[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Menudo's 2005 NFL Predictinos

Menudo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't the title of this thread be "What whole season NFL scenario can I contrive that will end with the Steelers winning it all" ?

870299[/snapback]

:D If the Tuna would just listen to me the Cowboys should be winning the Super Bowl this year.

Shouldn't the title of this thread be "What whole season NFL scenario can I contrive that will end with the Steelers winning it all" ?

870299[/snapback]

:D

Just flip the SB score and your right on :D , and to answer a question- The Panthers are without a doubt Super Bowl contenders, they would have challenged for the title last year, but alas the injury bug. Even through it all, they only missed the PO by one game last year. The real question should be..." Why do people think the Panthers are not one of the front runners...", now that would be a much better question. Teams will stuggle to score over ten(10) points against the Panther D this year, and I assure you that the Panthers O will average 20+ a game. This Defense is set to dominate...and it will. :D

Teams will stuggle to score over ten(10) points against the Panther D this year,  This Defense is set to dominate...and it will.

871221[/snapback]

Agreed!
I assure you that the Panthers O will average 20+ a game.

871221[/snapback]

That's not the type of offensive game either Fox or especially Dan "Ground" Henning want.

They didn't put together a stable of backs like Stephen Davis, DeShaun Foster, Nick Goings, Brad Hoover & Eric Shelton and build a dominat D, just to play Air Coryell type ball.

Highly doubtful they avg 20+ per game. :D

I like the Panthers well enough, but ever since they've come into existence, their achilles heel has always been and always will be, the Atlanta FalCANS.

Don't see anything changing this year.

I expect the FalCANS to win the NFC South again, with the Panthers definitely getting a Wild Card

:D Everyone keeps forgetting about the BEST team in the NFC. Not the team that "has a good chance," not a "front runner," but the VERY BEST the NFC has to offer. And that team my friends, is still, the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES!! :D

Just flip the SB score and your right on :D , and to answer a question- The Panthers are without a doubt Super Bowl contenders, they would have challenged for the title last year, but alas the injury bug. Even through it all, they only missed the PO by one game last year. The real question should be..." Why do people think the Panthers are not one of the front runners...", now that would be a much better question. Teams will stuggle to score over ten(10) points against the Panther D this year, and I assure you that the Panthers O will average 20+ a game. This Defense is set to dominate...and it will. :D

871221[/snapback]

Panther Dave, I love the homer info, and tend to agree that the Panthers are a playoff-team. If not for all the injuries last year they would have made it then, too. I just don't see them getting over the hump of the Falcons yet to be that dominant. Heck, in Vick's broken-ankle year, they SB year for the cats, the Falcons came to your house and shoved TJ down your throat. On paper, and barring injury, all the other teams in the division got better. I also agree with your view of the Panther O, if they need it. If that D holds folks to under 10/game, then they will run, run and run some more though. I just don't see you having it both ways.

:D  Everyone keeps forgetting about the BEST team in the NFC.  Not the team that "has a good chance," not a "front runner," but the VERY BEST the NFC has to offer.  And that team my friends, is still, the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES!!  :D

872007[/snapback]

Agreed. If TO comes back and plays all year, they are still the class of the NFC. That being said, enough other teams in the NFC have made moves that could give the eagles some fits. I think the Panthers, Falcons and Cowboys could give the birds fits, and the foreskins aren't far behind if that D plays like last year.

umm, excuse me there Prime but I believe the word you are looking for there is Supposably.  :D

870089[/snapback]

Supposedly :D

:D  Everyone keeps forgetting about the BEST team in the NFC.  Not the team that "has a good chance," not a "front runner," but the VERY BEST the NFC has to offer.  And that team my friends, is still, the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES!!  :D

872007[/snapback]

Good point Fitzy, but I didn't forget about them, I just have them losing pre-AFC Championship game. It isn't like I picked them 5-11 or anything. Also Fitz, don't be surprised if the little one that is on the way looks a little like Menudo....... :D

Below were your (Menudo's) picks going into last year's playoffs:

AFC Divisional:

Pittsburgh 24

San Diego 13

Indianapolis 31

New England 24

NFC Championship:

Atlanta 27

Seattle 17

AFC Championship:

Pittsburgh 27

Indianapolis 23

Super Bowl:

Pittsburgh 34

Atlanta 20

Hmmm, comparing that to this years picks, I see some glaring similarities.

- Pats eliminated in the divisional round.

- AFC Champinionship: This year - Pitt 27 Indy 24. Last year - Pitt 27 Indy 23 :D

As a Pats fan, I hope these work out as well as last years picks. :D

Edited by charty

I really disagree with the dolphins only winning 3 games. they were a team that should have won at leat 7 games last year if not for Wannstedt being one of the worst coaches in the game. With Saban this team should win about 8 or 9 games... and if Ricky stays clean and splits time with Brown that could really be interesting.

Below were your (Menudo's) picks going into last year's playoffs:

AFC Divisional:

Pittsburgh 24

San Diego 13

Indianapolis 31

New England 24

NFC Championship:

Atlanta 27

Seattle 17

AFC Championship:

Pittsburgh 27

Indianapolis 23

Super Bowl:

Pittsburgh 34

Atlanta 20

Hmmm, comparing that to this years picks, I see some glaring similarities.

- Pats eliminated in the divisional round.

- AFC Champinionship:  This year - Pitt 27 Indy 24.  Last year - Pitt 27 Indy 23  :D

As a Pats fan, I hope these work out as well as last years picks.  :D

872848[/snapback]

Wow, another one of those Patriots fans. Where were all of you guys 10 years ago..... ? :D

I did my season today and this is how came out for the playoffs: (The system errs on the side of teams going .500 so I rarely get 13+ team wins)

AFC SOUTH Indianapolis 12-4 (#1 seed)

NORTH Baltimore 12-4 (#2 seed)

Cincinnati 10-6 (#5 seed)

Pitsburgh 9-7 (#6 seed)

EAST New England 10-6 (#3 seed)

WEST Denver 9-7 (#4 seed)

NFC WEST St. Louis 11-5 (#1 seed)

Arizona 8-8 (#6 seed)

SOUTH Atlanta 10-6 (#2 seed)

Carolina 10-6 (#5 seed)

NORTH Minnesota 10-6 (#3 seed)

EAST Philadelphia 10-6 (#4 seed)

AFC Wild Card

Cincy over Denver

NE over Pitt

NFC Wild Card

Minny over AZ

Philly over Carolina

AFC Division

Indy over Cincy

Balt over NE

NFC Division

St. Lou over Philly

Minny over Atlanta

AFC Champ

Indy over Balt

NFC Champ

Minny over St. Lou (I don't have a real good reason for this result other than I like the thought of Moss pouting at home with his former team playing in the SB.)

Super-Duper Bowl

Indy over Minny

That's the way I see it right now.

I did my season today and this is how came out for the playoffs:  (The system errs on the side of teams going .500 so I rarely get 13+ team wins)

AFC SOUTH  Indianapolis  12-4  (#1 seed)

NORTH  Baltimore      12-4  (#2 seed)

Cincinnati      10-6  (#5 seed)

Pitsburgh        9-7  (#6 seed)

EAST      New England  10-6  (#3 seed)

WEST     Denver          9-7    (#4 seed)

NFC WEST      St. Louis      11-5  (#1 seed)

Arizona        8-8  (#6 seed)

SOUTH    Atlanta        10-6  (#2 seed)

Carolina      10-6  (#5 seed)

NORTH    Minnesota    10-6  (#3 seed)

EAST      Philadelphia  10-6  (#4 seed)

AFC Wild Card

Cincy over Denver

NE over Pitt

NFC Wild Card

Minny over AZ

Philly over Carolina

AFC Division

Indy over Cincy

Balt over NE

NFC Division

St. Lou over Philly

Minny over Atlanta

AFC Champ

Indy over Balt

NFC Champ

Minny over St. Lou (I don't have a real good reason for this result other than I like the thought of Moss pouting at home with his former team playing in the SB.)

Super-Duper Bowl

Indy over Minny

That's the way I see it right now.

874207[/snapback]

IF! Holmes stays healthy and Moss maintains his composure(asking alot out of both) Denver will not even breathe near playoff potential...I like KC in the West..and the Cards at 8-8 (a reach, but possible) won't make it as Seahawks will most likely be 9-7 and get that last seed....don't see Ravens making it to the AFC Championship..feel like Colts have best chance and my favorite dark horse KC to make noise at playoff time(provided Holmes is healthy)...don't see Cincy being Div. champ...poss wildcard, but not Division! No way both Minny and Rams are in NFC Championship...one or the other is possible, but not both...

Neat thing is anyone can predict or critique a prediction..the proof in the pudding is following these predictions at the end of the year and saying how good or foolish we are .. :D:D