[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Daughters audition in Chicago

whomper

Great story Whomper. Your daughter sounds like kid very comfortable in her skin. Pretty hard to come by these days.

My daughter is a sophomore film student at SMU. She is doing a great job seizing her opportunities, such as making student films and working crew on every pro film made in the DFW/OK area.

She worked last summer as an intern for the AFI in Hollywood and had a great experience, working on several films and with multiple directors. She got to meet Eastwood, Spike Lee, Spielberg, Hellen Mirren, and many others. She's having a blast. She has no desire to be in front of the camera, but wants to write, direct, produce. Someday, you and I might attend the same premiere and see our girls' name in lights.

Great story Whomper. Your daughter sounds like kid very comfortable in her skin. Pretty hard to come by these days.

My daughter is a sophomore film student at SMU. She is doing a great job seizing her opportunities, such as making student films and working crew on every pro film made in the DFW/OK area.

She worked last summer as an intern for the AFI in Hollywood and had a great experience, working on several films and with multiple directors. She got to meet Eastwood, Spike Lee, Spielberg, Hellen Mirren, and many others. She's having a blast. She has no desire to be in front of the camera, but wants to write, direct, produce. Someday, you and I might attend the same premiere and see our girls' name in lights.

:wacko: That would be awesome. Good luck to your daughter , she sounds passionate about what she wants to do :tup:

• 3 months later...
We are in Chicago at an industry event to showcase new talent to talent agencies. My daughter is an aspiring actress. She had 3 things to perform today. The best one for her was an open 1 minute that they gave the kids to do whatever they wanted. Most kids did monologues. My kid created these crazy characters so we decided to make her routine more of a stand up comedy . We couldnt get very close to tape so some of the audio may not be so clear. The 2 characters she created are

1. Her Grandmother doing Saturday Night Fever

2. A crazy Cop questioning a criminal

She got big really big applause and the agents where cracking up. The one guy in the lower left corner whose head goes down in laughter was from MTV. Tonight she has an open call where she gets to meet the agents. She is going to that with my wife. Tomorrow we find out if she gets any callbacks from the agencies we auditioned for. We could actually get call backs tonight at the open call. No matter what we are so proud of this kid. She has no real experience and did a great job in all 3 of her auditions today. She cracked up the room with the monologue

Good luck to her. There is no better feeling than being proud of your child.

Good luck to her. There is no better feeling than being proud of your child.

Thank you. Since this was bumped. The update is that the film is done and in editing. We are waiting for a release date. You arent really allowed to contact them directly so you just have to kind of wait it out. We do have a woman on the inside that updates us whenever she can. As soon as I know more I will let you guys know

We also have some potential really big news but its too early to comment on that yet and I dont want to jinx it. You guys will be first to know. Thanks again for all of your support for her. I told her she got a lot of votes for best thread from my huddle friends and it made her smile. We have a surprise for you guys that will be ready in a few weeks because she wanted to show her appreciation.

Thanks for the birthday wishes for her Ted. She turned 11 today :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

Update

So the first movie is done. We are just waiting for them to call and tell us when the premiere is and when it will be released. Its a little frustrating because you arent allowed to call them. I guess I can understand that because you would have parents and actors calling all the time so we just have to wait it out.. I will keep you guys posted for sure.

As I mentioned previously in this thread we have a very good family friend that has been our mentor through this whole thing. He has been friends with my wife for over 20 years. Hes a great guy and he is a pretty successful producer. He had told us that he was going to look out for my daughter and he has a very big production that is supposed to happen later this year that hit a little bit of a snag . So we have just been laying low and waiting. We had planned on updating her photos for her headshots and comp cards and I have been taking her to work shops to build up her resume (we did an improv one last night that was pretty good)

So get this

Thursday night our friend calls my wife and tells her to make sure Rafaella is available this entire weekend because he has a part for her in a movie he is shooting right now ! He has all of her pictures and he told my wife he had a flashback scene in this movie and thought Rafaella had a great look for this black and white scene that would flash back to 1920. She will have lines. We arent sure how many but he said she will have lines. I honestly dont know anything about the movie. I dont know who is in it, if it is expected to be in Theatres or dvd but she is there right now with my wife on the set. She will be there all day today and tomorrow. Its is a SAG movie so this would complete her eligibility for SAG once these 2 films come out. He said her name will definitely be in the credits

She cracked me up yesterday because she is so excited but she said she is always a flashback :wacko: she said the first movie she is in 1979 , this she is 1920. she said will I ever get a part where its the present :tup: But she is just so thrilled and for this to come out of nowhere is very very awesome. As I know more I will let you guys know . Thanks again for all of your support and well wishes for her. She is a sweet and very humble kid and this little roller coaster ride we have been on with her acting has been very exciting . I cant wait until one of these actually comes out so we get to see her in the finished product . Thanks again

Edited by whomper

Update

So the first movie is done. We are just waiting for them to call and tell us when the premiere is and when it will be released. Its a little frustrating because you arent allowed to call them. I guess I can understand that because you would have parents and actors calling all the time so we just have to wait it out.. I will keep you guys posted for sure.

As I mentioned previously in this thread we have a very good family friend that has been our mentor through this whole thing. He has been friends with my wife for over 20 years. Hes a great guy and he is a pretty successful producer. He had told us that he was going to look out for my daughter and he has a very big production that is supposed to happen later this year that hit a little bit of a snag . So we have just been laying low and waiting. We had planned on updating her photos for her headshots and comp cards and I have been taking her to work shops to build up her resume (we did an improv one last night that was pretty good)

So get this

Thursday night our friend calls my wife and tells her to make sure Rafaella is available this entire weekend because he has a part for her in a movie he is shooting right now ! He has all of her pictures and he told my wife he had a flashback scene in this movie and thought Rafaella had a great look for this black and white scene that would flash back to 1920. She will have lines. We arent sure how many but he said she will have lines. I honestly dont know anything about the movie. I dont know who is in it, if it is expected to be in Theatres or dvd but she is there right now with my wife on the set. She will be there all day today and tomorrow. Its is a SAG movie so this would complete her eligibility for SAG once these 2 films come out. He said her name will definitely be in the credits

She cracked me up yesterday because she is so excited but she said she is always a flashback :wacko: she said the first movie she is in 1979 , this she is 1920. she said will I ever get a part where its the present :tup: But she is just so thrilled and for this to come out of nowhere is very very awesome. As I know more I will let you guys know . Thanks again for all of your support and well wishes for her. She is a sweet and very humble kid and this little roller coaster ride we have been on with her acting has been very exciting . I cant wait until one of these actually comes out so we get to see her in the finished product . Thanks again

Great news!!! Has she learned all her set lingo yet?

Great news!!! Has she learned all her set lingo yet?

She has a lot of the main stuff down. She should be OK. Its funny that you mentioned this because this is a bigger production than the first one and a much much bigger set. The first one she filmed was very intimate set with a small crew . This is a big set , from what I am told, being filmed at a Historical landmark in a town about 20 minutes from us. I told her to not be intimidated by it and be confident and proud . I gave her a type of pep talk like Gene Hackman did when he measured the baskets in Hoosiers. I said it may be bigger but when they say action its just you and the camera and you're gonna nail it. My wife is excellent at reading her and keeping her focused and relaxed. The film school she finished and her small on set experience should guide her through . My wife called me from there and said its pretty awesome and that Raffy was more excited than nervous