[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LT...

Flip_Side

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno guys. I wouldn't want my #1 pick out of the game when my team makes its final drive.

Makes you wonder if he was dinged up or if Norv really does plan to use a near time share. One of the reasons you always have to take pre-season/training camp coach speak with a grain of salt.

Edited by bushwacked

sproles 2.x ypc. lt 4.2. right, its LTs fault.

Don't drink and post.

LT has lost at least a step if not 2 - his stats might be OK in the end but he is clearly a shell of his former self. Heck Sproles was darting in and out of that same D the way LT used to. Looks like a lot more sharing than I would've expected. And hardly a sniff receiving-wise.

D Williams might "bust" too but I'm glad I took him over LT. Course I should have taken Moss over both like I told myself I would but that "gotta have a top RB" thing dies hard :wacko:

I still can't bear to take Moss. Stupid, really. I don't think I ever drafted him, but I watched everyone else get burned too many times. Instead I have LT and Calvin Johnson. I thought splitting between top RB and top WR was ideal. That worked out well for Week 1. :wacko:

I survived my opponent's Brady/Moss assault (he drafted at the 1/2 turn and picked those two) with point deficiency that LT could have reasonably covered, didn't need to be a huge night at all, just an average one.

Drafting 8th (10-team), I had already figured if LT fell to me I was taking him, although I didn't think the first 7 picks would go that way. Fitz and Andre Johnson were gone, and Brees right before me, and the 4 RB you would probably expect (AD, MJD, Forte, Turner).

Apparently there is an ankle injury, which could be good in that it explains some of why LT was not in, but obviously also bad if he's not going to be able to stay healthy.

The 1st game definitly showed RBBC. LT was always the best all around back. With him on the sidelines on that last drive just shows Sproles will see a lot of action this year. I am hoping he will see more carries each week, but we may see him on the bench if they have a decent lead. In years past they would feed him the ball.

Saying LT has lost a step isn't a revelation. He's not 25 anymore. That said...

the Raider D showed up big time. They were in Rivers face all night until they went shotgun/2 minute drill. Hardwick at center and the rookie Vasquez at right guard went down.

Gates dropped a pretty easy first down. LT fumbled for the first time since October 2006.

The Raiders were pumped for their home opener against a division rival. So yeah, drop all your Chargers now :wacko:

Slower to the line of scrimmage...check

Splitting carries,, check

Out on most passing situations...check

Already injured....check

I'm with you guys who are feeling very nervous about my first round LT pick right now.

Doesn't LT have a thing for starting the season off to a slow start?

I wouldn't worry too much yet. He did sprain his ankle and still managed a TD and a high YPC on a defense that SHOWED up to play, especially in the first half where LT was playing the most of his action.

And, it's only week 1

LT kept taking himself out of the game. We thought maybe he had the flu and kept it quiet or something. :wacko:

A turned ankle makes sense.

So much for the "Chargers to the SB" cheers this year.....I thought they looked pretty awful (with or without LT). Sproles on the kickoffs and punts was a bright spot. How many OLinemen did they lose last night? The center was carted off......not good. And all the Merriman-hype......Cooper cleaned up his misses. The defense just looked lost. Anyone better than Russell (pretty much everyone) would have torched them last night for another 21 points.

You know.....hats off the Oakland and Buffalo. :D I'm sure every one of us rolled our eyes at the first MNF lineup. Two blowouts was the consensus......even though they were divisional games.....right? I honestly thought the two underdogs deserved to win both games......too bad.

LT kept taking himself out of the game. We thought maybe he had the flu and kept it quiet or something. :wacko:

A turned ankle makes sense.

So much for the "Chargers to the SB" cheers this year.....I thought they looked pretty awful (with or without LT). Sproles on the kickoffs and punts was a bright spot. How many OLinemen did they lose last night? The center was carted off......not good. And all the Merriman-hype......Cooper cleaned up his misses. The defense just looked lost. Anyone better than Russell (pretty much everyone) would have torched them last night for another 21 points.

You know.....hats off the Oakland and Buffalo. :D I'm sure every one of us rolled our eyes at the first MNF lineup. Two blowouts was the consensus......even though they were divisional games.....right? I honestly thought the two underdogs deserved to win both games......too bad.

Heck, Buffalo had the game won. All the guy had to do was down the football in the end zone.

Guys! SD paid Sproles $6.621M for a one year contract in April. You don't pay a RB that kind of money unless you intend to use him for more than returning kicks and occassional spelling of the bell cow.

You can expect LT to share this much of his workload with Sproles throughout the season - hell, LT even stated that at this point in his career he welcomed it because he'll be healthier and will be ready when the playoffs come around. And if you didn't see this coming, shame on you for not paying attention.

Guys! SD paid Sproles $6.621M for a one year contract in April. You don't pay a RB that kind of money unless you intend to use him for more than returning kicks and occassional spelling of the bell cow.

You can expect LT to share this much of his workload with Sproles throughout the season - hell, LT even stated that at this point in his career he welcomed it because he'll be healthier and will be ready when the playoffs come around. And if you didn't see this coming, shame on you for not paying attention.

:wacko:

I didn't see a sprained ankle coming week 1

Edited by MrTed46

LT was coming off the field on 3rd downs in the early drives for Sproles to be the pass catcher... that used to be LT's job and bread n butter. LT got hurt in the first game this season... last year that was a month or so in and he was never 'right' after that. He is clearly older, slower, and sharing time with a younger faster back. He will still have value, but it looks like the dings will continue, and Sproles will see significant action whether LT is healthy or not... (and certainly when he's not... which I expect more and more now)

It's only one game, and he'll definitely have fantasy value... but he's not a RB1 on my board anymore, and I'm glad I steered clear of him. I don't see any 30+ yard scampers to the endzone in his future.

The Chargers offense looked out of tune, period. LT and Sproles did split the rushing but what is really odd is Sproles playing on 3rd downs and being target for 7 times against LT's 3. It's only the 1st game and BTW the Raiders defense looked pretty dang fast or maybe the Chargers were slow, or both... :wacko: Pretty interesting 1st week overall.