[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The New Rotoworld Format

michaelredd9

More scrolling and more clicking. Just what every web viewer and software user loves. Not.

Clicks and scrolls take more time and wasted bandwidth. Comes down to more ads.

Who doesn't use an ad blocker nowadays? A good VPN blocks social media links/materials as well. 

Heh, USA Today (Huddle) doesn't allow some countries (well, IPs from them) to view.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’ve been using the site for years as my FF bible and I’m extremely disappointed by the uncalled for change. Classic example of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. I wish there were an alternative but there just isn’t.

Hate it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

LOL.  Those previous comments were regarding the change that happened 2-3 years ago. I had gotten somewhat used to that, and now they changed it again.  This one is awful.  Their NFL depth charts have gone from pretty good, to decent, to a total clusterf#ck.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gopher said:

LOL.  Those previous comments were regarding the change that happened 2-3 years ago. I had gotten somewhat used to that, and now they changed it again.  This one is awful.  Their NFL depth charts have gone from pretty good, to decent, to a total clusterf#ck.  

Lots of places seem to make changes that nobody currently using the product care for. As a software developer I'm baffled by that. Every new round of Windows has a ton of stuff I cannot stand. 

19 hours ago, Gopher said:

I never used their depth charts.... were they accurate?  I've found Ourlads to be the best, honestly.

15 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I never used their depth charts.... were they accurate?

Nope. Lucky if they have all the players per position.

Of course, some sites do objective NFL depth charts while others do subjective fantasy depth charts.

2 hours ago, Riffraff said:

Nope. Lucky if they have all the players per position.

Of course, some sites do objective NFL depth charts while others do subjective fantasy depth charts.

I've used some info from FFtoday.com for years, their depth charts have both styles, one labeled team the other fantasy. 

23 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Lots of places seem to make changes that nobody currently using the product care for. As a software developer I'm baffled by that. Every new round of Windows has a ton of stuff I cannot stand. 

Every new iteration of our electronic medical record system (eCW for those in the business) gets more restrictive.  Used to be customizeable but IT guys hate docs messing stuff up so they just locked everything out.  Now it's far more cumbersome and I easily spend an additional 1-2 office visits in documentation.  I hate IT guys more now than I hate insurance bureaucrats.  I'll lay money that whoever redesigned the site never actually uses it.

5 hours ago, darin3 said:

I never used their depth charts.... were they accurate?  I've found Ourlads to be the best, honestly.

They used to be decent. Not as in-depth as Ourlads, but I liked the fact that they were all on one page.  With the last change, they got worse.  Now, I'm not even sure what they are, but they're definitely not all-inclusive.  

4 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

Every new iteration of our electronic medical record system (eCW for those in the business) gets more restrictive.  Used to be customizeable but IT guys hate docs messing stuff up so they just locked everything out.  Now it's far more cumbersome and I easily spend an additional 1-2 office visits in documentation.  I hate IT guys more now than I hate insurance bureaucrats.  I'll lay money that whoever redesigned the site never actually uses it.

Stereotypes are never good. I "hate" lots of our users, because they cannot articulate what they want and expect me to read their minds. Then they sign a quote for the changes without reading it., and just assume it does everything they want, that they never told me. 

We don't actually user our software, but I do try to not make it unusable.

PS  We tried to make our software foolproof, but fools can be pretty clever. 

On 6/29/2023 at 6:22 PM, stevegrab said:

Stereotypes are never good. I "hate" lots of our users, because they cannot articulate what they want and expect me to read their minds. Then they sign a quote for the changes without reading it., and just assume it does everything they want, that they never told me. 

We don't actually user our software, but I do try to not make it unusable.

PS  We tried to make our software foolproof, but fools can be pretty clever. 

In the case of my parent company, it's well agreed that their IT crew are in way over their heads.  I have been on the EMR system long before we joined the bigger group and I had full access for several years.  And I read the manuals.  Recently with a upgrade things changed and I was told that certain functions were impossible (moreover never possible), but they were things I had been doing for years.  And with the migration to a new platform I wound up explaining how to move templated data.  They were originally planning to just rewrite hundreds, if not thousands of templates.  They locked docs out from creating templates a few years ago but I knew a work around.  In explaining things to them I unfortunately showed my hand.  guess what - the back door got closed.  Now if I need to change the wording in my plan I have to submit a ticket and wait.  At that point I get told they're too busy to address it.  Such A Clusterfck.

13 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

In the case of my parent company, it's well agreed that their IT crew are in way over their heads.  I have been on the EMR system long before we joined the bigger group and I had full access for several years.  And I read the manuals.  Recently with a upgrade things changed and I was told that certain functions were impossible (moreover never possible), but they were things I had been doing for years.  And with the migration to a new platform I wound up explaining how to move templated data.  They were originally planning to just rewrite hundreds, if not thousands of templates.  They locked docs out from creating templates a few years ago but I knew a work around.  In explaining things to them I unfortunately showed my hand.  guess what - the back door got closed.  Now if I need to change the wording in my plan I have to submit a ticket and wait.  At that point I get told they're too busy to address it.  Such A Clusterfck.

Well that blows, glad I don't work for an outfit like that. Sucks that its your own company IT making things difficult. No wonder you have that view, but not all IT teams at all companies are a mess. That's usually a management issue, or some employee with too much power. Microsoft annoys me with many of their updates that make things "better" (not for people who've been using PCs for 30 years).