[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hot Dogs

Chief Dick

Watched something on the Travel Channel the other day about where in the US makes great hot dogs. Can't remember the place, but they made a deep-fried hot dog cooked in vegetable oil. Looked pretty interesting.

Got me thinking about what all the food people here did to their hot dogs (food, people, food....sickos).

One guy I know turned me on to putting peanut butter and mustard on a grilled hot dog. I know it sounds funny, but it's pretty freaking tasty.

Anyone ever tried to deep fried dog?

Watched something on the Travel Channel the other day about where in the US makes great hot dogs. Can't remember the place, but they made a deep-fried hot dog cooked in vegetable oil. Looked pretty interesting.

Got me thinking about what all the food people here did to their hot dogs (food, people, food....sickos). 

One guy I know turned me on to putting peanut butter and mustard on a grilled hot dog. I know it sounds funny, but it's pretty freaking tasty.

Anyone ever tried to deep fried dog?

1159258[/snapback]

.......not beyond a corndog

work in Manhattan for last 14 years ...and nothing beats a NYC hot dog right from the street vendor ..hot dog is plain and simple and good

There is a place in Manhattan ( gotta find the name ) that specializes in only hot dogs with over 30 ways to dress them up ( crazy condiments )

Nothing better than a Nathan's dog. I love the one's wtih the casings on them. Fro some reason casings is a Eastern region thing. You can't get dogs with casings in Colorado, unless you order from the butcher. But I like the crunch when you bite into a Nathan's and all the juices stay inside.... mmmmmm

I usually eschew hot dogs in favor of this delicious little concoction known as a cheddarwurst - beef sausage w/cheddar inside it; grill it (GOTTA be grilled), put some spicy bbq sauce and Koop's Arizona Heat mustard (Koop's is doing great things in the mustard biz these days) and enjoy.

i used to live aqbout 5 minutes away from the original Nathans in Coney Island ...and those dogs are king of the hill

:D

1160298[/snapback]

They sure are brotha. Nothing beats a Nathan's Original.

Ballpark hotdog loaded with mustard is the best, followed closely by a Home Depot hot dog with mustard, onions, and kraut, lastly is the 7-11 hot dog with mustard and sometimes chili.

Seriously though, have to have my dog loaded with mustard and prefer Onion and / or Kraut when available. Chili sometimes. There's some place in Toledo (about an hour away) that is some Hot Dog joint I guess. Always see the sign on I-75 / I-280 but just have never taken the time to stop.

Seriously though, have to have my dog loaded with mustard and prefer Onion and / or Kraut when available.  Chili sometimes.    There's some place in Toledo (about an hour away) that is some Hot Dog joint I guess.  Always see the sign on I-75 / I-280 but just have never taken the time to stop.

1161967[/snapback]

Doesn't Jamie Farr (MASH)have some kinda of hotdog or hamburg joint there?

Nothing better than a Nathan's dog. I love the one's wtih the casings on them.

1160294[/snapback]

As a kid my family would vacation down in Atlantic City. There was a Nathan's on the Boardwalk. I used to love those dogs and would lobby to eat dinner there. However, I've had a Nathan's dog or two from one of the chain's and they are no where near what they used to have in Atlantic City.

I wonder if the original Nathan's has gone down hill?

When we want hot dogs, we go here.

"Old style" decor inside, like most are. I'm sure there are better out there.

Parking is for shucks, they have a small lot in the back that holds about 20 cars three deep. Place is packed for lunches and weekends. We used to order a couple hundred for our office to bring in for lunch once in a while when I used to work near this place. People always getting up to move their cars.

My kids eat a lot of hot dogs. But when we go to this place, they always get the burgers. :D

I split them in half (lengthwise) and fry them. Then place two split and fried dogs on a couple of pieces of buttered toast. Pretty tasty!

And I agree with the Hebrew Nationals sentiment (and I am not Jewish). When they have to be kosher, you know you are getting the best quality for a hot dog.