[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Halftime Show

sundaynfl

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a big fan of Prince's early music :D I took the wife to his concert last year and really think that he is one of the most talented musicians/writers out there. So I am looking forward to the show!

i'm looking forward to seeing prince's backround singers a$$ again. crispy loves the sista's.

I am hoping that he does a set that includes a montage of some his hits in one song... he did it during the concert and there was some incredible guitar work!!

the people on the nfl network were saying the same thing. they believe he will do a medley with lets go crazy, 1999, little red corvett, etc. they also think he will do a number from his new album and finish with purple rain.

I am a big fan of Prince's early music :D I took the wife to his concert last year and really think that he is one of the most talented musicians/writers out there. So I am looking forward to the show!

a severely underrated artist...and i dont know if anyone knows this or not but prince cant read a lick of music

and his real early stuff is just plain sick, twisted and incredible and I mean pre-purple rain

another prince tidbit....remember when he went by a SIGN and not a name...people were calling him the artist formerly known as prince...well that is because he got into a spat with the record company and basically said F you I am not gonna make any music for you(something like that) and they said well WE OWN the name "PRINCE" so he opted to not use his name and thats how he was able to record and when that contract expired he went back to prince....fwiw I remember reading that and probably dont have the specifics exactly right but that is the gist of it

Edited by keggerz

I'll be making a point of avoiding it, same as almost every year.

:thumbsup:

Didn't realize the majority of huddle was so music challenged. It's the Puppy Bowl again for me this year. Ditto on the obscenely overhyped commercials.

another prince tidbit....remember when he went by a SIGN and not a name...people were calling him the artist formerly known as prince...well that is because he got into a spat with the record company and basically said F you I am not gonna make any music for you(something like that) and they said well WE OWN the name "PRINCE" so he opted to not use his name and thats how he was able to record and when that contract expired he went back to prince....fwiw I remember reading that and probably dont have the specifics exactly right but that is the gist of it

That sounds right.

Say what you want about Prince but that cat was rocking.. about time we heard some guitar jams and some real talent at halftime.. instead of the pop tart lipsyncers.

The dude's still got it.

I gotta admit... I dont care much for him, but that was a pretty good half time show. He sounded great, was on tune, and wasnt bad to watch. Unfortunately, my fiancee hadnt heard the Ashlee Simpson bit from the Orange Bowl, so I had to show her that. However, it did make for a nice chuckle.

Wow, when I read this post, I kind of expected a totally different reaction. I'm glad people were into it, not many people have the talent to match the showmanship. The atmosphere that this game brings plays right into his hands. It's hard pull-off a better show than we just watched, considering the stage.

This whole thing kept reminding me of the Chris Rock bit-----"remember when we were little we would have those arguments about who was better, Michael Jackson or Prince???? Well, Prince won!!"

Edited by Seahawks21