[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which 2nd year WR do you take first?

DMD

Which reciever would you draft first?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Which reciever would you draft first?

• Roy Williams
    • Lee Evans
    • Michael Clayton

Gruden has always made receivers productive, ever since he resurrected Irving Fryar in Philly.

Detroit has too many options, the only position player worth a pick is probably K Jones as there's too much risk with Harrington and who he finds as his target.

Lee Evans will suffer in JP learning curve, and there's no telling how big or small that might be.

Safest pick is Clayton based on his coach and scheme.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gruden has always made receivers productive, ever since he resurrected Irving Fryar in Philly.

Detroit has too many options, the only position player worth a pick is probably K Jones as there's too much risk with Harrington and who he finds as his target.

Lee Evans will suffer in JP learning curve, and there's no telling how big or small that might be.

Safest pick is Clayton based on his coach and scheme.

835117[/snapback]

What he said. :D

i could be wrong, but hasn't roy williams had ankle and hamstring problems throughout his pro/college career? i know he missed a lot of time last year b/c of the ankle injury and i recall reading somewhere that he had that problem before. also, he had hamstring problems at texas.

Roy, no question. And I own Clayton in my home keeper league. But Roy is simply too talented to fail. And with plenty of other talent on the Detroit offense, he is going to have a chance to make plays.

Of course, as a Longhorns homer, I'm probably biased. :D

I think it is real close between Clayton and Roy Williams only because Williams has the opportunity to catch more TD's due to his jumping ability. I would go with Clayton because he is the man in Tampa and proved that he can carry the load last season when he was pretty much the only option they had. A healthy Galloway and a new Caddy should make him a beast this season.

I voted for Clayton, although I think all three may suffer Sophmore Slumps.

The Harrington/Garcia saga may complicate things in Detroit, not to mention the addition of Mike Williams, who very well may be a red zone TD vulture. I have him in 2 leagues with hopes he grabs 8-10 TDs. Add in the fact Rogers should be back, and healthy... Roy Williams honestly isn't suited for the WC offense, either. I could see him at or around 900 yards and 5 TDs. Maybe more if M. Williams doesn't quickly grasp Detroit's game and/or if Rogers goes down (again) with injury.

I will avoid Evans at all costs, unless it's a dynasty league situation where I can bench him and hope he and Losman get a good groove. Losman's gonna develop slowly, unless the Bills brass knows something big the rest of us have no clue about. I'd be shocked if he compiles more than 850 yards and 4-5 TDs.

Clayton, on the other hand, is on an IMPROVING offense, so should see numbers similar to last season's. Perhaps he has a slight drop-off, as opposing defensive coordinators now have film on him. I can see 1,200 yards and 8 TDs as a strong possibility.

I think Clayton is the most logical pick.

However, I think no Bledsoe is a good thing for Evans. Dude's been past his prime forever. Evans is a true burner. I can't remember the stats, but the average distance on his TD's was pretty impressive if memory serves me correctly.

Oh and as a Lions homer, I'm rooting for Williams.

I like Clayton here. I think last year was an anomoly for Gruden's offense. They'l' bounce back this year and Clayton will be a big part of that.

Detroit will always be Detroit. They'll show flashes of brilliance and suck the other 10-12 games.

Not sure what Evans will do with J.P. running the show. Odds are that he'll struggle in his first year of P.T.

I think was torn between Clayton and Williams. I don't think you could go wrong with either. Although Clayton seems to be the "safe" pick I decided to go with Williams. I was really impressed with this kid last year in the games I got to watch. He ran pretty good routes and caught everything that came close to him. With the good young WR's in Detroit, Williams may see more single coverage throughout the year than clayton.

I rarely watch Big 10 slow, boring,  ball.

And I hate the Longhorns, but now that Roy is a Lion, hes alright....  :D

835111[/snapback]

I'm retarded...I meant Big 12. As in, stop being a Big 12 homer (Longhorns hater or not) and recognize some of the talent in the other conferences.

In fact, by admitting you don't watch Big 10 ball, you're proving my point that you have no idea how good Charles Rogers is. You'll see this year. :D

I don't think that an increase in numbers for Clayton is a given. Last year, he was forced into more productivity than normal. Galloway got hurt in week 1, and then missed the following 6 weeks. The other expected starter, Jurevicious didn't step onto the field until the end of October.

So, Clayton stepped up, because who were the other options? Charles Lee? Tim Brown?

The people that make the argument that Williams is going to have to share don't take into account that Clayton didn't have to share at all last year, and Roy's numbers were low.

Receptions/yardage may favor Clayton, but I'd bet TD's favor Williams, and the upside IMO is with Roy.

I have liked Clayton since he was in college. The year he had in 2004 did nothing but remind me of all the qualities I liked about the kid. Faded a little bit in the last few weeks, but the Bucs faded overall and that's about the time most college guys hit the wall anyway. Think he is in for a great year as long as his QB situation remains stable.

Good question. I am sky high on Clayton and Williams this year. I think both will put up big numbers. I voted Clayton but I could have just as easily voted Williams. Evans is a little further behind those two with an inexperienced qb behind center.

So, Clayton stepped up, because who were the other options? Charles Lee? Tim Brown?

835720[/snapback]

And that point can help Clayton this year because he will not be double covered as much. He proved he could do it as a rookie and can do it better as a spohmore.

Clayton didn't have to share at all last year, and Roy's numbers were low.

835720[/snapback]

I hear a lot of people using the above line of thinking as a Clayton negative when in fact it's not really accurate.

Below is some info I posted in another thread regarding a similar comment.

The last 9 games all key figures(Galloway, Jurevicius, Pittman, Alstott, Dilger) were in the line-up and contributing. 

Why the last 9 games are significant...

Clayton's numbers through week 7

37 catches/505yds/2TDs  =  5.2/72/.28 per game

Clayton's numbers the last 9 weeks

43 catches/688yds/5TDs  =  4.7/76/.55 per game

2 of the 3 significant stats went up.  What does this mean?

Depending how you view the stats...

Best case - More talent around him actually impoved his game

Worst case - It made no significant difference

827054[/snapback]

...Clayton...  Faded a little bit in the last few weeks, but the Bucs faded overall and that's about the time most college guys hit the wall anyway.

835810[/snapback]

I realize that overall you gave a positive review of Clayton but I don't agree with your "faded" remark. The last 4 games of the season he averaged a TD, nearly 5 catches and 88 yds per game.

Edited by BS Miscreant

Detroit will always be Detroit.  They'll show flashes of brilliance and suck the other 10-12 games.

835687[/snapback]

Ahem. Why do people always forget that this is the year that the Lions win the SuperBowl?

I would have to say Mark Clayton would be my choice. He is the clear cut #1 in Tampa and now that they have the cadillac as well he could put up some huge numbers. He had the yardage last year but his TD's were a little lacking.

835001[/snapback]

I agree and after that I'd rank Williams over Evans.

It is obvious that I did mean Michael Clayton and not Mark. Sorry for any confusion.

835035[/snapback]

Sorry T bone, didn't mean anything by it ...just wanted to clear it up, I could easily have made the same mistake.

I'm retarded...I meant Big 12. As in, stop being a Big 12 homer (Longhorns hater or not) and recognize some of the talent in the other conferences.

In fact, by admitting you don't watch Big 10 ball, you're proving my point that you have no idea how good Charles Rogers is. You'll see this year.  :D

835694[/snapback]

AND Lee Evans ! Had to throw in a Wisco plug. I've been high on this kid since he was drafted, although I have to admit I didn't expect the numbers he had last year from him as a rook.

I would go Clayton, Williams, Evans ... If Roy didn't have other competing WR's and a better than average passing game I would give him the first nod, but I think Clayton will outproduce Roy even though Roy is amazing at catching the ball. I just don't think Evans will outproduce either of them, but a lot of that will depend on how good Losman gels with the Bills passing game. We already know McGahee can run which both helps and hinders Evans production.

In fact, by admitting you don't watch Big 10 ball, you're proving my point that you have no idea how good Charles Rogers is. You'll see this year.  :D

835694[/snapback]

Ive seen enough Big 10 ball to know its over-rated, and the defense is good because the offense is so bad.

Ive seen enough Big 10 ball to know its over-rated, and the defense is good because the offense is so bad.

835908[/snapback]

Thats what everyone said when Ohio State went up against Miami for the championship. I can't seem to remember how that turned out .......

:D

Ahem.  Why do people always forget that this is the year that the Lions win the SuperBowl?

835824[/snapback]

Host. Not win...host. I'll give you credit though, you did get most of that sentence right. :D