[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Work bathroom etiquette

whomper

Toilet paper replacement  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who is responsible for TP replacement

• The person who finishes or practically finishes the roll
    • The person who is about to use the facilities
    • Puddy

Dont normally start up duece related threads but a great debate was discussed at length today..About 5 of us use this bathroom in the back of our office as opposed to the main one..There is only one stall..My brother goes in does his business and leaves..I see him come back to our section of the office and realize the coast is clear..After about 10 minutes im ready and it comes on quick..I quickly get to the facilities and basically almost had to hit a jump shot..Long story short I look to the left post release and there is 2 plys of paper left..I make the most of those ply and had to step out and get more paper..I come back to our sales section fired up and I call him out..He said its my responsibilty to make sure there is paper not the person who went last..Is it bathroom etiquette to replace the roll if you leave it either empty or to the point were the next person may not be able to complete the task with what you left or is it up to you to make sure you have what you need before you go ? Keep in mind my argument was I didnt have time to survey the bathroom..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont normally start up duece related threads but a great debate was discussed at length today..About 5 of us use this bathroom in the back of our office as opposed to the main one..There is only one stall..My brother goes in does his business and leaves..I see him come back to our section of the office and realize the coast is clear..After about 10 minutes im ready and it comes on quick..I quickly get to the facilities and basically almost had to hit a jump shot..Long story short I look to the left post release and there is 2 plys of paper left..I make the most of those ply and had to step out and get more paper..I come back to our sales section fired up and I call him out..He said its my responsibilty to make sure there is paper not the person who went last..Is it bathroom etiquette to replace the roll if you leave it either empty or to the point were the next person may not be able to complete the task with what you left or is it up to you to make sure you have what you need before you go ? Keep in mind my argument was I didnt have time to survey the bathroom..

What your brother perpetrated is one dastardly deed! Always look out for the next in line when it comes to replacing the TP!!

What your brother perpetrated is one dastardly deed! Always look out for the next in line when it comes to replacing the TP!!

:D exactly

While that may be true, whomper now has a serious case of mud butt to worry about.

:D wasnt bad..I wouldve done the penguin if I was home but had to do the walk of shame past 2 people to get the new roll

Keep the spare TP in the bathroom and this really becomes a non-issue. It's just a work bathroom so even if there isn't a cabinet in there just keep a case on the floor.

i think they have a problem with someone missing and the floor gets all wet too :D

While that may be true, whomper now has a serious case of mud butt to worry about.

He's gonna have a slippery seat the rest of the day.

When I drop the kids off at the pool at the workplace I always make sure the TP is available and I always clean off the seat, even when it looks clean. I don't leave these responsibilities to anyone else, and I don't expect them to rely on me. While your situation stinks, it was your responsibility. You should have just called your bro to ask him politely to bring you a new roll.

i think they have a problem with someone missing and the floor gets all wet too :D

Yes ..We dont use that one anymore..We found one in the backroom that nobody used much..The one up front is the one you are talking about..

He's gonna have a slippery seat the rest of the day.

When I drop the kids off at the pool at the workplace I always make sure the TP is available and I always clean off the seat, even when it looks clean. I don't leave these responsibilities to anyone else, and I don't expect them to rely on me. While your situation stinks, it was your responsibility. You should have just called your bro to ask him politely to bring you a new roll.

Cant do it because you cant open that door since there are 2 people that work in that section of the office..They are far enough away that its not awkward to drop one in there but opening the door isnt an option

Edited by whomper

Speaking on bathroom etiquette , went into a bathroom in our nj office and there are 3 stalls

Guy who just went in ahead of me takes the middle stall ...hence he kills the buffer zone as I am forced to sit next to him ....

Always go ends when stalls are odd numbered I say so you can have a buffer zone in case someone else comes in and they can go to opposite corner stall

I was not happy and as such I did not give any courtesy flushes ( not proud as courtesy flushes are a staple in proper bathroom etiquette )

Other things which are proper , put in some toilet paper before you begin to avoid splashage , kep conversations to a minimum and avoid if possible all together and ofcourse no peeking ..lol