[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, what is you favorite Van Halen song?

PantherDave

I would say "Summer Nights " with Hagar in the band.

Van Hagar was far inferior to the Roth years, but "Summer Nights" is right there with Y&T's "Summertime Girls" and Cheap Trick's "Southern Girls" as a song that makes you wish you were somewhere warm driving a convertible.

Van Hagar was far inferior to the Roth years, but "Summer Nights" is right there with Y&T's "Summertime Girls" and Cheap Trick's "Southern Girls" as a song that makes you wish you were somewhere warm driving a convertible.

I don't even really like Van Halen with Hagar. I agree they were far inferior.

I also agree with you about "summer nights" being that kind of song. I really think "Black and Blue" is the best by Van HAGAR. it is the only song they made with Sammy that IMO cracks Van Halens top 20 songs.

David Lee Roth on the otherhand made quite a few songs by himself that might crack that top 20 if included. " Shyboy" and "Yankee Rose" come to mind right off the top of my head.

I prefer the song "Van Halen" by the band Nerf Herder. Great mid-90s nerd rock, and the video even apes "Right Now". The lyrics are mainly VH songs used to describe how how great the band was and how far downhill they went.. You can check the video for it here:

and it's even got two hand tapping! Edited by Dr. Rock

I prefer the song "Van Halen" by the band Nerf Herder. Great mid-90s nerd rock, and the video even apes "Right Now". The lyrics are mainly VH songs used to describe how how great the band was and how far downhill they went.. You can check the video for it here:

and it's even got two hand tapping!

Mildly amusing, but one Weezer is plenty.

Van Halen without David Lee Roth is like Black Sabbath without Ozzy...another run of the mill pop band.

Not so fast. While I love the Ozzy fronted Sabbath, the releases with Ronnie James Dio singing were awesome!

Heaven and Hell is easily one of the greatest metal albums ever released and the follow up, Mob Rules is a greatly under appreciated album that you should give a listen to.

Nothing Van Halen did with Sammy is one of the greatest of anything and it was mostly commercialized garbage IMO.

Cranks up WMP...these change daily

Van Halen I - Runnin' With the Devil/Atomic Punk

Van Halen II - Women In Love/Beatiful Girls

Women and Children First - And the Cradle Will Rock/Everybody Wants Some

1984 - Drop Dead Legs

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge - Spanked

Balance - Feelin'

Ask me tomorrow and they'll be different. Every single song on the first 3 albums is absolutley awesome. The songs on 1984 without the synth work rock as well. If you listen to 1984, most have no synth work.

One of my favorite all-time bands. I listened to them so much I could "sing" every word to every song all the way up to 1984. I listened to them for a while with Hagar & they were good, but not as good, then I got tired of all their BS and haven't listened to them all that much in a long time.

Little Guitars

Runnin' With the Devil

Women In Love

Jamie's Cryin'

Panama

Hot for Teacher

Ain't Talkin' Bout Love

1) Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love

"I been to the edge, an' there I stood an' looked down

You know I lost a lot of friends there baby, I got no time to

mess around "

Fixored. Also love Atomic Punk. I never could relate to anything after VHI

Not so fast. While I love the Ozzy fronted Sabbath, the releases with Ronnie James Dio singing were awesome!

Heaven and Hell is easily one of the greatest metal albums ever released and the follow up, Mob Rules is a greatly under appreciated album that you should give a listen to.

Nothing Van Halen did with Sammy is one of the greatest of anything and it was mostly commercialized garbage IMO.

+1

Dio Sabbath was almost superior. Shockingly, some of the post-Dio Sabbath that no one has ever heard was pretty amazing as well. Iommi never got the credit he deserved as a driving force and songwriter. Seventh Star is an excellent album.

One of my favorite lines, from Mob Rules (Falling off the Edge of the World): Look out for danger. Nowhere to run. Seems like desperate measures, but sometimes it's got to be done......

Edited by Redfish

+1

Dio Sabbath was almost superior. Shockingly, some of the post-Dio Sabbath that no one has ever heard was pretty amazing as well. Iommi never got the credit he deserved as a driving force and songwriter. Seventh Star is an excellent album.

One of my favorite lines, from Mob Rules (Falling off the Edge of the World): Look out for danger. Nowhere to run. Seems like desperate measures, but sometimes it's got to be done......

Okay, you got me, that was a bad analogy and I was a bit harsh to post Ozzy Sabbath.