[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Riddle me this...

irish

Here is the riddle:

There is a bus with 7 girls inside. Each girl has 7 bookbags. Inside each bookbag, there are 7 big cats. Each big cat has 7 small cats. All the cats have 4 legs each.

Question: How many legs are inside of the bus? :D

the only thing you said were on the bus were the girls

7girls x 7 bags x 7 big cats/bag x 4 legs/cat = 1372 big cat legs + 1372x7 = 9604 small cat legs + 7x2 (legs on the girls) = 14 girl legs

1372 + 9604 + 14 = 10990 legs

This was my answer as well BJ. However, I like Thunder Chicken's idea though too. By the way I don't know the answer yet but will be finding it out.

Sounds like another riddle I've heard:

On my way to St. Ives, I met a man with seven wives. Each wife had seven sacks. Each Sack had seven cats. Each cat had seven kittens. Kittens, cats, sacks and wives, how many went to St. Ives?

Who is driving this bus? :D

Thought of that but they didn't say it was moving or that there was a driver involved. So just eliminated the idea of a driver from the equation.

On my way to St. Ives, I met a man with seven wives. Each wife had seven sacks. Each Sack had seven cats. Each cat had seven kittens. Kittens, cats, sacks and wives, how many went to St. Ives?

Just you and that's if you made it.

and the answer to this riddle is 1

the story teller is the only way going to st ives

Here is the riddle:

There is a bus with 7 girls inside. Each girl has 7 bookbags. Inside each bookbag, there are 7 big cats. Each big cat has 7 small cats. All the cats have 4 legs each.

That sounds more like a math problem.

That's a riddle.

How old are the girls? Is this like a College Sorority bus ride? :D:D

I was waiting for a response like this and shocked it took 11 posts in to get it. :wacko:

That sounds more like a math problem.

That's a riddle.

Well the wording of the problem definately has a math problem feel moreso than a riddle. However, if the answer isn't specific as to the straight forward calculations then it's a riddle as there's a not so obvious trick in the wording. Again not sure as it was posed to me and am still waiting for the answer.

Ok, worked it backwards...

There are 32 cat legs per bookbag (8 cats x 4 legs each)

There are 49 bookbags (7 girls x 7 bookbags each)

This equals 1,568

7 girls = 14 legs

So, there are either 1,582 legs or 1,584 legs if you count the bus driver. :D

This is also assuming all these girls are freaking Russian weight lifters since they are each carrying 56 cats inside a bookbag.

Edited by Big Dogs

Here is the riddle:

28 baby cat legs per big cat + 4 cat legs of it's own. 32 cat legs per big cat x7 per book bag = 224 legs per book bag. 7 book bags per girl =1568. 2 legs per girl = 1570. x7 = 10990. That's the math, anyways.

EDIT: for not being able to multiply in my head properly...

Edited by Caveman_Nick

28 baby cat legs per big cat + 4 cat legs of it's own. 32 cat legs per big cat x7 per book bag = 232 legs per book bag. 7 book bags per girl =1624. 2 legs per girl = 1626. x7 = 11382. That's the math, anyways.

:D Are you high already this morning? Big John has the correct math... you have the correct meth.

7 girls - each presumably with 2 legs = 14 legs

49 bags = 0 legs

343 Big Cats - each with 4 legs = 1,372 legs

2,401 Kittens - each with 4 legs = 9,604 legs

14 + 0 + 1,372 + 9,604 = 10,990 legs

Edited by Savage Beatings