[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Observations from Bears vs. Dolphins

Goopster24

How is Mark Bradley looking? I have tuned in for two plays and both were drops.

917204[/snapback]

I didn't see the drops but from what I saw of him, he looked good. It was against the 2nd-3rd string defense but he gets separation from the defenders. I got the impression that he can get to any ball thrown in his area. Good at playing to the ball.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not going to get all misty eyed yet, its only a preseason/exb game which we all know means nothing. BUT, its nice to see the Bears actually get in the enzone a few times.

LBs looked good, DBs looked good. OFL kept Rex protected. I think ill grab Orton too for my dynasty leauge, he looks like he belongs back there even with scrubs in. His passes were crisp and right on.

Jones looked great too, Benson better get in camp or its over. Bradley in the second half looked like Terrell should have looked. If they can't get someone to kickoff past the 20, the other teams FP will be tough to stop the points so they may be behind alot. Brien just doesn't have the leg anymore. :D

Feeley looked really bad, and what was Ricky saying at the half? What a selfish idiot!

Well my friends after watching the game and making my expert analysis, I see a bears super bowl.........but not this year

I like that the bears had slants in there offensive plays, it’s been a while since I seen one from them.....and I did not see the bears do a WR screen play, 2 big factors that bugged me in the past....

I was also surprised with the QB play, from all 3.

Rex also kept over throwing the deep ball, and I did catch a miscommunication between him and M. Mohamed. On a 3rd down play........

Well come back Ron T.!!!!!!

Well my friends after watching the game and making my expert analysis, I see a bears super bowl.........but not this year

I like that the bears had slants in there offensive plays, it’s been a while since I seen one from them.....and I did not see the bears do a WR screen play, 2 big factors that bugged me in the past....

I was also surprised with the QB play, from all 3.

Rex also kept over throwing the deep ball, and I did catch a miscommunication between him and M. Mohamed. On a 3rd down play........

Well come back Ron T.!!!!!!

917577[/snapback]

Right on!

cool avatar too :D

Thoughts...

(1) The Bears first-string O looked pretty decent. Grossman's throws were a little off, but he was effective. Muhammad will put up decent numbers as long as he's healthy. Berrian may be a decent fantasy sleeper. And Thomas Jones played VERY well. It's unfortunate that he gets hurt so often, as he's a very talented back.

(2) The Bears first-string D pretty much dominated. Part of that had to do with the fact that they were playing Miami, but they deserve credit for doing a solid job of disrupting Feeley (especially Urlacher :D ) and stopping the run.

(3) Orton lit it up in the 4th quarter, but also threw a stupid interception that was run back for a TD. He may be NFL starter material some day, but probably not for a couple of years.

(4) Miami's offensive line still looks terrible. Tonight's game lowered both Ronnie Brown and Ricky's draft value.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Thoughts...

(1) The Bears first-string O looked pretty decent.  Grossman's throws were a little off, but he was effective.  Muhammad will put up decent numbers as long as he's healthy.  Berrian may be a decent fantasy sleeper.  And Thomas Jones played VERY well.  It's unfortunate that he gets hurt so often, as he's a very talented back.

(2) The Bears first-string D pretty much dominated.  Part of that had to do with the fact that they were playing Miami, but they deserve credit for doing a solid job of disrupting Feeley (especially Urlacher  :D ) and stopping the run.

(3) Orton lit it up in the 4th quarter, but also threw a stupid interception that was run back for a TD.  He may be NFL starter material some day, but probably not for a couple of years.

(4) Miami's offensive line still looks terrible.  Tonight's game lowered both Ronnie Brown and Ricky's draft value.

917584[/snapback]

I like Rex, but he scares me a bit... im not sure what it is, but im just not sold yet. Maybe the way he floats his passes?

Im glad to see them blitz more too. They have the talent to press, hopefully they'll stay healthy this time.

I like Rex, but he scares me a bit... im not sure what it is, but im just not sold yet. Maybe the way he floats his passes?

Im glad to see them blitz more too. They have the talent to press, hopefully they'll stay healthy this time.

917598[/snapback]

I'm not sold on Rex, either. He's no Marino, but I think that he can be effective if he can stay healthy.

I'm not sold on Rex, either.  He's no Marino, but I think that he can be effective if he can stay healthy.

917601[/snapback]

I disagree with him being labeled as injury prone........i never had any injury in HS and in college.......the first time he went down was in a meaningless game at the end of the season.......and it turns out that the GM jerry Angelo did not want to risk anything by placing him back, if that was a game that mattered they could have taped him up....the second injury was on turf and his cleats got caught in the turf......so in my eyes he got hurt ones in his whole career(HS, college, NFL), and I don’t see that as injury prone

Man, if Bradley could just play against the Miami third stringers all season long, he might be ROY.

917227[/snapback]

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought this. I wasn't much impressed with Bradley dropping balls, but I really did like what I saw from Berrian. Could be a real sleeper this year with Mush drawing coverage.

I know it's garbage time, but Orton looks solid.  Glad I spent the money on him in a dynasty auction.

917230[/snapback]

Looks like he'll make great insurance for Grossman & possibly be the starter in a year or two if Grossman falters.

Orton looks great out there. I know it's against the scrubs, but his throws are right on the money.

I was impressed with the burst of Thomas Jones, he was the quickest guy out there tonight.

917296[/snapback]

Jones looked like he was playing for a job. He was running as if it were the real season. Unfortunately though I think the Bears would prefer the running style of Benson in the end. Jones will end up being relegated to 3rd downs, maybe not right away, but once Benson gets up to speed with the offense.

also i heard on the radio, that the bears already went threw the whole play book about 4 days ago.....and last year it took us(the bears) till the 2nd preseason game......since the bears play 5 preseason games this year they are a lot more ahead that last year.

I didn't notice Columbo much last nite, i was still at the office with the game on tv, but couldnt pay attention to the first qtr much. Did he look ok?

917604[/snapback]

I didn't notice Columbo. I didn't even know he was still on the team. :D

I disagree with him being labeled as injury prone........i never had any injury in HS and in college.......the first time he went down was in a meaningless game at the end of the season.......and it turns out that the GM jerry Angelo did not want to risk anything by placing him back, if that was a game that mattered they could have taped him up....the second injury was on turf and his cleats got caught in the turf......so in my eyes he got hurt ones in his whole career(HS, college, NFL), and I don’t see that as injury prone

917610[/snapback]

Grossman tore a tendon in the middle finger of his throwing hand at the end of '03. That's a relatively serious injury for a QB and would've probably shut him down for at least a month or two if it'd happened earlier in the season.

Grossman may have been injury-free proir to playing in the NFL, but has suffered two relatively serious injuries in two seasons and hasn't been able to play more than three games in a row. IMO, he has to play a full season (or even half of a season) before the "injury-prone" label is taken away.

The Feeley experiment is over... not that Ferotte played fantastic but it only took one crossing play when he checked down to his second receiver (something Feeley has yet to due in his life) for me to think he'll be the starter all year. He also looked more comfortable in the pocket. I really cant' fault Feeley too much since the line wasn't holding up. Huck better get to work. On one 3rd and long play the bears rushed only 4 guys against the whole Miami O Line and still got the sack. I think it was ogunleye. But then again the Bear defense is pretty tough.

Boston looked good and Lee still can't catch.

I agree that Mushin never got the left foot in on that long catch.. but whatever.

Um, what I saw last night was that the Bears qb's need a LOT of work. Grossman's long pass to Mushi would have been challenged and overturned. He didn't get both feet in bounds. That pretty much takes away his only bright spot of the game. He BADLY overthrew his receivers on a couple other long balls. Hutchinson was no better.

The Bears should run the ball every down.

For the Dolphins, I think Frerotte could win them about 5 games, but that's it. Still, it's a step up from last year, right?

BTW, Chambers is a stud. That guy is wasting away down in Miami

Um, what I saw last night was that the Bears qb's need a LOT of work.  Grossman's long pass to Mushi would have been challenged and overturned.  He didn't get both feet in bounds.  That pretty much takes away his only bright spot of the game.  He BADLY overthrew his receivers on a couple other long balls.  Hutchinson was no better.

The Bears should run the ball every down.

For the Dolphins, I think Frerotte could win them about 5 games, but that's it.  Still, it's a step up from last year, right?

BTW, Chambers is a stud.  That guy is wasting away down in Miami

917698[/snapback]

Alright as far as the QBs needing alot of work, first keep in mind this is their first preseason of this year, sometimes people need to get some reps in look at curtis martin, all time great running back but likes to get a lot of preseason time in and it has resulted in better rushing stats for the season. So anyway this was the first preseason game for them.

Also If a QB is over throwing a WR although it may not look like a good thing, as far as needing alot of work its better for the QB to over throw than to under throw the reciever.

In Grossmans defense, this is his 5th new offense to learn in 5 seasons, he hasnt had a steady WR to develop a rapport with yet. This offense is simple so that should work to his advantage and now with the addition of Moose things could look alot better, but remember , this is the first preseason game.

And as far as running the ball every down, coaching is not in your future.

Now for my opinions on the game to rip apart,

Looked like the line did a great job, the WR dropped alot of passes, and yes Tomas Jones was doing everything he could to secure his job.

The defense was tough to tell cause it was against Miami, but I have faith in their D as long as they stay healthy, cause Lovie knows how to put a good D together.

Bradley 5 catches for 131 yards...yeah he dropped some balls and yeah he played against 2-3 stringers...but he's getting his feet wet. I thought he did ok. Thought the Bears D looked strong. Urlecher is back looking mean as ever and Mike Brown looked good I thought...he was all over the field. Frerotte looked confident and threw well really found his receivers...it seemed like every time I looked up some guy by the name of Diamond was catching the ball. Thought Boston looked ok for a preseason game. I think Saban will turn them around and get them headed in the right direction. Probably 4-5 wins which is heading in the right direction. Feely...just doesn't have what it takes...he just has not improved much from last year. IMO.

Oh & did you see that hit Urlacher layed on Feely? :D

917649[/snapback]

I thought it was helmet to helmet. I hope the NFL doesn't see it that way.

Was it me, or did it seem that the Bears "starting" receivers could not get seperation from the conerbacks? This made me a little worried.

Mohammed definately did not get both feet down. :D

I thought it was helmet to helmet.  I hope the NFL doesn't see it that way.

Was it me, or did it seem that the Bears "starting" receivers could not get seperation from the conerbacks?  This made me a little worried. 

Mohammed definately did not get both feet down.  :D

917996[/snapback]

It wasn't...you could see he made a point to not hit him with his helmet. What's amazing is it was mostly an arm tackle rather than with the sholder.