[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time again for... SODA WARS

Big Country

SODA WARS  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite cola

• Coke
    • Pepsi
    • RC Cola
    • Tab
    • Sam's Choice
    • Other Store Brand

voted pepsi.... next would be RC.

coke has an aftertaste i'm not crazy about.

I totally agree.

The only place in the world that has it! Philly steak can't hold a candle to good Chi Town Italian beef! Trust me! Add some gardinara (sp)................MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Green peppers are good also! :D Throw a piece of Italian sahsage in and we're talkin' heaven! :lickin'chops:

:D You know I love Chicago... you know I love the food there... but um, no way is an Italian Beef better than a cheeseteak. :D

I voted Pepsi, can't drink anything else. Would rather have water than having to choke down a coke.

As for SODA killing you, I drink about 4-6 pepsi's a day. Used to be more but i decided to cut back when i turned 50.

The only place in the world that has it! Philly steak can't hold a candle to good Chi Town Italian beef! Trust me! Add some gardinara (sp)................MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Green peppers are good also! :D Throw a piece of Italian sahsage in and we're talkin' heaven! :lickin'chops:

My friends wife made it once for us. Tasted like oily pot-roast.

Is it safe to assume that she's a horrible cook?

You are obviously from up North and are not familiar with Dr. Pepper.

You are obviously from down South and don't know what the hell you're talking about (an unfortunate trait shared by most Southerners, and none more so than Spain) - Dr. Pepper is in every cooler in every convenience store here in New York.

I voted for pepsi - I like it better than Coke, and the Wild Cherry Pepsi is the best stuff out there, far better than Cherry Coke or Dr. Pepper (Dr. Brown's Black Cherry rules all but only comes in the 12 ounce cans and was not an option in this poll anyway).

I too have had to cut back, I am something of a soda fiend - I'm currently drinking Diet Coke during the week, sometimes treat myself to the real thing on weekends.

Edited by Easy n Dirty

My friends wife made it once for us. Tasted like oily pot-roast.

Is it safe to assume that she's a horrible cook?

The beef I'm talking about is available ONLY at the local hot dog places. No one I know makes it themselves. The beef is sliced very thin and should NOT be cooked in the juice. There is a definite fat to bulk ratio in the gravy/juice. Scala's is the preferred. Admittedly, I have never had a Philly Steak Sammich IN Philly, so I may have gotten some bad mock-pseudo-imitation ones as you experienced w/ home made Chicago Style Italian Beef.

The beef I'm talking about is available ONLY at the local hot dog places. No one I know makes it themselves. The beef is sliced very thin and should NOT be cooked in the juice. There is a definite fat to bulk ratio in the gravy/juice. Scala's is the preferred. Admittedly, I have never had a Philly Steak Sammich IN Philly, so I may have gotten some bad mock-pseudo-imitation ones as you experienced w/ home made Chicago Style Italian Beef.

Yeah, that sounds tasty. His wifes recipe was horrible.

I wil chime in now.

I don' think I have had regular soda in over a year now, other than maybe a small sip here or there when driving and it was only bev in the car.

My personal preference is the caffeine free diet pepsi when I can find it, otherwise Diet Pepsi. I can ahndle Diet Coke if need be, but prefer DP (insert pervert jokes here).

I prefer (ed) the taste of Coke over Pepsi. Will have regular coke with Jack Daniels on the rare occassions I drink (can you say WCOFF Post Draft Party).

Dr. Pepper is not a cola, it is a soda but it is on par with Mr. Pibb and other strange tasting items. I would put it closer to Root Beer than cola.

I haven't had the COke Zero/Pepsi One stuff... doubt I will.

Now to take a tasty swig of the Diet Pepsi I have here.

• 2 weeks later...

The only place in the world that has it! Philly steak can't hold a candle to good Chi Town Italian beef! Trust me!

I finally found something I liked about I-80: there is an Al's #1 Italian Beef franchise at the Harlem exit. Just happened to luck into it on our trip down to St. Louis for my brother's wedding last week and man oh man was it good. (Although I about killed myself when I took a big bite of the hot peppers.) :D:D