[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A question of character.

skylive5

Were I in such a situation, I would:

Consider confronting the private forum bully

Absolutely take that person's behavior into account when dealing with him

Consider letting it be known if necessary that a person might be two-faced; probably only if someone else on the board was getting involved in a new league, etc. I might not spill the beans per se, but I might drop a word or two about how above board a potential new league member would be, etc.

I might be bothered enough by that person's behavior to have private conversations about that person with other members of the league. Probably have to get a new private forum for it though. :D

Sky, does this hypothetical person thinks he's being funny? Is he a humor one-trick pony that got a rise out of people for doing it at first and just can't let it go?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Theoretical scenario]

Say I belong to a BOTH league that has a protected forum. This forum, of course, only allows fellow league members into it.... and thus, is nice and private as protected forums should be.

Now.... what is the Huddle opinion on this scenario:

I have issues with some here at the Huddle. I use my protected forum to bash those people. I can say anything I want about them... I can attack them... question their parentage.... question their honor... I can say anything I desire.... and the beauty of this.... they don't see it and can't answer.

Should my leaguemates consider my character to be in question? Would they wonder about my honor? My integrity? Or is it perfectly acceptable to attack those I have issues with in complete impunity...not having to face them and enjoying the fact that they don't even know that I am doing it?

Am I an honorable person? A person with good character? Or am I a dishonorable person with a lack of character?

[/Theoretical scenario.]

What say you Huddle?

I would say you can do whatever you want as you are a human being. If “bashing” someone in a private forum is what you want to do maybe to save that person’s feeling then fine. If you want to do it because you don’t want to deal with hearing them talk back that is also fine. One cannot call this a question of “character” because who are we to judge how you feel. Who are we to say “Yes Sky I think what you are doing is in bad character.”? Oh we can give you our opinion on the matter but that doesn’t make is so. No one has the right to question how another person feels in regards to someone and if talking it over in the privacy of their own protect forum is what they want to do then so be it.

Don’t sweat it dude. You are your own man.

i was going to say if it's a venting issue like, "Man I've tried to tell Irish what an wascaly wabbit he is and the guy is just so thick-headed that it never seems to sink in."---Fine. You're not talking behind this guy's back because he already knows how you feel and you're blowing off steam.

However, if the guy has no idea of your b1tching about him regardless of how annoying/wrong he is and can be, you are also wrong for not ever attempting to do as you stated above which is have some type of dialogue with him and air things out first before bashing him privately which seems yellow to me.

You just love talking about yourself in a negative way. Here is a bit of free advice.

:D

[Theoretical scenario]

Say I belong to a BOTH league that has a protected forum. This forum, of course, only allows fellow league members into it.... and thus, is nice and private as protected forums should be.

Now.... what is the Huddle opinion on this scenario:

I have issues with some here at the Huddle. I use my protected forum to bash those people. I can say anything I want about them... I can attack them... question their parentage.... question their honor... I can say anything I desire.... and the beauty of this.... they don't see it and can't answer.

Should my leaguemates consider my character to be in question? Would they wonder about my honor? My integrity? Or is it perfectly acceptable to attack those I have issues with in complete impunity...not having to face them and enjoying the fact that they don't even know that I am doing it?

Am I an honorable person? A person with good character? Or am I a dishonorable person with a lack of character?

[/Theoretical scenario.]

What say you Huddle?

if you are convinced that someone is being two-faced, then the correct course of action is to say something to that person. if they are saying something about the other person that is incorrect or unfair, perhaps you should say something to stand up for them in that environment where they are being unfairly maligned. doing neither of these things and going to the other person to snitch is every bit as gutless as the actions you're complaining about in the first place.

Sky, does this hypothetical person thinks he's being funny? Is he a humor one-trick pony that got a rise out of people for doing it at first and just can't let it go?

Never thought to put any of that into the equation, Czar. When I was putting it together what I had in mind was someone that was a member of a private forum and they were using it as a way of taking shots at a person without them knowing or seeing. I see now that my presentation my be flawed. Was just trying to get a read on how Huddlers view a hypothetical situation and how they view the offenders character and honor.

Good thing stuff like that doesn't happen here. At least in the protected forums I am active in. Everyone pretty much says to a persons face what they say in the protected forums.

To whom do you refer? :D

if you are convinced that someone is being two-faced, then the correct course of action is to say something to that person. if they are saying something about the other person that is incorrect or unfair, perhaps you should say something to stand up for them in that environment where they are being unfairly maligned. doing neither of these things and going to the other person to snitch is every bit as gutless as the actions you're complaining about in the first place.

This is NOT a real situation. I have no idea if it occurs here. Just got to thinking about a scenario that could occur when I was in one of my protected forums. A "hmmm... wonder what .... let's see what other Huddlers think" type of question.

And I still haven't figured out where everyone got the idea that there was snitching in the equation.

I will say that I know a Huddler who enjoys making unsubstantiated claims about another huddler or 2 who are friends of mine. He typically does it to me or cryptically so others wont know exactly who he is discussing. We have had a couple of confrontations about it, but not for some time. He believes something that I feel isnt true about a couple other huddlers, but we arent going to convince each other to change our respective positions. I will defend these people in any forum, public or private, or in a fist fight if need be. But I am not going to go snitch to them that somebody else has said something derogatory about them. I dont roll like that. I dont know if that reflects poorly on my character or not...

I will say that I know a Huddler who enjoys making unsubstantiated claims about another huddler or 2 who are friends of mine. He typically does it to me or cryptically so others wont know exactly who he is discussing. We have had a couple of confrontations about it, but not for some time. He believes something that I feel isnt true about a couple other huddlers, but we arent going to convince each other to change our respective positions. I will defend these people in any forum, public or private, or in a fist fight if need be. But I am not going to go snitch to them that somebody else has said something derogatory about them. I dont roll like that. I dont know if that reflects poorly on my character or not...

Thanks buddy.

Spain & Menudo = BFF

Fortunately, inability to perform light vehicle maintenence isnt one of them... :D

:tup:

Although I'm curious if that is true. I just don't see a pink shirt wearing, couples shower attending, Bubba befriending yuppie working on a car :D

P.S. Quit talking about Skins behind his back. He can't help being a mongloidal-eunuch.

Good info here.

Spain, I never claimed those "unsubstantiated" rumors were true, because I dont know if they are, just something I suspected based upon private communications from third parties. And you know it is suspicious.

But if you wanna brawl, bring it. :D

Personally, if I see someone making unsubstantiated personal attacks that I think are unwarranted, I will definitely stand up and call B.S.

If the personal attacks are warranted, I would agree. But I wouldn't say anything in a private forum that I wouldn't say to a person's face; I may not volunteer the info to the person, but if it comes up, it comes up.

Generally, if I think someone is a worthless waste of space, they go on ignore and out of my realm of perception. It's much easier that way.

Generally, if I think someone is a worthless waste of space, they go on ignore and out of my realm of perception. It's much easier that way.

....like 3 of the people who have posted in this thread. :D

(there, that should give all you nellies something to get a-twitter about)

Personally, if I see someone making unsubstantiated personal attacks that I think are unwarranted, I will definitely stand up and call B.S.

If the personal attacks are warranted, I would agree. But I wouldn't say anything in a private forum that I wouldn't say to a person's face; I may not volunteer the info to the person, but if it comes up, it comes up.

I call bullshhiit. You always claimed to have me on ignore but did not because you would reply to my posts. After you pm'd me trying to be boyfriends, and I said no thanks and requested that you put me back on ignore you still responded to my posts. I imagine you claim to have me on ignore now but dont.

I dont think you really put anyone on ignore.