[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And the Father is..............

ChuckB

Why do I get the feeling that he'll be spending more time looking after his bank account than his child?

Why do I get the feeling that Stern will bill this little girl 80 million dollars in legal fees and she and LB will never see a penny?

Why do I get the feeling that he'll be spending more time looking after his bank account than his child?

Birkhead, a Los Angeles photographer, began seeking custody before Smith, 39, collapsed and died in a Florida hotel Feb. 8.

I dunno, I sorta get the feeling that he wanted to be recognized as the babies father before the dollar signs really came into play. :D

Stern said he would not fight for custody.

"I'm obviously very disappointed but my feelings toward Dannielynn have not changed," Stern said, adding Birkhead can come to his Bahamas home to visit Dannielynn at any time

:D

Wow, real nice of ya!

Why do I get the feeling that you guys are a bunch of homos :D

Cause it usually takes one to know one. :tup::D

I dunno, I sorta get the feeling that he wanted to be recognized as the babies father before the dollar signs really came into play. :D

So, you're saying that the $500 million fortune that the kid's going to inherit has nothing to do with the motives of all of these people claiming to be the father? Perhaps I'm being overly-cynical, but I don't think that any of these douchebags care about the child.

So, you're saying that the $500 million fortune that the kid's going to inherit has nothing to do with the motives of all of these people claiming to be the father? Perhaps I'm being overly-cynical, but I don't think that any of these douchebags care about the child.

No, I just think that that was Sterns only motivation and not as much on the part of Birkhead. IIRC, he has been trying to get custody since the baby was born. I think he knew what a messed up life (albeit a rich one) she would have had growing up with Stern and Anna Nicole.

No, I just think that that was Sterns only motivation and not as much on the part of Birkhead. IIRC, he has been trying to get custody since the baby was born. I think he knew what a messed up life (albeit a rich one) she would have had growing up with Stern and Anna Nicole.

Either your wife signed on as you, or you are gay for knowing so much about this situation.

Why do I get the feeling that Stern will bill this little girl 80 million dollars in legal fees and she and LB will never see a penny?

Depends. I've read bits and pieces about the estate planning in place. But *if* it was done right, the kid's assets should be relatively protected, as the majority of legal fees ought to be governed by a statutory probate fee schedule. Once the probate estate is complete, then there is almost always professionals involved who help administer the trust or estate. That will cost some money, for sure. But you can't expect those folks to work for free.

Now, if the estate planning wasn't set up right it could be like jackals on a hippo carcass. In that case, it wouldn't surprise me if the finances become court-supervised. While that jacks up the legal fees, it helps keep people from looting the assets on the sly. In that event, the court would likely appoint a conservator or perhaps a corporate trustee, assuming there was a challenge to whoever was appointed as trustee/executor pursuant to Smith's trust/will.

But we're talking about Anna Nicole Smith so there's clearly no chance of that happening.

I know she had a will in place, but from what I've read it was fairly boiler plate and contained numerous, minor errors. (Likely because her lawyer did a lazy copy and paste from a prior client). I haven't heard if she had a revocable living trust in place, or not. It might actually be a blessing if she didn't, as her will would have to be lodged with the court, and her (sizeable) estate would be subject to probate. Probate = court supervision.

If there was a decent trust (or trusts) in place, then most assets avoid probate. That's great when the people in charge are solid folks who balance the best interest of the beneficiaries, keeping in mind the settlor's intent in establishing the trust in the first place. It's not so great when the folks in charge are financial vampires.

Edited by yo mama

Let's be clear here......LOL. Stern passed his California Bar in 1994. His one and only client (when he had a practice and since it was dissolved) has been Anna Nicole. She's paid for everything he has in assets at present.

It's fairly clear from friends and associates that they did not have a sexual relationship. Personally....I think he was infatuated with her AND the money. If she was ever serious about him....why go through that whole farce back in September of a "commitment ceremony"?? I think is was to appease him. It isn't legal in any way. She knew then that baby wasn't his....and so did he. She knew he'd look out for her financial well being because he thought it was also HIS financial future.

I don't follow this story really...but it's hard to close your ears to it when it's bombarding the airwaves....LOL. I don't know much about Birkhard, but it also seems clear that he was interested in being a father to the child even before she was born.

Time will tell. Their lives will be lived under a microscope.

IMO, Stern and Birkhead are both money-hungry douchebags. The fact that they both slept with Anna Nicole speaks volumes about their character.

I also think that Birkhead knew that Anna was a drug-addled mess and that it was just a matter of time before she OD'd. If he could prove that he was the biological father of the heir to that $500 million fortune, he'd almost certainly be in control of the money until the child turned 18.