[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

guys help me out

biggamer3

me and my buddy are in an argument whether or not eddie george will make the hall of fame i say no chance, he claims for sure.

what do u guys think?

i say warner has a better shot to get in, and he will never get in!

on the same topic since i'm a giants fan does tiki have a shot at the hall of fame if he plays 3 or 4 more quality seasons?

Eddie George made a nice pro-bowl player .. but he's not a hall of famer. Neither is Curtis Martin. Neither is Tiki Barber. Hall of Famers should be those names who define a decade, reinvent a position, set a staggering all time record, or carry off multiple superbowl trophies. :D

Eddie George made a nice pro-bowl player .. but he's not a hall of famer.  Neither is Curtis Martin.  Neither is Tiki Barber.  Hall of Famers should be those names who define a decade, reinvent a position, set a staggering all time record, or carry off multiple superbowl trophies. :D

1239028[/snapback]

Good Info here. I agree

Both have as much of a chance as Curt Warner :D

Eddie George made a nice pro-bowl player .. but he's not a hall of famer.  Neither is Curtis Martin.  Neither is Tiki Barber.  Hall of Famers should be those names who define a decade, reinvent a position, set a staggering all time record, or carry off multiple superbowl trophies. :D

1239028[/snapback]

What he said.

1239028[/snapback]

Agreed. I think it's too easy to call a guy a HOFer because he had a very good career. You have to be at the top of the NFL not just top 10 for 8 years.

If Tiki has 4 more years like this year :D

Tiki maybe has an outside shot if he continues to perform at a high level, the other 2 no friggen way!

Very well put.  Martin has over 14,000 (#4 all-time) and people say he doesn't deserve to get in.  I don't get it.  :D

1239126[/snapback]

I don't either. I think he may get in. It won't come easy, but think he may get there.

I think Martin has a decent shot.  Being an all around good guy won't hurt his chances either.

1239145[/snapback]

Good call. Tremendous player and I have never heard about him smokin rocks or smackin his wimmins. I'd vote for him, I think. :D

Edited by Delicious_bass

i think curtis martin gets in.  his rushing title last year really helped his chances, IMO.  i'd say it took him from a 1 in 3 chance at the HOF to a 2 in 3 chance. 

eddie george no way.

1239179[/snapback]

I agree with Az completely on this. Curtis Martin WILL get in. Eddie George...no.

I think your 'buddy' is just a little skewed on the fact that Eddie George is sort of a fan favorite. He always played with a lot of heart, energy, a 'team first' guy, and he does a lot of off-field charity work I think. I believe he always had tons of fan votes for the pro bowl and everything, but that doesn't count too much when it comes time for HOF voting (well, maybe it does?). I don't think he should be in the Hall personally, but I always liked him. Except of course when I drafted him 4 years ago.

i think curtis martin gets in.  his rushing title last year really helped his chances, IMO.  i'd say it took him from a 1 in 3 chance at the HOF to a 2 in 3 chance. 

eddie george no way.

1239179[/snapback]

+1

No way Eddie George gets the chance.

Eddie George, no.

Curtis Martin, yes, but not a first ballot HOFer. It might take him awhile, but you can't ignore those stats.

How about Rod Smith? His stats are quietly creeping up there with the best of them, and he DOES have two Super Bowl rings to go with it.

BTW, Art Monk should be in. They need to do the right thing and get that guy in the Hall.

Curtis Martin is the Art Monk of RBs.

1239119[/snapback]

Who is Bettis then? I keep hearing him called a lock for the Hall

I think Curtis is much more productive and the final numbers are in his favor

Curtis Martin (11 years)- Games-168 Attempts-3518 Yards-14101 Ave-4.0 TDs-90

Bettis (13 years)- Games-191 Attempts-3469 Yards-13621 Ave-3.9 TDs-88

Besides his stats, this is why Martin should make the HOF:

"I'd rather be here than anywhere else, I know that much," Martin said. "I don't know what my role would be, but I'd rather be here. I'd even rather lose with the Jets than win with someone else.

"I like it here, it's my type of place. I would rather play here this year with a 3-10 record right now than to be with the Colts right now. The Jets, they've been good to me, and I appreciate them."

:D

1239028[/snapback]

I'd say that I have about the same chance as making the HOF as Eddie George. Seriously, no shot.

Eddie was a warrior - played hurt - gave his all - but his numbers weren't that good from a ypc standpoint. He was a great back - but not elite.

Martin is in (this from a Miami fan). Tiki - I just don't see it yet - but he continues to be way under-rated, and I am sure I am falling pray to that.

Rod Smith - just because of where he came from and the path his career took him - I'd say that he is in.

Of the RB locks right now (currently playing).... Bettis, Faulk, Martin, Priest and LT (so long as he does not go the route of TD)

Edited by Duchess Jack