[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teams that are done...

Skilly

I think the Jets, Packers and Raiders will all finish with less than 6 wins this year. The Jets have a solid defense that will keep them in a few games, but their offense is in real trouble. The Packers are just making too many mistakes.

The Raiders have a BRUTAL schedule, and Norv Turner just doesn't seem to be able to get that team on the right track. I think he might be fired this season.

Now, of those three teams, if the Jets had the first pick in the draft next year, do they take Matt Leinart? What about the Packers, after they selected Rogers this year. Raiders? Probably, even though they drafted that big kid from AZ State. Al loves getting those Heisman winners.

It's never too early to start looking at next year's draft. :D

I think the Jets, Packers and Raiders will all finish with less than 6 wins this year.  The Jets have a solid defense that will keep them in a few games, but their offense is in real trouble.  The Packers are just making too many mistakes.

The Raiders have a BRUTAL schedule, and Norv Turner just doesn't seem to be able to get that team on the right track.  I think he might be fired this season.

Now, of those three teams, if the Jets had the first pick in the draft next year, do they take Matt Leinart?  What about the Packers, after they selected Rogers this year.  Raiders?  Probably, even though they drafted that big kid from AZ State.  Al loves getting those Heisman winners.

1022375[/snapback]

The Jets are done. But, they never finish low enough to get a good draft pick.

They'll fall to 1-6, then scratch and claw their way back to 7-9 or 8-8, miss the playoffs, but have the 18th pick. I hate to give away the ending, but I've seen this movie before - many times.

Even if they did have the #1 pick, they couldn't afford to sign Lienert because they are paying Pennington over $8 million/year for the next 6 years. They are screwed.

Edited by Vet

Let's not forget the Cardinals to the list of teams that are done... oye!

Actually, the Raiders have been playing tough... as DMD said in Tunnel Vision... they're "the best 0-3 team" out there. They've been playing close in all their game. Their schedule is tough... but I think they have a chance of ending up 8-8 or so...

There is a big part of me that is quietly rooting that the Vikes suffer through a bad year and stick high enough in the draft to grab Laurence Marauney. It is possible that they drop the Falcon game to go to 1-3, but I just can't see them losing more than half of the division games this season, and probably winning 4 or 5 of them.

I wouldn't count out the Packers, given their division. Anything can happen there. This is a new season and Cleveland and Tampa Bay don't look like complete pushovers.

The Jets are in trouble, given the competition in the AFC and a tough schedule. But, I'd wait and see how Fiedler and Pennington are before playing taps. Also - Brooks Bollinger - is he any good? 2 years on the bench with a decent defense, okay line, WRs, RB.

Houston is the one whom I'd say looked lost in weeks 1 and 2.

I don't think the Raiders will end up too bad, I actually think they will come on down the stretch and will sneak out of the cellar in the division leaving those lowly Broncos at the bottom where they should be.

I don't think the Raiders will end up too bad, I actually think they will come on down the stretch and will sneak out of the cellar in the division leaving those lowly Broncos at the bottom where they should be.

1023048[/snapback]

:D ....... :D

Its only week 3 but

NE- Despite bad news on Harrison they should still win AFC East

Miami- 2-1 start... could be sleeper team but I think they will fall short of 8 wins and year away from being good again

---------------------

Buffalo- Done. JP Losthman is horrible qb

Jets- Done. Too Tough of a schedule w out a 100 percent Pennington

Steelers- In

Bengals- Could be In

Ravens- have shot still 0-2 w that defense but they have qb issues badly

------------------------

Browns- Done Not enough talent

Colts- In

Jacksonville- Could get in. Solid team.

Titans- I doubt they'll make it but still decent talent

-----------------------------------------

Texans- Done David Carr and the offensive line can't get it done

Chiefs- Contender

Chargers- Former 13 win team from last year, still threat

Broncos- Too mediocre but not done

------------------------------------

Raiders- Done Bad defense and tough schedule

Eagles- In

Cowboys- I think they'll eventually make it in w easy schedule

Giants- They have a shot still... Def. needs improvement

Redskins- Tough defense but not enough execution on offense

Vikings- Anyone can take this division but I think they'll bounce back and win it

Bears- Anyone can take this division

Lions- Anyone can take this division

Packers- Anyone can take this division

Tampa- Underrated defense and emerging offensive stars will keep them in it

Atlanta- Solid... Will be around for playoff time

Carolina- Very talented team but the team needs serious work after 1-2 start

New Orleans- Done.. Playing with alot of heart but too many turnovers on offense and too many mistakes on defense

St Louis- Them or Seattle will take the division

Seattle- Them or St Louis will take the division

Arizona- Done Their qb situation is a mess right now, no offensive line

San Fran- Done Just not enough talent

Edited by jvmillion83

Why is everyone saying the Raiders? Has anyone seen them play? They haven't got blown out. Instead they lost three close games. If any teams that are out of the hunt for the playoff's, it's the Green Bay Packers. This team is 0-3. They're struggling and he still has to play at the Vikings. Where he does horrible.The other team that seems like they're done is the Ravens. This team is lacking the aggression they once had. Although they might have a power house defense, their offense can't get anything going. J. Lewis has been a major bust this season. I would of thought he would come out with more fire and desire this year after spending time in jail.

Why is everyone saying the Raiders? Has anyone seen them play? They haven't got blown out. Instead they lost three close games.

1023305[/snapback]

The Raiders' biggest problem is the fact that they're in the AFC. There's little doubt that they'll have to win the West to get in. Both AFC wild card teams will probably have 10+ wins.

Giants- They have a shot still... Def. needs improvement

I've been a Giant fan for a loooong time but, I never thought I'd echo those words. Unfortunately they do seem lost on D. I can see the secondary getting burnt, that's a Giant trademark. The front seven seemed totally lost last night. I know LT is a great back but they made him look like a Ferrari racing a horse and buggy. Let's not even get into putting pressure on the QB. I saw Brees drop back on one play and then went to the B/R, when I came back he was still looking for a Rec. downfield. :D

I think the Jets, Packers and Raiders will all finish with less than 6 wins this year.  The Jets have a solid defense that will keep them in a few games, but their offense is in real trouble.  The Packers are just making too many mistakes.

The Raiders have a BRUTAL schedule, and Norv Turner just doesn't seem to be able to get that team on the right track.  I think he might be fired this season.

Now, of those three teams, if the Jets had the first pick in the draft next year, do they take Matt Leinart?  What about the Packers, after they selected Rogers this year.  Raiders?  Probably, even though they drafted that big kid from AZ State.  Al loves getting those Heisman winners.

1022375[/snapback]

My guess is Matt Leinhart will be a Cardinal next year.Jets will look to get a stud back in next years draft if they can't get a top notch QB.Don't be surprised to see Drew Brees in a Jets Uniform next year.Can a buyout happen on Pennington's contract?Two rotator cuff injuries this quickly probably=end of footabll career.

There is a big part of me that is quietly rooting that the Vikes suffer through a bad year and stick high enough in the draft to grab Laurence Marauney. It is possible that they drop the Falcon game to go to 1-3, but I just can't see them losing more than half of the division games this season, and probably winning 4 or 5 of them.

1022416[/snapback]

Once the Vikes draft Maroney, who's going to open up the highway-sized holes for him the way the Gophers did against Purdue?

Maroney won't be a top-10 pick. Probably a first-rounder, but not very high. There will be plenty of RBs available and very few teams looking for one.

Why is everyone saying the Raiders? Has anyone seen them play? They haven't got blown out. Instead they lost three close games. If any teams that are out of the hunt for the playoff's, it's the Green Bay Packers. This team is 0-3. They're struggling and he still has to play at the Vikings. Where he does  horrible.The other team that seems like they're done is the Ravens. This team is lacking the aggression they once had. Although they might have a power house defense, their offense can't get anything going. J. Lewis has been a major bust this season. I would of thought he would come out with more fire and desire this year after spending time in jail.

1023305[/snapback]

You are right. The Raiders are good enough to lose respectfully. Thats about it though. They have NO CHANCE at the playoffs....none. Now if they were in the NFC North, they would be a front runner.

I've been a Giant fan for a loooong time but, I never thought I'd echo those words. Unfortunately they do seem lost on D. I can see the secondary getting burnt, that's a Giant trademark. The front seven seemed totally lost last night. I know LT is a great back but they made him look like a Ferrari racing a horse and buggy. Let's not even get into putting pressure on the QB. I saw Brees drop back on one play and then went to the B/R, when I came back he was still looking for a Rec. downfield. :D

1023378[/snapback]

Other than yesterday's abberation, they've been doing great for me.

Week 1: Giants, New York NYG Def

vs Cardinals Sun 4:15 p.m. ET 6 1 Punt Return TDs

6 1 Kickoff Return TDs

4 2 Interceptions

3 3 Sacked a QB

0 12 Opponent Offensive Points Only

19 Subtotal

Week 2: Giants, New York NYG Def

vs Saints Mon 7:30 p.m. ET 3 3 Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent)

6 3 Interceptions

4 4 Sacked a QB

5 10 Opponent Offensive Points Only

18 Subtotal

First of all, no NFC team should be mentioned in this thread as "done". With the injuries to McNabb and Akers, the Eagles are just another pretty good team in that conference. The #1 seed in the NFC playoffs will probably have 10 wins (11 max).

Secondly, EVERY team in the NFC North is very much alive. The only difference between Green Bay and the other 3 is that the Packers have looked worse than they really are and the others have looked slightly better. And, oh yeah -- they ALL look bad.