[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

lawn mowin

nuke'em ttg

Let it fly. My soil is so pathetic that it needs all the help it can get. Perhaps someday there will be enough accumulated dead grass to give me an inch of topsoil and cover all the rocks.

Or dog piss killing the grass. SOB must drink gasoline....

I had a friend as a teenager that hated a dude on his street and every two weeks or so would sneak over in the middle of the night and put a spot of herbicide on the guys lawn. Damn thing was polka dotted by the end of the summer, and the guy never did figure it out.

Piss off anyone lately?

I mulch it but I have a question. I got into a discussion a few weeks ago with my uncle and he said I'm going to kill my lawn if I keep doing it that way. I told him that I've been doing it this way for years and haven't had an issue. He was adamant about it. I told him he was nuts. Any thoughts on this?

I mulch it but I have a question. I got into a discussion a few weeks ago with my uncle and he said I'm going to kill my lawn if I keep doing it that way. I told him that I've been doing it this way for years and haven't had an issue. He was adamant about it. I told him he was nuts. Any thoughts on this?

It's often thought that mulching your grass clippings will result in a thick, unsightly thatch layer on your lawn. NOT TRUE! Believe it or not, grass is about 90 percent water, so when you mulch, the clippings disappear in a day or two.

The trick is to have a sharp blade and a mower specifically designed to recycle lawn clippings, so you don't end up with ugly clumps of grass on your lawn that will turn brown and kill the grass underneath.

Why mulch? Well, you're not only saving time by not having to stop the mower every few minutes to empty the bag, you're adding nitrogen to the soil. In fact, mulching can eliminate a fertilizing session or two, saving you more time and money.

From: http://www.lazyhomeowner.com/LazyBoy_Lawn_Care_Tips.html

More of the same here:

Using mulching mowers can not only cut down on your yard maintenance, but also make your grass greener. Otherwise, you may end up either raking or bagging your grass clippings -- which in turn means disposing of those grass clippings or recycling them. All extra work. Besides, hauling away your grass clippings means depriving your lawn of a natural fertilizer (supplementing the chemical feedings discussed on Page 3) that can make your grass greener.

From: http://landscaping.about.com/cs/lawns/a/green_lawns_4.htm

Edited by Hugh 0ne