[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Msaint and Meat Loaf

Puddy

Was just flipping through the channels and happened to catch Mark and Meat Loaf talking fantasy football.

Apparently Mark is doing better during the playoffs and he had a statement about Meat Loaf along the lines of ..."before the playoffs began he was big bad Meat Loaf, now he's more like a Steak 'Um, that gets all shriveled up."

:D

Was just flipping through the channels and happened to catch Mark and Meat Loaf talking fantasy football.

Apparently Mark is doing better during the playoffs and he had a statement about Meat Loaf along the lines of ..."before the playoffs began he was big bad Meat Loaf, now he's more like a Steak 'Um, that gets all shriveled up."

:D

1262845[/snapback]

i have only seen two of msaint's episodes, and am still waiting for him to call someone a momo

Meat Loaf is just going for two out of three.  That's not bad.

1263408[/snapback]

:D Nice.

Meat's nuts. It's all I can do to get three words in, but he cracks me up and seems like a good dude. He did call me "Martin" initially. If he did it one more time I was going to call him Hasselhoff. :D

We drafted teams before the playoffs -- me, Josh Elliott and Meat -- standard perf. scoring, one player from every team, can't have two players from the same team (so, if you take Peyton as your QB, you can't take Marvin as your WR, wtc.). I'm in the lead right now behind a big first game from my homer (or as some would say, momo) boy Brady and Steve Smith. Have Hass, Marvin, Anderson, Jones chipping in this weekend. I don't care if I don't beat Josh, but I want to beat the Meat!

Wow. That sounded bad.

Edited by msaint

:D Nice.

Meat's nuts. It's all I can do to get three words in, but he cracks me up and seems like a good dude. He did call me "Martin" initially. If he did it one more time I was going to call him Hasselhoff. :D

We drafted teams before the playoffs -- me, Josh Elliott and Meat -- standard perf. scoring, one player from every team, can't have two players from the same team (so, if you take Peyton as your QB, you can't take Marvin as your WR, wtc.). I'm in the lead right now behind a big first game from my homer (or as some would say, momo) boy Brady and Steve Smith. Have Hass, Marvin, Anderson, Jones chipping in this weekend. I don't care if I don't beat Josh, but I want to beat the Meat!

Wow. That sounded bad.

1263436[/snapback]

:D Nice! :D

I like Meat Loaf. It's amazing how he has been able to hang around on the fringes of celebrity for so long. I think it's the catchy name.

I tried to break into show biz once, but I guess "Pot Roast" just didn't have the same mass appeal that Meat Loaf has.

So I'm still not sure what channel this show is on, is it a weekly show?....one time?  Is it like a celebrity draft thingy?....what all does it entail and how come Meat Loaf always seems to be brought up?

1263543[/snapback]

"Classic Now" on ESPN Classic. Every night 7-8pm, re-broadcast at 11pm, 2am, 4am, etc etc....Meat is mentioned so much because he and I (mostly him, but I've done several segments with him) have been the show's "fantasy guys." He plays in like 25 leagues.

"Classic Now" on ESPN Classic. Every night 7-8pm, re-broadcast at 11pm, 2am, 4am, etc etc....Meat is mentioned so much because he and I (mostly him, but I've done several segments with him) have been the show's  "fantasy guys." He plays in like 25 leagues.

1263581[/snapback]

Good deal msaint, I will try to catch it then. :D

How many copies of your book have been sold?

1263669[/snapback]

More than Jose Canseco's wife's, fewer than James Frey's.

edit to add that i'm not trying to be a wiseass -- ok, maybe a little -- but i don't have the most recent numbers, so i don't want to wild guess. but we had a nice little sales boost over the holidays.

Edited by msaint

edit to add that i'm not trying to be a wiseass -- ok, maybe a little -- but i don't have the most recent numbers, so i don't want to wild guess. but we had a nice little sales boost over the holidays.

1263759[/snapback]

I finally read the book, I think I was the last huddler to do so. It was a good read as I read it in a day on the beach in Cancun. Are you going to write a second book?

I finally read the book, I think I was the last huddler to do so.  It was a good read as I read it in a day on the beach in Cancun.  Are you going to write a second book?

1263776[/snapback]

a day? wow. holy evelyn wood. :D

yes, i've finished my 2nd and it's with my editor as we speak, should start editing soon, due out fall '06. it's on semi-pro football, not fantasy.

Edited by msaint

I finally read the book, I think I was the last huddler to do so.  It was a good read as I read it in a day on the beach in Cancun.  Are you going to write a second book?

1263776[/snapback]

a day? wow. holy evelyn wood. :D

yes, i've finished my 2nd and it's with my editor as we speak, should start editing soon, due out fall '06. it's on semi-pro football, not fantasy.

1263840[/snapback]

I knocked it out in a pair of plane flights - to Florida and back. Honestly, I hadn't actually FINISHED a book since college. Guess that's a tribute to your work, and a knock on my lack of reading.

I look forward to it.

1263861[/snapback]

Ditto.

1263759[/snapback]

Just curious why you always dodge this question? :D Can you give us the last # sold that you knew of?

1263776[/snapback]

Nope I've had mine for overr a year now and have only read 4 chapters. Great read, just don't have the time. It's hard to put down once I start reading it. i will eventually get through it.

Just curious why you always dodge this question? :D Can you give us the last # sold that you knew of?

1264161[/snapback]

7,000ish...:D That was the latest, anyway. Not fantastic considering 45 BILLION people play fantasy football. We got dicked on a couple good publicity opportunities early on which might have helped push it up, but it's not all bad considering some books sell literally 100 copies. Gotta start somewhere...

Edited by msaint