[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles/Saints Game Thread

keggerz

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, horrible decision on Reids part. The Eagles def hasn't been able to stop the saints in the second half and he punts to let his def win/lose the game? I think they had a much better shot at the 4th and 15 against a Saints secondary that was leaving guys open downfield all night.

Reid must have panicked and lost his mind. I'm not even an Eagles fan but i am seriously pi$$ed right now. at least give your team a chance. what the F#$%? It's not like he's got the Ravens Defense out there.

Punt was a terrible call

Pretty quetionable....but 4th and 15 was a chance....they didn't get another one.

Eagles had a 4th and 15 close to midfield with 2 timeouts needing a FG.

They punt, force the defense to hold, and hope for an opportunity at your own 25 with about 40 seconds and no timeouts.

Edited by bushwacked

Reid must have panicked and lost his mind. I'm not even an Eagles fan but i am seriously pi$$ed right now. at least give your team a chance. what the F#$%? It's not like he's got the Ravens Defense out there.

i guess he was gun shy from going on it and not converting on 4th and 26 a few years ago....

oh wait thats right they did convert that....i have no idea how he punts that ball away...but then again if they convert inside the 5 this isnt an issue...take nothing away from the saints they won fair and square

Edited by keggerz

Yea....really makes no sense....

Eagles had a 4th and 11 close to midfield with 2 timeouts needing a FG.

They punt, force the defense to hold, and hope for an opportunity at your own 25 with about 40 seconds and no timeouts.

Mike Holmgren's apples don't fall from the tree. :D

I guess that's what separates the good coaches from the great ones. Reids been a good coach in Philly for sure but maybe decisions like this is why they haven't won it all. His call definitely cost the Eagles this win and season that's a fact.

Yea....really makes no sense....

Eagles had a 4th and 15 close to midfield with 2 timeouts needing a FG.

Its classic Eagles though..Reid Panicks in the playoffs..They had a great run but the eventual Eagle collapse was inevitable

Its classic Eagles though..Reid Panicks in the playoffs..They had a great run but the eventual Eagle collapse was inevitable

Couldnt have said it better myself. Reid wont ever win a title, unless he has head and shoulders the best talent on the field. Oh wait, he did with McNabb and TO 2 yrs back. Correction- Reid wont ever win a title.

His call definitely cost the Eagles this win and season that's a fact.

yes, you are right, the Eagles definitely would have converted the 4th and 15, and definitely would have continued the drive to kick the tying (not winning) FG, and then won in overtime.

yes, punting on 4th down cost them the game and the season.....

Dumbass. :D

They had a great run but the eventual Eagle collapse was inevitable

yes, they collapsed.

the only thing worse would have been if the Eagles had moved into FG range, and some overrated QB bobbled the snap and cost them the game and the season.

That would truly have been horriffic.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

yes, they collapsed.

:D

You don't think they collapsed? All of a sudden they couldn't tackle and couldn't cover the middle of the field? Sounds like they reverted back to the begininng of the season when the D was having a hard time stopping teams. The Saints threw the ball to the TE's about 4-5 times 10-12 yards right down the middle of the field and the Eagles still couldn't stop it. Plus Deuce seems to get 6-8 yards right up the middle on almost every 1st down. Nice job of drafting solid DTs Reid. Patterson got an extension for what? And Bunkley can hardly get any playing time.

yes, they collapsed.

the only thing worse would have been if the Eagles had moved into FG range, and some overrated QB bobbled the snap and cost them the game and the season.

That would truly have been horriffic.

Why the hate ? I would think you would be used to this scenario by now..Andy takes the apple and the Eagles fall flat again..Its as sure as death and taxes.

Dumb penalty , dumb call ( yes it was offside but ever so slightly and the timing of the call given magnitude of game and moment stunk ) and even dumber to punt

But saints all in all earned the win ...and overall a great game

Saints Defense again gave up some big plays, but stepped up when it counted forcing a FG and causing a 4-15 decision in their last drive on the game. Minus 5 yards with the game on the line after a critcal turnover. Not bad! :D

Honestly the expected poor coaching of Reid in the playoffs didnt truly cost the team the game The Saints made the plays when it counted and won an unblemmished game..The fact that Reid punted is just one of those head scratchers ..It was their only chance at a tie/ win basically and he blew it..

Edited by whomper