[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marshall Faulk retires

Randall

Arent all of his years behind him?

No...only his football playing ones.

I always got the impression with Faulk that people had no idea how good of a RB they were watching when he was playing. You never - never - hear his name come up in discussions about the 5 best RBs in NFL history.

I'm not a Rams' fan, but thanks for all the good memories, Marshall. You lead a few of my teams to FF championships.

Rank, seasons among the league's top 10

Rushes: 1994-(7), 1998-(6)

Rushing yards: 1994-(5), 1998-(6), 1999-(5), 2000-(8), 2001-(5)

Rushing TDs: 1994-(3), 1995-(4t), 2000-(1), 2001-(2t), 2003-(9t)

Receptions: 1998-(3t), 1999-(8)

Receiving TDs: 2001-(5t)

Yards from scrimmage: 1994-(4), 1997-(8), 1998-(1), 1999-(1), 2000-(2), 2001-(2)

Rush/Receive TDs: 1994-(4t), 1995-(7t), 1999-(7t), 2000-(1), 2001-(1), 2003-(9t)

Rank among the league's all-time top 50 in NFL history, all players

Rushes: 13

Rushing yards: 9

Rushing TDs: 6t

Receptions: 18

Yards from scrimmage: 4

Rush/Receive TDs: 4

Touches: 6

All those rankings despite being only #20 on the list for games played.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I always got the impression with Faulk that people had no idea how good of a RB they were watching when he was playing. You never - never - hear his name come up in discussions about the 5 best RBs in NFL history.

Jim Brown

Walter Payton

Barry Sanders

Emmitt Smith

Marshall Faulk

Everyone comfortable with that top 5 (in no particular order)? :D

Jim Brown

Walter Payton

Barry Sanders

Emmitt Smith

Marshall Faulk

Everyone comfortable with that top 5 (in no particular order)? :D

Sure, until LT knocks him out of the top five.

he was phenominal. got to watch quite few games down in san diego when he was in college....seemed untouchable. one of the most exciting players to watch (sanders, healthy ft). great mind for the game..prob knew more than most qb's.................

:D

he was phenominal. got to watch quite few games down in san diego when he was in college....seemed untouchable. one of the most exciting players to watch (sanders, healthy ft). great mind for the game..prob knew more than most qb's.................

:D

Agreed - loved to watch him play. I can still remember watching his late night Dan Diego St. games on ESPN - he was phenomenal- and I haven't seen anyone like him in NCAA football since.

A stud- he really took the RB position to new level, and into what it is now as far as running and receiving threats out of the backfield

He might understand the game of football better than any other RB ever has. I could easily see him becoming a head-coach someday.

I've read that Mike Martz is very high on his potential as a coach. With all the new RB's in DET, how farfetched would it be to see Faulk join the Lions' staff this year?

Anyhow, well done Marshall...thanks for helping me in 1998! Canton, NNNNNNNNNEXT!

Edited by The Wolf

I liken Marshall and Terrell Davis somewhat together. Dominant players who left the game too early.

Um, Marshall is 34. :D

marshall played 12 seasons... 5 of them 80 or more rec's

davis played parts of 7 and never over 50

Sure, until LT knocks him out of the top five.

Which he will as he will definitely be Top 3 maybe even the best of all time.

Um, Marshall is 34. :D

You're right. He played longer than I tought. Without looking it up I thought they played a similar length of time.

Perhaps because I remember him more as a Ram than a Colt.