[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best coaching candidate for ATL ?

FALCON-FAN-NJ

Maybe Steve Mariucci ?

:D

Frank Beamer - he at least has been the coach who's gotten the most out of Vick.

Dan Reeves isn't doing anything and has gotten the most out of Vick at the pro level.

Chan Gailey managed to make Kordell Stewart productive.

The Falcons are in the unfortunate position of having to hire someone who has an idea of how to maximize the production of their franchise, whether or not he's actually the best coach out there - Mora couldn't do it and he's gone.

Mike Vick is becoming the Allan Iverson of Pro football.

That's not a bad call. Mooch would be good for the Falcons.

Marriucci's best bet is to take on some middlin' college program and build them up. I don't think he can handle pro athletes. Plus the Lions really seemed to suck the life out of him.

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring. I am able to build a cohesive and winning team as evidenced by my prowess as a youth soccer coach. I've won 3 fantasy football championships, clearly showing I have an ability to spot nfl talent. I also have very nice legs which women still find irresistible. I require only 500k per year, guaranteed for 5 years.

Deion Sanders would be another great fit ... didn't he say he wanted to and could coach the Falcons a couple of years ago.

Then his ego can battle with Vick's ego each and every week ... wonder if both could fit their big heads in the locker room at the same time?

Sanders was talking about wanting to coach last Sunday during pre-game stuff. I think it would be a riot to see him coach the Falcons. It would be entertaining if nothing else. I would love to hear him in a post-game presser after the Falcons get demolished by some team.

Big Score 1 ... or some other Vick apologist would be perfect. Then they can deal with Vick's ineptness as a QB head on.

:D

Won't be me Blitz, but here's some speculation on potential coaches from the AJC.

Falcons owner Arthur Blank said he would prefer to hire a coach that can be with a franchise for years, like Pittsburgh's Bill Cowher or Tennessee's Jeff Fisher — candidates that would be at the top of a wish list if they were available. They're not. Instead, assistant coaches such as Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, an Atlanta native who played at Georgia Tech and for the Falcons; Tennessee offensive coordinator Norm Chow; San Francisco assistant head coach Mike Singletary, and Chargers offensive coordinator Cam Cameron are likely choices to be interviewed.

Falcons owner Arthur Blank did not rule out a college head coach, which is why Louisville's Bobby Petrino, Oklahoma's Bob Stoops or Iowa's Kirk Ferentz, whose son is on the Falcons' practice squad, might be considered.

www.ajc.com