[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Satellite or Cable?

Footballjoe

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Comcast Cable...HD with the DVR in the living room and HD in the bedroom...

the DVR can record up to 60 hours of regular TV and 16 hours of HD TV.....I encourage all and anyone to get this..

DTV is horrible in the philly area....but apparently it's great elsewhere....too bad Comcast owns this area and I have to play ball because I don't get any local sports teams on DTV....except for Eagles games...

Recheck, call DTV directly, they are ramping up this all over the country, we live in BFE and have had locals for 2 years now.

As of 2 months ago, still a no go.

We are big enough to have local stations of those but not big enough to warrant dtv to carry them.

The only way we can get them is if the local stations sign a letter saying we can have a different area's (normally L.A's) feed/

And naturally they won't sign it.

comcast tv

comcast internet

comcast digital voice

all on one bill & a very nice discount having all 3.

EDITED to ADD - i'd love the nfl ticket but it's not worth it for me having seahawks season tickets. if I need to see a particular game..... there's at least 5 bars within crawling distance of my casa.

:D You have Comcast's DV???? I have a few questions for you.

How do you like it?

What happens if the house's wiring goes south? I.E. who fixes it? AKA Line maintenance?

Any other comments????

.....tangent......

Speaking of Sunday Ticket, I get a letter from DTV today saying they are automatically renewing my Sunday Ticket. And they had it personalized for Packer fans, though I never told them what my team preference was. :D

.....now back to normal programming........

I did not mention what type of Satellite I have, its DISH. Some have spoken about the poor customer service but I think they have been very good when I called. I tried to get DIRECT TV but they said I had trees in the way. maybe I need them to come out and check the system.

Yes, Dish Network's customer service is horrible. I had a remote go bad a few weeks ago. It took at least a half hour to get a live person on the phone and then they acted like it was my fault the f'ing buttons quit working after 5 years. After finally convincing them that there remote was old and needed replaced they sent me a new one.

:D

Wow. I heard they had poor customer service from one of their call center reps (they are in CO). He told me that their policies suck, and specifically that replacing a broken remote often cost a $100 service call and there was nothing he could do about it. He quit because he hated being such a dick.

Wow. I heard they had poor customer service from one of their call center reps (they are in CO). He told me that their policies suck, and specifically that replacing a broken remote often cost a $100 service call and there was nothing he could do about it. He quit because he hated being such a dick.

They didn't charge me for the remote, but it sucked that I had to argue with customer service to get it. I also let them know that I had no problem switching to Direct TV if they weren't going to help me.

DTV, for the Ticket and to stick it to the local cable co. I moved in 6 years ago, the cable co wanted me to pay $1500 to run the line to my house (I live about 1/4mile off the road), DTV set me up for $49 for 2 rooms. Fast forward 5 years, now the cable co is begging me to switch to them and their "special" bundle, which is still more expensive than my DTV+Sprint DSL+Sprint local combo. :D I got one of their reps the other day, he kept going on about how "I had to sign a contract" for my current deals (which is true), but after a couple of questions, I made him reveal that I had to sign a contract to get TW's "great deal".

.....tangent......

Speaking of Sunday Ticket, I get a letter from DTV today saying they are automatically renewing my Sunday Ticket. And they had it personalized for Packer fans, though I never told them what my team preference was. :D

If you sign up for a sports package ( The ticket, baseball, whatever ), they automatically sign you up again the next season. The good thing is that it's usually at a reduced rate, I believe it's $40 less for the Ticket. You can call em up and cancel.

I was told the Charlotte locals were going HD on Directv at the end of the month. :D

.....tangent......

Yeah, mine was personalized for Rams fans.

Not even thinking about the Sunday Ticket, I love my DirecTV and TiVO. I don't know if I'm under contract or what. I've been with DirecTV since 1999 or 2000. I'll never go back to cable. We don't get the severest of weather in Dallas but signal has never been a problem even when the thing was concreted into a Home Depot bucket on the balcolny of my apartment. The customer service can't be beat.

If you sign up for a sports package ( The ticket, baseball, whatever ), they automatically sign you up again the next season. The good thing is that it's usually at a reduced rate, I believe it's $40 less for the Ticket. You can call em up and cancel.

I read that again and that is correct (but it looks like the price is rising so it is the same as last year after subtracting this year's discount).

I am renewing anyway, but it should be that renewals sould be done by the customer instead of the company.

.....tangent......

:D Now you know how WE feel here at TheHuddle.

I read that again and that is correct (but it looks like the price is rising so it is the same as last year after subtracting this year's discount).

I am renewing anyway, but it should be that renewals sould be done by the customer instead of the company.

i had sunday ticket for the first time last year and it didn't renew automatically for me. i may have opted out of that, though. i don't remember.

:D You have Comcast's DV???? I have a few questions for you.

How do you like it?

What happens if the house's wiring goes south? I.E. who fixes it? AKA Line maintenance?

Any other comments????

I have their internet and DV as well...

here's my take on it....

they give me an outstanding deal on all 3 services...my Bill ends up being 125 a month total and I have the Silver package.....HD included with a DVR built in on one TV....

the service on the DV can some times be buggy and I am not phased by this because my cell phone is my "old reliable" anyways....

the best way to go about this service is to reset the box before bed whenever you can...even if the service doesn't act up for well over a month....

it's worth the money, IMO and it's new...so they'll likely work out the glitches over time...which are minimal BTW...

also..I have the CableCard service as well....the CC service is great for when the box acts up and freezes...the CC stays running and you get all the channels minues the On Demand features....plus if you are hearing impaired...the closed captioning is better on this....the box Comcast uses has only so much space and they use up as much as they can...so alot of boxes wear down at times.....and slow down...