[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whew, I finally made it!

billay

We'll it's taken me quite some time, but I finally made it to 3000 posts.

The big news is after almost 6 years and 2 promotions I have given notice on my current job. Some of you know that I am a F&B Manager at a luxury hotel here in Chapel Hill. I stumbled into this field (as most people stumble into the restaurant business - Front of the House, mind you) after college as I really wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I was a philosophy major and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. It was my little joke that restaurants were post-graduate work for people with degrees in philosophy. After a brief stint at the fiasco that was Michael Jordan's Chapel Hill restaurant, I followed one of my managers to my current place of work. I got promoted from waiter to manager relatively quickly and not long after met my wife, Solveig, a lovely young French woman who had graduated from Hotel school in France and had been working at another high end hotel in the area. Well, long story short, we got married and had a son, Preston (now 3),pretty quickly. We also have 2 dogs, Frisbee (the mutt) and Leon (the Aussie)

As a new husband and father, I felt considerable pressure to provide my new family with a new house and a comfortable living, so I pushed for yet another promotion, which I recieved. The bad part about hotels is that they are always open. Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, you name it, if it's a big holiday, we were open and busy. I grew up in a very tight knit family and we were alway together during the holdiays, so it was very difficult for me to find myself at work for 18 hours on Christmas Day. I did this for more than 5 years, but after this past holiday season, I decided enough was enough. My wife has a good job and I decided it's finally time for me to move on to something that I really enjoy.

So March 1st will be my last day of work, and wife, son and I will hop on a plane to France the next day, to do our annual vacation to see my wife's family and do some skiing at La Toussuire in the Alps.

No pics of me, as I may still submit one for mystery huddler!

House husband for awhile and looking for the perfect job... or looking for something else immediately? Voltaire says they are looking for English teachers in China. :D

Congrats on the 3000... and try to enjoy the vacation even if it is in france. :oldrazz:

Nice.  :D

She's hot in this pic as Pirate Lady.  The Wench may not be happy with the competition :D.

1313272[/snapback]

I concur, congrats Billay. You're leaving Il Palio right? A couple of friends of mine tell me that place is excellent.

awesome, billay....what's the new gig?

edit: i think i musta misread, maybe you don't have anything in particular lined up yet?  takes courage to do that, best of luck..

1313286[/snapback]

No new gig yet, probably going back to school.

I concur, congrats Billay.  You're leaving Il Palio right?  A couple of friends of mine tell me that place is excellent.

1313409[/snapback]

Come and see me before Mar 1. I'll take care of ya.