QB and McGahee running 80% of the downs.

Wrong. There just won't be enough balls to go around in Detroit. It's funny how everyone has forgotten how good Charles Rogers is. He was a better prospect coming out of college than Roy, in my opinion. Plus, he's shown he can be productive in the NFL -- when he's been healthy.

Williams put up all his numbers when he was the only viable pass-catching threat on the field. Rogers is back, they have a productive TE now in Pollard, and Mike Williams will certainly get plenty of looks in the red zone.

If people are down on Rogers -- and, consequently, high on Roy Williams -- because they're expecting another collarbone injury, they're going to make a mistake on draft day.

834914[/snapback]

You are nuts, Roy Williams is a beast, and Rogers is a bust. It wouldnt surprise me if Kevin Johnson didnt start over Charles Rogers.

834914[/snapback]

Most people projected that Roy would go before Rogers had he entered the draft. Rogers hasn't proven anything, other than he can't take a hit. There are still some serious questions about his health, and more than likely he will be cut after this year.

Mike Williams will get some looks, but he will also free up Roy more. Mike is another Keyshawn, plain and simple.

I agree with you on the QB though. I'd love to see Garcia throwing the rock to Roy.

You are nuts, Roy Williams is a beast, and Rogers is a bust.  It wouldnt surprise me if Kevin Johnson didnt start over Charles Rogers.

834937[/snapback]

Rogers may not be a bust, but Roy certainly is a beast. Rogers college days don't apply after 2 injury plagued years. I still like Roy over Clayton even though Cadillac will help.

Clayton is the man in Tampa. I do, however, think Rogers could have a good year. I've seen collar bones sometimes heal funny and break a second time fairly easily. Assuming it healed okay this time, then he could be really good.

Michael Clayton, without hesitation. I saw every game he played last year and he is the real deal. Good size, good speed, great hands, disciplined route runner and he knows what to do with it after he catches it.

Editted: To change Mark to Michael and to let everyone know that I had just finished reading about Mark and I am not a complete idiot.

Edited by BS Miscreant

I would have to say Mark Clayton would be my choice. He is the clear cut #1 in Tampa and now that they have the cadillac as well he could put up some huge numbers. He had the yardage last year but his TD's were a little lacking.

You are nuts, Roy Williams is a beast, and Rogers is a bust.  It wouldnt surprise me if Kevin Johnson didnt start over Charles Rogers.

834937[/snapback]

I hope you are kidding when you say that, Kevin Johnson could do anything on a team with no WR's last year. That guy is gawdaweful

I would have to say Mark Clayton would be my choice. He is the clear cut #1 in Tampa and now that they have the cadillac as well he could put up some huge numbers. He had the yardage last year but his TD's were a little lacking.

835001[/snapback]

Not to state the obvious, but you guys realize that Mark Clayton and Michael Clayton are two different people yes ? Michael Clayton is in his second year, so no reason really to talk about Mark Clayton in this post. That being said, I would take Michael Clayton simply because Gruden is all over his jock and will do everything to get him tons of touches. If Drew was still in Buffalo, I would consider Evans but the two plays I saw with J.P. in the game last year he tripped and fumbled on one play and the other play he hit an opposing linebacker in the numbers for an INT. I don't trust this kid in his first year as a starter. Too many options in Detroit. Michael Clayton is the man.

Not to state the obvious, but you guys realize that Mark Clayton and Michael Clayton are two different people yes ?  Michael Clayton is in his second year, so no reason really to talk about Mark Clayton in this post.  That being said, I would take Michael Clayton simply because Gruden is all over his jock and will do everything to get him tons of touches.  If Drew was still in Buffalo, I would consider Evans but the two plays I saw with J.P. in the game last year he tripped and fumbled on one play and the other play he hit an opposing linebacker in the numbers for an INT.  I don't trust this kid in his first year as a starter.  Too many options in Detroit.  Michael Clayton is the man.

835030[/snapback]

It is obvious that I did mean Michael Clayton and not Mark. Sorry for any confusion.

I'm not sure if people are being funny by calling him Mark Clayton, or not.

I had the fortune of drafting Mike Clayton last year in my local, and nobody knew who this guy was. He turned out to be a great pick. I'm interested in knowing what role they play him in, since Galloway won't get injured until week 3 or so, and Hilliard coming in as a possession type (a role that Clayton really excelled in last year).

If you are a conservative guy, Clayton is your choice. If we're taking a risk and want a higher upside, I'm going for Williams. He will be used in ways that Rogers won't, which will gather him more looks at the shorter TD receptions, and he's earned the eyebrow raising in games, not on a practice field. Let's remember, his numbers were basically earned during part time duty and/or on one leg.

Evans will suffer the most with the pseudo rookie throwing the ball.

Not to state the obvious, but you guys realize that Mark Clayton and Michael Clayton are two different people yes ? 

835030[/snapback]

Thanks for the correction. Simple brainfart. I editted that post accordingly.

Take a peek outside the Big 10 once in a whille.

835004[/snapback]

I rarely watch Big 10 slow, boring, ball.

And I hate the Longhorns, but now that Roy is a Lion, hes alright.... :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan